Thread: Troller Conversion Progress

Well, it seems many on this forum enjoy seeing the progress of other members projects. So, after being asked by RGM if I'd post my project, here she is:
    http://www.home.earthlink.net/~tetapa

Some of you, such as J. A. Tones, are taking on similar projects and, I'd like to hear your story. Sad to say, some of my boat is being done by a pro. I can't claim it to be my work. It was the old time vs money debate. This time I had more money than time.

For you folks interested in the progress, keep coming back to the site. I just put it together last week and, will be updating it frequently over the next several weeks.

What a beauty, and what a project!

I've seen the ads for boats at French Creek for quite awhile now. The boats I see ALL look good to me, and the prices also seem to be fair!

The only problem I have is getting one of them from where they are to where I am! (Pittsburgh, PA). Oh - and of course there's the problem of where to put her while I work on her. Oh - and of course there's also the problem of actually finding the time to work on her....

Glad to see that you posted your project Terry. I think that alot of folks may benefit from watching your progress and reading about the work. Good job.

[This message has been edited by RGM (edited 11-08-2001).]

Way to go Terry.
    Great overview of whatcha got and watcha gotta do.
    Sounds and looks like your taking this one on with your eyes open.
    Darryl

What a project. Its looking real good so far. As far as I'm concerned, there's no shame in bringing a pro in, especially on a job that size. It sounds like that decision may be a reflection of your good sense. Good luck and keep us posted.

Terry,

Good Show! I am looking for a boat to do this with. I am currently restoring a 44' Island Clipper sailboat, that I will never sell, but the wife and I are currently looking for an old Seiner of approximately 60' to convert to a long range cruiser.

There are more Seiners, Trollers, and Tugs under 40K than I can shake a stick at in the pacific NW.

Best wishes on your project, this is a worthy goal!

YIKES! Imagine the neighbor's reaction if I brought this baby home...

Terry, how about a head's up whenever you update the page. Thanks for showing us.

Nice boat, good luck, looks like we will all learn from you adventure.

Terry
    Nice boat and a nice web site. Great to see to see other conversions . I`ve just started a 34' double-ended gillnetter and its nice to see someone eles progress. I`ll vist your site often.
    GREAT WORK AND KEEP AT HER.