Thread: Experience with cordless vacuums?

Default Experience with cordless vacuums?

Seems a whole bunch with names I've never heard of are available, at a significant price range.

Advice?
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

Default Re: Experience with cordless vacuums?

Also interested in this, thinking it would be great to have on the boat.

Most seem to get mostly good reviews. the common bad review is they suddenly die. I kind of like the idea of exchangeable batteries.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

They are ok. Not a whole lot of suck. Good on thin carpet, floors, under beds, etc.

But not sucking all carp out of a real carpet. No beater bar power either.

Decent, medium ok all around. Worth having because the are so light and small and cordless.

I just last week picked up one of these because getting the dyson out was not happening often and I seem to be accumulating ryobi tools and batteries.

96A197A1-DC51-45B4-9ED6-FF70845AE01E.jpg
    Last edited by bluedog225; 06-16-2021 at 03:30 PM.

they are EXTRAORDINARY.

I have a wicked effing expensive dyson ball which has been relegated to garage-and-porch use because we have three cordless units strategically deployed through the rest of the house which are just SO MUCH MORE CONVENIENT.
    Likewise, a wicked effing expensive (and still sublimely quiet) electrolux that just decorates the broom closet.

Don't worry about battery life, you're never going to use it for more than ten minutes at a time.
    Don't bother with the removable/modular battery pack type, just plug-in to charge.
    You want easy complete-cleanability of the cyclonic debris chamber.
    [edited] The best of our bunch is a dyson-knockoff (probably via Costco) that looks like a Dyson V8 model. The others are still very good, let's say they're tied for a close-2nd.
    Last edited by Figment; 06-17-2021 at 07:07 AM.
    What color are their hands now?

I have an older Dyson stick type and I love it. HOWEVER, this and the Roomba both require frequent cleaning. If you don't take the brushes out and clean the wound up hair off of them they quit working. There is no issue with battery time, even on this older one there is plenty of time to do the areas you need to do. But you HAVE to clean them.

I have 2 older Makita 18v handhelds and they are excellent. These have real suck - I rarely bring out the plug in as the Makitas do it all. We have 80% hardwood floors - 20% rugs. They are slower on the rugs but do an excellent job. I get two or three rooms out of the 2Ah battery. I use these for real house cleaning - but of course the beauty is the 1-2 minute cleanup in the problem areas which extend the time between deeper cleanings.

Pros - Quick to deploy, they really suck, price, light weight, Makita quality & I've other 18v Makita tools.

Cons - Big battery but small debris chamber. I dump the chamber & either shake out the dust "bag" (with a wind @ my back...) or just wash it in the sink. The bag is good for many washings - just make sure to dry it completely to avoid mold spores blowing out the exhaust if put away wet...

They have a bunch of newer models that seem to address the small debris chamber - this is the model I have - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1