Thread: Saving Grace, TV

Default Saving Grace, TV

A dozen years ago Mary Ellen and I watched most episodes. She educated me in how Holly Hunter and Laura San Giacomo and the rest of the cast and writers used way over-doing it to drive in the point.

And now streaming it, I am totally awed at the physical/sexual/acting courage of people pushing past fifty.

Default Re: Saving Grace, TV

That was a good series. I esp. enjoyed 'Earl'. I've named my nurse's 'tapeworm' Earl, just so.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Thumbs up Re: Saving Grace, TV

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    That was a good series. I esp. enjoyed 'Earl'. I've named my nurse's 'tapeworm' Earl, just so.
    Leon Rippy is a uniquely talented actor with a delightful presence. I always enjoy him when I see him.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

Yes.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by Domesticated_Mr. Know It All View Post
    Everlast, a favorites of mine.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

There was also an American comedy series (four or five seasons) called Grace Under Fire about a woman called Grace Kelly who worked in a refinery I think. I liked the show and the lead actress- until I read a bunch of stuff about her from the people she worked with. Some people don't handle celebrity well. JayInOz

Quote Originally Posted by JayInOz View Post
    There was also an American comedy series (four or five seasons) called Grace Under Fire about a woman called Grace Kelly who worked in a refinery I think. I liked the show and the lead actress- until I read a bunch of stuff about her from the people she worked with. Some people don't handle celebrity well. JayInOz
    I remember that show. It was good until she killed it, much like Rosanne Barr killed her own show for no good reason.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers