Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It might be time to storm the castle...

Default It might be time to storm the castle...

...and build the obliettes and guillotines. Yet more egregious obscenity from the ATFW.

Health care CEOs raked in $3.2 billion as pandemic raged
    CEOs’ median pay rose to $9 million despite record layoffs of health workers.

Beth Mole—arstechnica.com, 6/15/2021

As the COVID-19 pandemic ravaged the country last year, the chief executive officers of 178 US healthcare companies saw their already lofty pay soar to even higher heights.

Collectively, the 178 CEOs took home $3.2 billion in 2020, according to a new analysis by Axios. Their median pay rose to $9 million, up from about $7.7 million in 2018 and $8 million in 2019. The 2019 US median household income was $68,703, according to the US Census Bureau. The Department of Housing and Urban Development estimates that the 2020 national median income for families was $78,500.

Thirty health care CEOs made over $30 million each. That list includes the CEOs of Regeneron ($174 million), Eli Lilly ($68 million), Teladoc ($45 million), UnitedHealth Group ($42 million), and Quest Diagnostics ($34 million).

The CEO with the highest pay was Masimo’s Joe Kiani, who raked in $210 million. Masimo is a medical device company that is well-known for making oxygen saturation measurement products.

CEOs of health insurance companies also fared well. The CEOs of six health care conglomerates—Anthem, Centene, Cigna, CVS Health, Humana, and UnitedHealth Group—collectively took in $236 million in 2020. That is a 45 percent increase from their collective pay in 2019, Axios notes.
    The rest of the short article: http://arstechnica.com/science/2021/...e-3-2-billion/
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

Default Re: It might be time to storm the castle...

it was a tough year
    they worked hard
    they deserve it
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    it was a tough year
    they worked hard
    they deserve it
    It being the oubliette or the guillotine? Be specific.
    I'd much rather lay in my bunk all freakin day lookin at Youtube videos .

69% of democrats oppose capital punishment for murder. But hey, build the guillotines and kill the rich. Revolutions almost always end badly. They might accomplish a few good things, but I would like to think we could figure out other ways do get it done.

Yacht based helicopter maintenance don’t come cheap.
    The Algorithm Is Watching

Quote Originally Posted by peb View Post
    69% of democrats oppose capital punishment for murder. But hey, build the guillotines and kill the rich. Revolutions almost always end badly. They might accomplish a few good things, but I would like to think we could figure out other ways do get it done.
    Is it worse to kill someone in a fit of passion, or to coldly calculate the profit of forcing millions to live in poverty?
    Rattling the teacups.

Nice. Ya just can't help yourself, can ya?
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Several of my family work in hospitals - and how 'management' manipulates them, and squeezes every last bit of production out of them, damn the consequences - is criminal. But much of the midwest is 'right to work', which translates to 'workers have no rights'. And too many have been manipulated into believing unionization is 'a bad thing'. And it is - for the profitmongers. Want to see a hospital administrator get worked up and anxious? Organize a 'talk' amongst the employed, to consider unionization. They will fight you, tooth and nail.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Nice. Ya just can't help yourself, can ya?
    So others can make comments about invoking the death penalty, but I cannot. Got it. I will try to remember folks like you are around enforcing the rules as to who can post what type of comments in the future. Could you please list these rules?

Oh, post away - ad nauseum! No 'enforcement' for you!

And most of us enjoy the entertainment. Knock yerself out.

Quote Originally Posted by L.W. Baxter View Post

yet another reason why the ppp was ******* joke.
    i kept 200 dogs alive and twelve people on payroll with the ppp
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

No doubt *some* did just that. And then there's others, who made out like bandits. And then.... there's the actual bandits, with fraudulent claims.

A massive rescue, predicated on an acute time-line. Ripe for abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by P.I. Stazzer-Newt View Post
    It being the oubliette or the guillotine? Be specific.
    If you can't remember which, that rather says it...
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Yea, guillotine them all. Take their $3 billion/year and give it to the bottom 10% - 11 million households. That will solve the problem. ($300/household/year.)

There is a lot of inequality, but they are a lot more difficult to solve.
    Life is complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Little Time View Post
    Yea, guillotine them all. Take their $3 billion/year and give it to the bottom 10% - 11 million households. That will solve the problem. ($300/household/year.)

You funny.

The heck with their $3B/PA.

Once they're out of the picture, they won't need the several trillion they have amassed over the years, either.

Face it.

The top 10% could pay off the national debt and STILL BE the top 10%.

It is not a question of morality.

It is a question of whether this can stand in a functioning economy, ESPECIALLY if one of the defining characteristics of 'functioning' is that nobody goes homeless or dies from some ridiculous disease that could be treated or cured with 27 worth of drugs that some greed-driven ratfreaker now retails to the desperate for $2,700 per dose.

You always claim to be for the little guy, but it always comes down to apologetics and bemoaning the inevitability of impoverished masses of unwashed victims, and of course blaming the Democrats.

We can no longer accept 'income' as any sort of indicator.

The richest among us enter $0 as their Earned Income, and pay pretty much zip on their UN-earned income.

I don't have anything against people who go out into the world and amass a fortune. It's pretty clear to me that most of those folks were pretty much born with the knack for money.

I have no interest for persecuting anyone for the way they were born.

However, there's a good deal of evidence to suggest that pederasts and serial killers are born that way, and nobody in their right mind would suggest that they should be allowed to prey upon the public at large. Yet we seem to be enthusiastic when it comes to allowing the money-massers free rein.

The FACT of the matter is that when we had top marginal tax rates near 90%, there was no shortage of millionaires, nor was there any lack of schools, parks, libraries or jobs.

SCROOM, I say.

Scroom all really hard, and make their lazy, self-entitled, ratfreaking asses go back to WORK, like the rest of us.
    Rattling the teacups.

We live in a big gangsters paradise. Whatcha gonna do?

Without friends none of this is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    No doubt *some* did just that. And then there's others, who made out like bandits. And then.... there's the actual bandits, with fraudulent claims.

A massive rescue, predicated on an acute time-line. Ripe for abuse.
    Indeed. And yet, for all that, still a good thing overall. MAYBE we could have designed a better system. Probably, in fact. I bet even a committee of BilgeRats could have. But we didn't have the time. So, hopefully, we'll claw back some of the worst examples of abuse, and live with the bittersweet knowledge that 'better' is not 'perfect'... but more useful than 'nothing'.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Humans are like that you know.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    You funny.

Once they're out of the picture, they won't need the several trillion they have amassed over the years, either.

Face it.

It is a question of whether this can stand in a functioning economy, ESPECIALLY if one of the defining characteristics of 'functioning' is that nobody goes homeless or dies from some ridiculous disease that could be treated or cured with 27 worth of drugs that some greed-driven ratfreaker now retails to the desperate for $2,700 per dose.

You always claim to be for the little guy, but it always comes down to apologetics and bemoaning the inevitability of impoverished masses of unwashed victims, and of course blaming the Democrats.

The richest among us enter $0 as their Earned Income, and pay pretty much zip on their UN-earned income.

I don't have anything against people who go out into the world and amass a fortune. It's pretty clear to me that most of those folks were pretty much born with the knack for money.

However, there's a good deal of evidence to suggest that pederasts and serial killers are born that way, and nobody in their right mind would suggest that they should be allowed to prey upon the public at large. Yet we seem to be enthusiastic when it comes to allowing the money-massers free rein.

The FACT of the matter is that when we had top marginal tax rates near 90%, there was no shortage of millionaires, nor was there any lack of schools, parks, libraries or jobs.

SCROOM, I say.

Scroom all really hard, and make their lazy, self-entitled, ratfreaking asses go back to WORK, like the rest of us.
    I have no problem with rich folks. I just want to kill them and then we can all have their money.

I thought my comment was along the line that taxing income was a poor way to accomplish much at all.

I do blame the Democrats as much as the Republicans. The most aggressive plan of the Democrats to tax wealth is insignificant. As are their most aggressive plans to address economic inequality.

I keep pointing out that wealth is a more appropriate indicator. And that unrealized gains should be taxed.
    Life is complex.

Referring to the OP and the article, I just don't know where to begin. It honestly makes me feel sad.
    Reading further in the article,
    the federal government provided $70 billion in bailouts to hospitals and other health care providers and thousands of nurses where threatened with employment termination if they didn't agree with wage freezes.
    My question is if it's the market that decides, how does this happen???
    Surely there are plenty of capable CEO's who would work for less?

Surely this is proof that the dictum is false and somehow applied to benefit some and penalise others in the market?
    Analysis of the workings of this dynamic is above my pay grade [ ha ha ] but I would love to see and study someone elses delving into the details of this specific issue.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

Republicans built a scaffold with nooses on January 6 and are trending to illiberalism and despotism.

But its the democrats

I have no problem with rich folks. I just want to kill them and then we can all have their money.
    You are one sick so-and-so.
    Rattling the teacups.

That was sarcasm.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    That was sarcasm.
    That was someone putting words in my mouth.
    Rattling the teacups.

“The Republicans killed the rich and stole their property” was one of the objections to the civil war.

Revolution/insurrection tomatoe/tomato
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Indeed. And yet, for all that, still a good thing overall. MAYBE we could have designed a better system. Probably, in fact. I bet even a committee of BilgeRats could have.
    “Now, I have to tell you, it’s an unbelievably complex subject. Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.” - Donald Trump

not a dem, and I oppose murdering people aka, 'capital punishment' (for murdering, singly, in passion, for survival, etc).. but support it for people who have abused the public's trust - ie, the powerful and rich - which includes LE and Pols as well as the ATFW.

#raisetheblade
    #thefrenchknew

Is it worse to kill someone in a fit of passion, or to coldly calculate the profit of forcing millions to live in poverty?
    well, peb is a papist first..

I was paraphrasing your post. You stayed "Once they're out of the picture, they won't need the several trillion they have amassed over the years, either." That can only mean you favor the guillotine mentioned by others in this thread. Then you said ”I don't have anything against people who go out into the world and amass a fortune."

Who is the sick so-and-so?
    You don't even like my posts when I say the same thing you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Little Time View Post

You funny.

Face it.

SCROOM, I say.

I was paraphrasing your post. You stayed "Once they're out of the picture, they won't need the several trillion they have amassed over the years, either." That can only mean you favor the guillotine mentioned by others in this thread. Then you said ”I don't have anything against people who go out into the world and amass a fortune."

Who is the sick so-and-so?
    You don't even like my posts when I say the same thing you say.
    No.

It was I who was responding to TLT's sarcastic reference to the Guillotine.

You were paraphrasing what you so desperately need to believe my position to be.

You need to believe it because if it's NOT true everything you were taught to believe about money is a lie.

You were paraphrasing some hellish, twisted, bestial version of what you have been told to believe these murderous, rabid, radical, leftist, communist, anti-American psychopaths think, and projecting the entire, steaming, benighted, fear-driven pack of lies squarely onto me.

I'm not having any, thankyouverymuch.

Your wretched, antiquated, McCarthyite fears of wild-eyed, pistol-waving Communists rampaging through the streets is nothing more or less than a lie foisted upon a heaving mass of terrified middle-class Americans by the filthy rich in order that they might blame the poor for the economic devastation being wrought upon them by the ATFW.

There is no Communist agenda afoot in the US.

There is no angry mob out to steal your assets and wreak unspeakable violence upon your family.

It's a LIE.

The danger is from the ATFW convincing people like you that democracy is anti-American. That rich people are better than poor people. That the poor deserve impoverishment, and that it is God's work to make them pay.

The dangerous mob that is forming is made up of straight, white, male 'Christians' laden with decades' accumulation of small arms and ammunition who have been taught their enemies are 'liberals'.

These people are MORONS, and they're poised to make a real hash of things.

You really should try reading and comprehending the posts you respond to BEFORE posting your reply.

Have a great day.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallam View Post

My question is if it's the market that decides, how does this happen???
    There is a reason I refer to it as the "mythical market" because it really does not exist.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Oznabrag, its perhaps hard to spot all of the sarcasm on this thread, as at least one poster has seemed to indicate he is seriously for killing off the rich. The whole thread is beyond distasteful to me.

I never said there was a communist agenda or someone out to steal my money. I am concerned that we can decend further into political violence, there has been quite to much by both political extremes.

As for everything I have been taught to be true about money being a lie. Well, I sincerely doubt that. On the technical side of things, I think I have a fairly truthful understanding of the economics of money. From a good-for-society point of view (which I believe you are referring to), I am positive you have little idea of my philisophical point of view on money, goods, services, property, etc. I have certainly posted about almost all of the important ones in the past, but I certainly realize you have me pigeon holed as part of that mythical fascist agenda rampaging this country. Are my beliefs true, I think they are. The core of them can be found throughout the following book:

https://www.amazon.com/Compendium-Do...s%2C175&sr=8-3

I happen to trust the source very, very much. So, no, what I have taught is not a lie, I have had the best teacher there is.

Oznabrag, . . . I certainly realize you have me pigeon holed as part of that mythical fascist agenda rampaging this country.
    It's not mythical.

It's here.

It's all around you.

It's a Republican President advocating for destroying the Rule of Law.

It's a Republican seeking to have his political opponent murdered when she starts to win her campaign.

The list goes on and on, ad infinitum, yet you dismiss this solid and growing body of self-evident FACT as a liberal myth.

Not only that, but you identify ME as part of the problem.

Ugh.

As to money, you seem to believe that the function of money is to transfer all wealth into the hands of a very few.

84 Americans own 50% of the wealth on Earth, and it's not enough.

People who back that play, hoping for table scraps, are not well.
    Rattling the teacups.

hoping for table scraps,
    ah, but 'tis not table scraps they hope for but the pain inflicted on others.. the same wish as the ATFW, who certainly aren't doing it because they need the money.

meaning very much yes, they are not well.

best proof they want pain? they 'put 4 legged animals to sleep' - painlessly.. they murder 2 leggeds - painfully.