Thread: Mixer Mate paint can lid

Default Mixer Mate paint can lid

I didnít think I was going to like this gadget but I do. It works. It saves paint, mess and aggravation. I bought one a few years ago and itís been on an old can of paint since. I gave it a few stirs, pulled the spout open and poured out clean fresh paint. I just bought two more to keep on paint in the dock box. It seals the can well and allows you to stir and pour out what you need from a drip less spout with a sliding cover like a syrup pitcher. (No connection, just like the product. Sold by Rockler and others.)

A4277F06-238F-40FA-A06D-25124EAB0942.jpeg

https://www.rockler.com/mixing-mate-...pour-and-store

Default Re: Mixer Mate paint can lid

Is there an injection point for spritzing inert gas?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Then there is the motorized shelving units for them that continuously stir the contents while it sits on the shelf.

Edit to add: David G, there are those types of dispenser/mixer/covers that do have valved gas inlets; my friend who owed an auto parts store had them in his paint mixing room. I don't think his were Rockler, though - supplied by PPG Paints, but I don't know who the manufacturer was.
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Good tip
    Elect a clown expect a circus

I should add for the observant, there exist old posts by me saying I didn’t think they were so hot. I’ve changed my mind. I often prep and paint small areas at a time on the boat. These help that process immensely.