Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 36 to 60 of 60

Thread: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

  1. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    13,886

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    Anti-Maskers Ready to Start Masking—to Protect Themselves From the Vaccinated


    https://www.vice.com/amp/en/article/...JeZZaOv4z4TDv0
    That's a shame, I was hoping it would cause them to get vaccinated.

  2. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    36,356

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by peb View Post
    That's a shame, I was hoping it would cause them to get vaccinated.
    AntiVaxers Are true believers - nothing & no one is gonna prick them.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

  3. #38
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Garden State
    Posts
    9,115

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post

    Unless of course they find a place to sell them fakes:

    https://abc7chicago.com/covid-vaccin...fake/10626690/
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

    -Dalai Lama

  4. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    13,886

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    I don't understand fake vaccine cards. Have some stones, stand up fur your convictions.

  5. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saint Helena Island, SC
    Posts
    11,352

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    I’ll be leaving mine in my pocket at every opportunity.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

  6. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    2 states: NJ and confusion
    Posts
    39,426

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    Critical point - how does one identify people who are fully vaccinated who no longer need to wear masks?
    I have my card in a plastic sleeve (Amazon sells a variety of vaccination card holders) and I attach it to a lanyard (also sold by Amazon) and wear it around my neck

    I think businesses will like ask for proof, and that's fine by me.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

  7. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    2 states: NJ and confusion
    Posts
    39,426

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Carey View Post
    Except that one can buy, apparently, fake vaccination cards online ("freedom cards", I believe they're called).
    I'm sure a relatively small percentage will do this. They put themselves at risk, so I'm not sure I care. I'm assuming the servers are al vaccinated.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

  8. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    109,875

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    I think businesses will like ask for proof, and that's fine by me.
    no one is going to ask for proof

    the days of mask theatre are over
    Last edited by Paul Pless; 05-14-2021 at 09:03 AM.
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

  9. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    northwestern Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,172

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by peb View Post
    Tom, I left nothing out. I mentioned it applied to vaccinated people in the first paragraph. The link was from NBC news. Anyine with half a brain cell knew it applied to vaccinated people the very first post .

    So get a life, I don't have to be your nemesis. I gave my thoughts on the CDC policy and it's implications. The purpose was not to spell out what that policy was. I gave a news report for that.

    Grow up.
    Rather than scold other posters for pointing out that you left the single most important bit from the CDC announcement out of your thread title, thus creating a WILDLY inaccurate headline--and then making absurd "nemesis" claims and condescending "grow up" comments, another option would have been something like this:

    "Thanks for pointing that out. I should have included that in the thread title. I can see how it could be misleading."

    peb, this stuff is important. Like, life and death important. I lost a good friend to COVID-19 in October, and had many colleagues infected throughout the school year.

    So, when you post something that's inaccurate, well, man up and take responsibility for your minor honest mistakes. That would help your credibility on these COVID-19 threads.

    Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

    www.tompamperin.com

  10. #45
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Victoria BC
    Posts
    18,194

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    Can we please stop obsessing about masks already?
    This must be thread number 50 on the topic.

  11. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    598

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    I understand that you left out the most important qualifier in today's CDC announcement, and in the process, drastically misrepresented what the CDC actually said. And I was not surprised that you did. Please note that I did NOT accuse you of lying; I don't think you did. I think it was careless, and needs to be corrected, however.

    Nor am I surprised that, when an obvious inaccuracy in one of your postings is brought to your attention, you quickly denounce those who spotted your inaccuracy for "picking a fight." That fits the standard pattern around here pretty well.

    Tom
    Maybe Peb did it deliberately. It's not for me to say, but the cynicism here in the bilge is really getting a little thick. It is really choking the ability for people to have conversations in a way that a discussion can happen and minds can be changed. it just becomes partisan sniping. I do not excuse Peb ether....I have seen him snipe too. We are all adults - this isn't really necessary. Cant' we take a person's word at face value and leave it at that? I am totally OK with people disagreeing with me on content, but the accusations and pejorative labelling of people is anything but civil and open-minded. Please give him the benefit of the doubt - it takes two to have a fight.

  12. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    598

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    If conservatives didn’t have bad faith they’d have no faith at all. Cry’s for civil and open minded. What a farce.
    Hugh......I knew I could count on you to make my point for me!

  13. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    598

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    And I knew you’d with passive aggressive snark, or insults, or the endless close minded incivility you showcase throughout the bilge.
    Post #53

  14. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hills of Vermont, USA
    Posts
    39,845

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    Maybe Peb did it deliberately. It's not for me to say, but the cynicism here in the bilge is really getting a little thick. It is really choking the ability for people to have conversations in a way that a discussion can happen and minds can be changed. it just becomes partisan sniping. I do not excuse Peb ether....I have seen him snipe too. We are all adults - this isn't really necessary. Cant' we take a person's word at face value and leave it at that? I am totally OK with people disagreeing with me on content, but the accusations and pejorative labelling of people is anything but civil and open-minded. Please give him the benefit of the doubt - it takes two to have a fight.
    + a zillion. As R. Heinlein said "Courtesy is the lubrication of civilization". Sure - we can all get wound up - but being polite & able to apologize is key to any meaningful conversation.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

  15. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    598

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    We can keep playing ping pong to prove my point if you’d like? It’s no different than a discussion with a conservative about covid19 really. You say something you want to be true, but isn’t, and since to conservatives anything outside conservatives doesn’t matter a damn no discussion is possible.
    Hugh:

    It has not been my experience that you debate facts as much as you do label people and insult them. I have tried responding in a civil manner and in a couple of instances I, wrongly, crawled around in the mud with you. I really only have two choices: be mean and snarky back at you, or label your behavior and move on. I choose the latter. However, should you state a non-snarky opinion, or facts, I am happy to have a conversation with you.

    Please try to have a pleasant weekend!

    Best,
    Boatbum

  16. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    36,356

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    FWIW Peb seems to be one of our more honest conservatives on here. I’m dismayed that he chose to leave a CRITICALITY Important piece of information.

    That said I’m going to give him a bit of a pass and hope that he learned the difference. I will continue to be mindful and respectful to those conservatives that make heartfelt arguments and engage in productive debate.

    This respect does not apply to the like of SkyBlue or other trolls.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

  17. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    598

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Letter today in the journal Science re Covid-19 origin:


    https://science.sciencemag.org/content/372/6543/694.1
    interesting....

  18. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    598

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    I post facts and then you disappear, Only to reappear somewhere else to insult and grandstand, much like Garrett. Which leads one to believe neither of you are interested in meaningful conversation at all.
    I am tempted to just ignore this because I can see where it is going, but on those rare occasion where you state a fact without insults attached I do respond. But if I have nothing to say in disagreement or agreement, then I will remain silent. If you have been paying attention, I have accepted facts from others that refute a premise of mine, and have validated opposing points from others here.

    Hugh, I really don't understand why you have so much hate inside you? I'm giving you the opportunity to have respectful conversations and debates, but you seem like you just can't let go of the need to bluster at people who don't agree with you.

    Please just think about what I am saying.

  19. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    northwestern Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,172

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    Maybe Peb did it deliberately. It's not for me to say, but the cynicism here in the bilge is really getting a little thick. It is really choking the ability for people to have conversations in a way that a discussion can happen and minds can be changed. it just becomes partisan sniping. I do not excuse Peb ether....I have seen him snipe too. We are all adults - this isn't really necessary. Cant' we take a person's word at face value and leave it at that? I am totally OK with people disagreeing with me on content, but the accusations and pejorative labelling of people is anything but civil and open-minded. Please give him the benefit of the doubt - it takes two to have a fight.
    Fact check here, Boatum:

    I did give peb the benefit of the doubt. That's why, instead of accusing him of lying, I said this:

    Please note that I did NOT accuse you of lying; I don't think you did. I think it was careless, and needs to be corrected, however.
    In other words, I think you are talking to the wrong person about "it takes two to have a fight."

    Insisting on getting the basic facts correct is not "a fight."

    Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

    www.tompamperin.com

  20. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    northwestern Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,172

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Lol. You don’t want polite, you want people to shut up, same as boatbum.
    Sorry, Hugh. That is not an accurate assessment of Garret at all. He's one of the most reasonable voices in these threads, and does nothing to discourage real discussion.

    Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

    www.tompamperin.com

  21. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    598

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    Fact check here, Boatum:

    I did give peb the benefit of the doubt. That's why, instead of accusing him of lying, I said this:



    In other words, I think you are talking to the wrong person about "it takes two to have a fight."

    Insisting on getting the basic facts correct is not "a fight."

    Tom
    Tom:

    Fair enough.....

    I just was reading though this thread and reached a point where I was tired of seeing all the back and forth. I did not meant to accuse you specifically though it was your post that I quoted in my reply. I apologize for that.

  22. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    northwestern Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,172

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    nah, that’s a perfectly accurate summary of what garret wants from me and he’s said so. Team bilge can pretend different all they want.
    I generally agree with much, if not most, of your take on many issues. But not on this one.

    I think you're too close to the issue to understand how your manner often comes across as hostile and unreasonable, even to those who agree with you.

    Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

    www.tompamperin.com

  23. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    northwestern Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,172

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    Tom:

    Fair enough.....

    I just was reading though this thread and reached a point where I was tired of seeing all the back and forth. I did not meant to accuse you specifically though it was your post that I quoted in my reply. I apologize for that.
    Thanks. I probably deserve it anyway to some degree, based on interactions I've had with peb in the past. But I am trying to be a stickler for facts lately, while assuming good intentions and honest mistakes, rather than intentional deception. I don't think peb did anything nefarious here, but I also think the thread title now sends a very misleading message.

    Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

    www.tompamperin.com

  24. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hills of Vermont, USA
    Posts
    39,845

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    I generally agree with much, if not most, of your take on many issues. But not on this one.

    I think you're too close to the issue to understand how your manner often comes across as hostile and unreasonable, even to those who agree with you.

    Tom
    That's a piece I find odd. I bet Hugh & I agree on things political 90+% - but the man has so much anger it's impossible to have a conversation. My ex-wife was like that & we divorced...
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

  25. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    598

    Default Re: CDC says we can stop wearing masks almost all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    My ex-wife was like that & we divorced...
    Hahahaha

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •