Thread: Interactive NYT on my iPad kinda amazing

Default Interactive NYT on my iPad kinda amazing

So the ďfailingĒ NYT has really been stepping up itís online presence. I have the app on my iPad but just checking their website it has the same interaction.

A Lille back story, Iíve been reading the NYT since I was a teenager. Later in life I remember getting the Sunday late edition on Saturday night or early Sunday morning walking home from working some bar tending gig. Later in life I would get home delivery and read the NYT on the train into NYC, on the way home I would read The Daily News. I remember many a Sunday with many a girlfriend lounging passing out sections of the paper, the magazine was always given to her first Copious amount of coffee, bagels, and Nova were consumed.

Since moving to SoCal, I attempted home delivery of the Sunday Paper but I would only get it once a month, it seemed that people in my complex like to steal the NYT So I bought the online subscription to look through the paywall and enjoy my beloved NYT. I also listen to WNYC exclusively through the WNYC app on my phone. I just need NY in my ears

So I was just reading this article about the worlds highest peeks and climbers when it finally occurred to me WOW they are really making this little article pop. You see as much as I like the online version, Iím a grumpy old man and I just like the fold and spread out the paper in itís traditional form. I miss the days where I could perfectly execute the subway fold that would reduce the tabloid size to a narrow fold so you could finish the article while on a crowded NY Subway.

Take a look at how they made this look, keep scrolling down.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...e=articleShare
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Default Re: Interactive NYT on my iPad kinda amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    I also listen to WNYC exclusively through the WNYC app on my phone.
    kqed and wgbh are worth a listen as well
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

I still resent their downsizing and changing the number of columns so the subway fold no longer worked well.

Once upon a time, I was a 'mailman / letter carrier' in the Chicago area and absolutely dreaded getting mail sacks full of the Sunday NYT . Lots of third-floor walkup apartments and multiple issues delivered to each building. Only surpassed by the December issue of 'Playboy' .