Thread: Conversation about a box of chocolates

Default Conversation about a box of chocolates

Twelve days ago I made a batch of orange truffles. Sunday I made a batch of hazelnut truffles. Today my god daughter is visiting.

"You can't eat too many pieces in a day," she said.
    "I can too," I replied.

Then I observed "I try to limit myself to one piece a day. I try to go a day without here and there. I find it easiest to do without when the box is empty."
    "...moved as he was solely by the desire for truth, and by the suspicion...that the truth was not what was appearing to him at that moment."

Default Re: Conversation about a box of chocolates

Life is like that.

I find you can certainly eat too many and your body tells you when you have, although not soon enough.
    "Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?" - Groucho Marx

I understand your problem. I have taken a liking to dark chocolate dipped apricot nougat. I've had to force myself to buy only a small amount at a time. Your comment about finding the ability to resist temptation when the box is empty resonated with me.
    There is nothing quite as permanent as a good temporary repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
    I understand your problem. I have taken a liking to dark chocolate dipped apricot nougat. I've had to force myself to buy only a small amount at a time. Your comment about finding the ability to resist temptation when the box is empty resonated with me.
    Now, apricot nougat certainly appeals to me. I'll have to give that a try. Apricots are coming into season Real Soon Now, so I can make the nougat soon enough. I'm out of chocolate at the moment, and won't be able to get any more in until November. (I'll be in France the month of October, according to the current fantasy, otherwise things might get cool enough for me to get the next shipment earlier.)
    "...moved as he was solely by the desire for truth, and by the suspicion...that the truth was not what was appearing to him at that moment."

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    Life is like that.

I find you can certainly eat too many and your body tells you when you have, although not soon enough.

When we owned our candy / flower shop, I found that an opening of the display case of truffles, accompanied by a deep inhale, was adequate to satisfy a chocolate (or candy) craving - without any attendant calories.

YMMV

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye54 View Post
    When we owned our candy / flower shop, I found that an opening of the display case of truffles, accompanied by a deep inhale, was adequate to satisfy a chocolate (or candy) craving - without any attendant calories.

YMMV

Rick
    I find that if I inhale too much, I'll gain five pounds.