Thread: Ivanka gets injected with a COVID vaccine and causes a MAGA meltdown.

Default Ivanka gets injected with a COVID vaccine and causes a MAGA meltdown.

You just can't make up this stupid crapola.

Donald Trump’s daughter Ivanka Trump took to Twitter to announce that she got the Covid-19shot and encouraged others to do the same, a move that has caused a meltdown among anti-vaxxers and conservative supporters of the former president.

The former first daughter broke her three months of social media silence on Wednesday posting a photo of her taking the coronavirus vaccine injection, with the accompanying note: “Today, I got the shot!!! I hope that you do too! Thank you Nurse Torres!!!”

Ms Trump’s enthusiastic tweet about the coronavirus vaccine met with several angry responses from Trump supporters who called it a disappointment and accused her of “virtue signalling.”

“@IvankaTrump posted herself getting vaccinated on Instagram & encouraged others to do so. The comments are astonishing,” journalist Stephanie Ruhle tweeted, mentioning some of the responses on her tweet.

One user wrote: “HARD NO - PASS - HELL NO - WHY? - THAT IS DISAPPOINTING - DON’T NEED, I HAVE AN IMMUNE SYSTEM - DISAPPOINTED IN YOU - HOPE IT WAS A PLACEBO - LMAO"

“And, Trump supporters are duped again. The Trump family has no idea what belief they stand behind,” tweeted a user named Gail Helen.

Several users on Instagram also commented saying they don’t want to be a “lab rat“, hitting out at Ms Trump for promoting the coronavirus vaccine.

“No thanks! With a 99% survival rate, I shall pass. With Bill Gates involved I will not get one,” said a user Rice448. “Hell no. Why would you post this?” asked kenny_vv. “Nope not putting that in my body,” said call_me_g95.

“Bummer. I was hoping you were above this kind of virtue signalling,” a user called rmgvd commented. “Wow that’s extremely disappointing, but honestly I’m not surprised,” said heather_15la.

“Nope and please stop trying to manipulate us into doing so. It’s surprising to see you doing this now like the left and Hollywood have been,” said a user called the__real__american.

Some users also pointed out her delay in supporting vaccines. “You could have told people that covid wasn’t a ‘dem hoax.’ You could have told people Covid wasn’t going to ‘disappear like a miracle,’ or with the ‘warmer weather’,” user Jo wrote.

“You could’ve helped stop hundreds of thousands of American deaths but you didn’t. You didn’t. So you’re too late.”

Vaccine hesitancy and anti-vaccine sentiments have been dominant among Republican supporters since the beginning of the pandemic. About 25% of Trump voters told pollster Frank Luntz that they “definitely will not” get vaccinated and another 21% said they would wait for over a year to get the shot.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1831839.html
    “Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.” ― Kurt Vonnegut

Default Re: Ivanka gets injected with a COVID vaccine and causes a MAGA meltdown.

I would love to talk with the nurse and know what she was thinking.
    "Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?" - Groucho Marx

Default Re: Ivanka gets injected with a COVID vaccine and causes a MAGA meltdown.

Yeah, virtue signalling!

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

It is a shame that most of our Trumpies are absent or banned.

I miss the pretzel twists around virtue signaling and cancel culture. It must be hard to know where to stand if you want to be the Trumpiest Trumper.

I don't normally comment on this sort of thing, but the mask in Ivanka is a big improvement in the looks department - it hides the smarmy/smirky smile she usually wears.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by C. Ross View Post
    It is a shame that most of our Trumpies are absent or banned.

I miss the pretzel twists around virtue signaling and cancel culture. It must be hard to know where to stand if you want to be the Trumpiest Trumper.
    Is that "The Race To The Bottom"?
    Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob.

-- James Madison, Federalist 55

Wonder how long it took her to prepare? Just the right tension over the boobs, just the right tightness over the thighs, Just the right casual arrangement of bleached hair, the perfect eyes, you name it. Oh, and the miscl junk on her wrist.

A face only a father could love

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Scheuer View Post
    Wonder how long it took her to prepare? Just the right tension over the boobs, just the right tightness over the thighs, Just the right casual arrangement of bleached hair, the perfect eyes, you name it. Oh, and the miscl junk on her wrist.
    Whatever your opinions are about the op post .... Hypocrisy, change of mind, careful succumbing to peer pressure, a dawning awarenes of what is a probably, though still disputed, sensible move, whatever, ...those stupid and mysoginistic remarks about someone who is by any of the standards of beauty perceived by anyone over the last hundred years who doesnt have his her head stuck up his or her Neolithic waste disposal unit, is bitter and ignorant .
    Go fat critically obese people with no sense of health or self awareness.
    we love you !
    Bilious, choleric, sanguine and phlegmatic

While I'm not a fan, not at all, there is the point that when high profile people "get the shot", it helps some in their decision to do the same.

John Welsford
    An expert is but a beginner with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Scheuer View Post
    I have no love for this woman, but those comments are simply uncalled for. We should, I'd think, be supportive of her getting the vaccine, and making it known.
    Now he's gone. If only he'd be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    A face only a father could love
    Uh oh, ,another one. Please justify those comments
    Bilious, choleric, sanguine and phlegmatic

Aren't those commenters deathly ill by now? What is COVID waiting for?
    Gerard>
    Langley, WA

Don't believe Republican lies.

According to what is oft reported concerning Ivanka's values, my post is a realistic view of what very likely actually went through her mind as she prepared to go out and face the needle.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    I have no love for this woman, but those comments are simply uncalled for. We should, I'd think, be supportive of her getting the vaccine, and making it known.

Tell'ya what johnboy and John, if you can dismount your high horses for a moment, when a woman dresses as "the perfect sex object", they know exactly what they are doing with each and every component.

Nurse Torres...sounds suspiciously Mexican..... the anti vaxxers should be having a good look at that too. JayInOz

^^^^^^ injected mind control devices.
    So that he can run the planet.
    Obviously.
    R
    Sleep with one eye open.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
    Uh oh, ,another one. Please justify those comments

ABB5832C-F0A5-47B0-B025-C3608BAB18B7.jpg

Well the Darwin award for 2021 goes to the anti-vaxxers. From wiki:

The Darwin Awards are a tongue-in-cheek honor originating in Usenet newsgroup discussions around 1985. They recognize individuals who have supposedly contributed to human evolution by selecting themselves out of the gene pool from dying or becoming sterilized via their own actions.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    “No thanks! With a 99% survival rate, I shall pass. With Bill Gates involved I will not get one,” said a user Rice448.

I must have missed something. How is Bill Gates involved in vaccinating people? And why would that be an issue if he is?
    The legit answer is the Gates Foundation had a serious immunization/vaccination focus before COVID. And Bill Gates was prescient on the need to prepare for pandemics.

So of course nut jobs turn this into something.

Ivanka did the right thing to announce that she has taken the shot, and to recommend others to do the same. She might be able to reach someone who otherwise would have abstained.
    We all try to look attractive in photos that are published, except that some of us always fail. Some photos are never published.
    /Erik

While I detest trump and all that is trumpy - she is an attractive woman. It is possible* to separate the two issues, yanno.

AFA 'who is the trumpiest trumper' - well, we'll never know - that would be 'virtue signaling' as well, no? Sounds like one of them 'catch 22's'.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    While I detest trump and all that is trumpy - she is an attractive woman. It is possible* to separate the two issues, yanno.

AFA 'who is the trumpiest trumper' - well, we'll never know - that would be 'virtue signaling' as well, no? Sounds like one of them 'catch 22's'.
    Apparently not all can separate the two. This is not new. Other places I've asked if a person was a serial killer AND a scientist who developed a pill that cured cancer, would we be unable to recognize that person as both?
    Now he's gone. If only he'd be forgotten.

Interesting analogy. Likely, we would recognize that person for their scientific contribution - always with an adjective tainting that recognition, as a serial killer. So there's that.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by C. Ross View Post
    The legit answer is the Gates Foundation had a serious immunization/vaccination focus before COVID. And Bill Gates was prescient on the need to prepare for pandemics.

So of course nut jobs turn this into something.
    As a software developer I spent many years disliking Microsoft - OK, loving to hate MS is more accurate. However, the Gates have done wonderful things with their money, including (IIRC) immunizing more kids than the WHO. Anyone who can twist this work into something bad is simply evil. It really saddens me that so many people have, in their own minds, turned such good into something bad.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    Apparently not all can separate the two. This is not new. Other places I've asked if a person was a serial killer AND a scientist who developed a pill that cured cancer, would we be unable to recognize that person as both?
    Reminds me of a bad - but telling - joke:

A bartender serving a guy at the bar noticed that he was drinking a bit heavily and crying. He asks, "what's the matter, buddy?"

The guy at the bar answers, "You see that beautiful cathedral on the hill above town? I, Giuseppe, built that cathedral. Do the people of the town call me 'Giuseppe the beautiful cathedral builder? No!"

After a pause for another drink, he goes on: "You see that wonderful bridge over the river in the town? I, Giuseppe, built that bridge. Do the people of the town call me 'Giuseppe the wonderful bridge builder? No!"

He sobs pitifully, recovers, and says, "You see that graceful cruise ship in the harbour? I, Giuseppe, built that cruise ship. Do the people of the town call me 'Giuseppe the graceful ship builder? No!"

He takes out a hanky and loudly blows his nose, takes another drink, and sighs, "But let people find out that Giuseppe likes little boys...."
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    Thank you. Your answer makes sense.
    And a few of my neighbors make ZERO sense.

One fellow who lives down the street, smart guy, at least I thought he was asks me a couple weeks back if I was planning on getting vaccinated. I told him, why yes I was getting the vaccine and recently received my first dose.

He tells me I was being a fool, Bill Gates and his buddies at Microsoft were working with the vaccine manufacturers to place a nano-bot in every dose of vaccine in order to track the movements of all the people who got the vaccine.

I played along for a bit an inquired if the nano-bot would be in the 1st or 2nd shot and what was the ultimate goal of the tracking device. On the first bit he wasn't 100% sure, but he thought most likely it would be in the first shot and the purpose of the tracking technology was for marketing purposes, where we shopped, how often and where we ate, when did we sleep. It was all part of his plan to be richer than, he listed a bunch of names, Elon Musk, Jack Ma, Jeff Bezos.

At that point I disengaged and have given him a wide berth ever since. They walk amongst us, they drive cars, they're more than likely armed to the teeth and they vote. We are right and properly effed.
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

He takes out a hanky and loudly blows his nose, takes another drink, and sighs, "But let people find out that Giuseppe likes little boys...."
    I've heard that told as "But let people find out that Giuseppe likes goats", either way the analogy is apt.
    some things can't be unremembered

The former first daughter broke her three months of social media silence on Wednesday posting a photo of her taking the coronavirus vaccine injection, with the accompanying note: “Today, I got the shot!!! I hope that you do too! Thank you Nurse Torres!!!”
    Whatever one thinks of Ivanka Trump, in this case she did the right thing, and thanking the nurse by name was a nice touch. That the Magaoids are having fits is only to be expected, alas.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post

The mail man us actually her dad!

Quote Originally Posted by john welsford View Post
    While I'm not a fan, not at all, there is the point that when high profile people "get the shot", it helps some in their decision to do the same.

John Welsford
    Absolutely. And we need as many people as possible to get the shot, regardless of whether we agree with their politics or not.

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    The mail man us actually her dad!
    Yep.

She's too young for it to be the milk man!

Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    Reminds me of a bad - but telling - joke:

A bartender serving a guy at the bar noticed that he was drinking a bit heavily and crying. He asks, "what's the matter, buddy?"

The guy at the bar answers, "You see that beautiful cathedral on the hill above town? I, Giuseppe, built that cathedral. Do the people of the town call me 'Giuseppe the beautiful cathedral builder? No!"

After a pause for another drink, he goes on: "You see that wonderful bridge over the river in the town? I, Giuseppe, built that bridge. Do the people of the town call me 'Giuseppe the wonderful bridge builder? No!"

He sobs pitifully, recovers, and says, "You see that graceful cruise ship in the harbour? I, Giuseppe, built that cruise ship. Do the people of the town call me 'Giuseppe the graceful ship builder? No!"

I heard the tale with "Angus" the Scot as the underappreciated guy, with the punchline as "Aw, but ya f--- one goat..."

The joke having something to do with sheep...

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    As a software developer I spent many years disliking Microsoft - OK, loving to hate MS is more accurate. However, the Gates have done wonderful things with their money, including (IIRC) immunizing more kids than the WHO. Anyone who can twist this work into something bad is simply evil. It really saddens me that so many people have, in their own minds, turned such good into something bad.
    Yes, and to drift to something positive, the reinvention of Microsoft under Satya Nadella has been nothing short of astonishing. Balmer almost killed the golden goose.

She should have kept it secret as daddy did and then all would be well...don't let your faith-full down. What a scary country you live in now!