Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pushrods and all, itís talking to me.....

Default Pushrods and all, itís talking to me.....

30C1F141-589A-4E6B-87B8-F3071C9C131F.jpg

2021ís are all spoken for.
    About the only new car I find exciting and interesting, plus there is a dealer and service close to home.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Default Re: Pushrods and all, itís talking to me.....

To each his own, but to me that thing looks like a fancy tennis shoe that got hold of some bad acid.

IMO, Chevrolet could have stopped right here and lost nothing"

Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post

2021’s are all spoken for.
    About the only new car I find exciting and interesting, plus there is a dealer and service close to home.
    We have got a few of these on our roads here and they look even better in person.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    To each his own, but to me that thing looks like a fancy tennis shoe that got hold of some bad acid.

ACA8E6C8-9920-48AD-A80D-302C74201E4F.jpg
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

And Dodge coulda dropped the mike with this:
    3D3B7226-DADE-4F39-BCAA-8D82B21DE366.jpg
    The Algorithm Is Watching

Talkin', eh?

What's it saying... 'An 8-ball ain't THAT expensive. One little bump and I'm ready to shop for my new white patent leather shoes & belt.'???

Sorry, the new 'vette seems to be quite legit, and quite a bargain. But it'll take a long time of consistent excellence for me to get beyond all the years of mediocrity - attempted flash with no attempt at substance.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Got your curmudgeon hat on today?

My favorite Vette is 61-62, but the new ones are in a whole different world. I have to tip my (non-curmudgeon?) hat to Chevrolet for producing a car that competes well with cars costing 2 or 3 times as much.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    But it'll take a long time of consistent excellence for me to get beyond all the years of mediocrity - attempted flash with no attempt at substance.
    so ten class wins at lemans over the last twenty years doesn't do it for you? 14 rolex wins at daytona over the same twenty years doesn't do it for you?

what do you drive btw, 911? aston martin?
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    so ten class wins at lemans over the last twenty years doesn't do it for you? 14 rolex wins at daytona over the same twenty years doesn't do it for you?

what do you drive btw, 911? aston martin?
    I mean a LONG time.

And I've told you before I won't talk any more about what I drive. I'm sick of the rampant jealousy!!!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Gotta say, John & Jim nailed it.

well, the truck coulda been an extended cab.. 0-:

and the later 2.x liter Hilux was cool, tho a category onto itself!

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Got your curmudgeon hat on today?

My favorite Vette is 61-62, but the new ones are in a whole different world. I have to tip my (non-curmudgeon?) hat to Chevrolet for producing a car that competes well with cars costing 2 or 3 times as much.
    I need a 7 5/8 Long Oval with the tall crown, and this curmudgeon hat only goes to 7 3/8 Round.

They say the extra tightness enhances performance, but sometimes I lapse into spittle-flecked incoherence, and for that I do apologize!
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by Durnik View Post
    Gotta say, John & Jim nailed it.

well, the truck coulda been an extended cab.. 0-:

and the later 2.x liter Hilux was cool, tho a category onto itself!
    Troll Dog!

Rattling the teacups.

2021ís are all spoken for.

Thatís a lot of car for the money if youíre looking for that type of ride. I get the attraction.

Jeff C

And if they had the vette would have gone the way of the Dodo decades ago. Even the C7 sales had dwindled. Average owner was over 60. You don’t even maintain sales numbers with that demographic.
    Now Chevy can’t even come close to keeping up with demand and the buyers are much younger.

Though I certainly appreciate and admire a thoroughly restored or resto-modded vintage car, it’s still an old car. Drives old, feels old. There’s just no comparison to a modern rendition. Speed, handling, brakes, comfort.

It’s a bit like the wooden catboat I sold recently. Was a absolute pleasure to look at. Beautiful. Also a complete PITA to maintain and use. I finally realized the romance of it didn’t make up for the effort required. Only so many hours in a day. Gotta look at the ROI.

Troll Dog!

Hah!

I've owned two 80's.. and after some young fella just stopped me at the gas station & offered me too damn much for my Cruiser, I'm looking for another!

And if they had the vette would have gone the way of the Dodo decades ago. Even the C7 sales had dwindled. Average owner was over 60. You don’t even maintain sales numbers with that demographic.
    Now Chevy can’t even come close to keeping up with demand and the buyers are much younger.

Though I certainly appreciate and admire a thoroughly restored or resto-modded vintage car, it’s still an old car. Drives old, feels old. There’s just no comparison to a modern rendition. Speed, handling, brakes, comfort.

It’s a bit like the wooden catboat I sold recently. Was a absolute pleasure to look at. Beautiful. Also a complete PITA to maintain and use. I finally realized the romance of it didn’t make up for the effort required. Only so many hours in a day. Gotta look at the ROI.
    Thank you.

I intended no disrespect toward you or your taste in cars, and I am very happy that you did not misconstrue my meaning.

Here's hoping you get one next year!
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by Durnik View Post
    Hah!

I've owned two 80's.. and after some young fella just stopped me at the gas station & offered me too damn much for my Cruiser, I'm looking for another!
    Rattling the teacups.

Hah!

another hilux 4 banger. (-:

Thank you.

I intended no disrespect toward you or your taste in cars, and I am very happy that you did not misconstrue my meaning.

Here's hoping you get one next year!
    None taken, no worries.
    If a certain investment pans out I’ll be heading over to the Chevy dealer. I imagine it would be 2022 before I had it in my garage.

No apologies for being Yurpean, but no one's said what it is...
    We're smart and educated and superior and tall and handome and fit, and we almost don't have guns and can fornicate and drink and vote when we're sixteen, well, some of us, but we ain't telepathic.
    Bilious, choleric, sanguine and phlegmatic

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
    No apologies for being Yurpean, but no one's said what it is...
    We're smart and educated and superior and tall and handome and fit, and we almost don't have guns and can fornicate and drink and vote when we're sixteen, well, some of us, but we ain't telepathic.
    Corvette. There have been hints...

Thanks. post nļ2 hinted but gave no link, and until PPs picture, there was no allusion to Corvette and still wasn't ,except that that model is as iconic as a Beetle or citroen DS or an E type.
    But not many in Europe ever, and honestly the, as I now know, new Corvette is utterlly indistuingishable from any high end supersports style. could be anything from the italian houses, or even, Lotus, McLaren, some German firms, but not quite their style...
    That sixties Corvette was stylistically innovative even a bit shockingnouveauscary. This one I love it but nobody's ever going to say 'wow thats neat, must be the new Corvette'
    But then there's only eight notes in an octave there can only be so many combintions and they 've all been done.
    Bilious, choleric, sanguine and phlegmatic

I never really understood the attraction of the sixties Corvettes,but I could say the same for MG's.The C8 is a brilliant achievement and stands comparison with any mid engined car ever and not many have ever been sold at that sort of price/performance level.Why they even have a version without pushrods................

Reynard talks=does.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
    Thanks. post nļ2 hinted but gave no link, and until PPs picture, there was no allusion to Corvette and still wasn't ,except that that model is as iconic as a Beetle or citroen DS or an E type.
    But not many in Europe ever, and honestly the, as I now know, new Corvette is utterlly indistuingishable from any high end supersports style. could be anything from the italian houses, or even, Lotus, McLaren, some German firms, but not quite their style...
    That sixties Corvette was stylistically innovative even a bit shockingnouveauscary. This one I love it but nobody's ever going to say 'wow thats neat, must be the new Corvette'
    But then there's only eight notes in an octave there can only be so many combintions and they 've all been done.
    But at 1/3 to 1/2 the price. I do agree that visually it's similar to the high end stuff (high end = 150KUS+). What's really new is that it is competitive with them feature-wise. Previous Corvettes ranged from interesting to blah - particularly handling - but this one, from all the press, is different.

Quote Originally Posted by John Meachen View Post
    I never really understood the attraction of the sixties Corvettes,but I could say the same for MG's.The C8 is a brilliant achievement and stands comparison with any mid engined car ever and not many have ever been sold at that sort of price/performance level.Why they even have a version without pushrods................
    Yeah sure, all true. Buzz me when they offer a diesel and towing package... <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Yeah sure, all true. Buzz me when they offer a diesel and towing package... <G>
    https://jalopnik.com/a-teenage-kansa...orv-1837675324

Rattling the teacups.

And I've told you before I won't talk any more about what I drive. I'm sick of the rampant jealousy!!!
    I really do miss my 1st gen Tundra.
    \"A little too tall, coulda used a few pounds...\"

If a certain investment pans out I’ll be heading over to the Chevy dealer. I imagine it would be 2022 before I had it in my garage.
    I'm looking forward to a review when you get it!
    There is nothing quite as permanent as a good temporary repair.

A lot of new cars, here exemplified by the 2021 Corvette, have over-tortured styling in an effort to out-cool the next guy. Auto makers have evidently lost the fluid ethos of yesteryear, alas.

New better than a Studebaker Hawk? No.
    Avanti? No.
    61 Lincoln Continental? No.
    Jag XK-E Series 1> No.
    Ferrari 275GTB? No.

Etc etc etc.

Hell, even my 2008 Audi A6 Avant? No.

Subtlety always wins for me.
    Gerard>
    Langley, WA

Don't believe Republican lies.

Quote Originally Posted by John Meachen View Post
    It’s strongly rumored the Z06 variant will have a 5.5 liter flat plane crank that will rev to @ 9000 rpm. More HP, less tongue. Tuned to be a track weapon.
    For me I’d rather have the mid range ooopmh. Torque is more fun on the street. Also the Z06 will undoubtedly command a higher price, and compromise everyday livability.
    495 HP and 2.8 seconds to 60 should suffice.

Now THAT is funny. Still no receiver, though, and GM hasn't started offering it <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by Gerarddm View Post
    A lot of new cars, here exemplified by the 2021 Corvette, have over-tortured styling in an effort to out-cool the next guy. Auto makers have evidently lost the fluid ethos of yesteryear, alas.

Avanti? No.
    Jag XK-E Series 1> No.
    Ferrari 275GTB? No.

Etc etc etc.

Boy Howdy.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by Gerarddm View Post

Avanti? No.
    Jag XK-E Series 1> No.
    Ferrari 275GTB? No.

Etc etc etc.

The RS6 Avant is one sexy wagon, and an absolute weapon.

Now THAT is funny. Still no receiver, though, and GM hasn't started offering it <G>
    I googled it up, and there's about a dozen different cars to choose from.
    Rattling the teacups.