Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eight dead in mass shooting at indianapolis fedex airport facility

Default eight dead in mass shooting at indianapolis fedex airport facility

no word on gun type yet, but my guess it was a lever action old west style winchester
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Default Re: eight dead in mass shooting at indianapolis fedex airport facility

Why don't we have a special thread category for Mass Shootings? We could just throw posts concerning gun legislation in there, too. Title them Guns & Gore.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    no word on gun type yet, but my guess it was a lever action old west style winchester
    One witness said it was a machine gun.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Reports indicate the event happened very quickly. At least 10 shots fired. This is a huge facility located on the eastern side of KIND airport.
    I’d be surprised if there wasn’t some sort of security gate to access the employee parking lot.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Shooter killed himself. That makes nine dead. No reason so far.
    "Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?" - Groucho Marx

2nd amendment at work.
    Now he's gone. If only he'd be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    Shooter killed himself. That makes nine dead. No reason so far.
    Reason?

Maybe the only reason was is that it's Friday, and now 8 and perhaps the shooter's families are all going forth for the rest of their lives with this devastation forever in their consciousness.
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

Thoughts and #$%^&* prayers.

Again.

Goin' postal, eh?

damn, privatizin' _everything_!

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

No good guy with a gun on site?

Our gun fetishism is a cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Durnik View Post
    Goin' postal, eh?

damn, privatizin' _everything_!
    Variations On A Theme
    Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob.

-- James Madison, Federalist 55

Quote Originally Posted by C. Ross View Post
    No good guy with a gun on site?

Our gun fetishism is a cancer.
    I heard it reported by CNN earlier that one employee went to his car to retrieve a pistol, engaged the shooter and wound up dead for his troubles. They were not confirming that as anything other than rumor at the time.

I've also heard that the whole thing was over in under 2 minutes so I'm skeptical regarding the gun retrieval and engagement.

And yes it is a cancer and I'm afraid it has no cure, just like a lot of real cancers.
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Why do you guys bother with these threads? A day without shootings would be news.

Biden should just keep the flag at half mast. Refresh the nip every now and then.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Read recently that John Wayne used that Rifleman Winchester in a film.

We want to make sure we continue to lead the world in people shot.

I used to think they'd be a 'last straw', but I don't think that anymore.
    Now he's gone. If only he'd be forgotten.

A humorous but devastating take on the “good guy with a gun” bullspit.

Its hard to comprehend that grown up adult people actually believe this ammosexual fairy tale.

https://youtu.be/PDkEFX52r9M

Last edited by C. Ross; 04-16-2021 at 09:00 PM.

19 year old shooter. Had previous run ins with police. Why did he have access to a weapon? Oh, that’s right

​FREEDOM AND LIBERTY
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Its hard to comprehend that grown up adult people actually believe this ammosexual fairy tale.

Don’t you watch Law and Order? Or cowboy movies?

That is where this dip**** notion comes from. Gunslinger films and teevee.

Former employee, some think he wanted death by cop.

"Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post

I grew up in a home with lots of guns which were handled with care and used well. I’ve shot just about everything except black gun crap.

As a kid I played army, cowboys, cops, Star Trek ... lots of imaginary bang bang.

Then I grew up.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    Former employee, some think he wanted death by cop.

While everyone is too young to die by gunshot, he's just a kid. Barely looks old enough to get a job, let along work at FedEx and be so upset as to bring a gun to work and start shooting people.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

He should have fun in jail………………...

heart breaking!

Only to be repeated next week.
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Heartbreaking yes, but to enough legislators acceptable. Price' a freedom donchaknow………….

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post

Or as the fifth column dude pointed out, at 19 this kid has never seen the country not at war. Violence, he is tought, solves problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post
    While everyone is too young to die by gunshot, he's just a kid. Barely looks old enough to get a job, let along work at FedEx and be so upset as to bring a gun to work and start shooting people.
    It is hard to imagine where all the anger comes from, or how a gun becomes the solution.

I can only think he has been poisoned by a short lifetime of pain, rejection, criticism, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Decourcy View Post
    at 19 this kid has never seen the country not at war.
    meh
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

I grew up in a home with lots of guns which were handled with care and used well. I’ve shot just about everything except black gun crap.

As a kid I played army, cowboys, cops, Star Trek ... lots of imaginary bang bang.

Then I grew up.
    ' Then I grew up ' , some may never . . . .

Guns were very much a part of my child and young adulthood. We hunted and target shot. My father was quite a marksman.

My last hunt, was a week in Nebraska for snow geese with my brother and dad. That was about 11 yeats ago, it was a good time.

Now, I am ready to give up the gun! i own at least a dozen.
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    He should have fun in jail………………...

hard to have fun in Jail when you are dead.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

meh
    I meh your meh

Quote Originally Posted by Decourcy View Post
    I meh your meh
    A nineteen year old kid might be aware we have had troops in the Middle East and elsewhere during his life.

But he is certain to have seen thousands of glorified gun deaths in computer games, TV and movies. He is aware of the notoriety and sick fame that shooters receive. He is likely to live in a house where there are guns. In some places he’s likely to be surrounded by family or neighbors for whom gun ownership is a very big deal.

Which do you really think influences someone like this sick kid who just killed eight people? It isn’t because here’s a few thousand American marines in hot sites around the world. It’s the gun-centered world he surely lives in.

Problem is that he's such a jerk about it. Yes he's trying to make a point, but he's doing it in a really annoying & self-defeating way.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green