Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My email to my US Congressman Gym Jordan.

Default My email to my US Congressman Gym Jordan.

I requested a reply.

Dear Mr. Jordan,

So corporations are not only people... they are now "woke" people.

Or do you now agree with me that the U.S. Supreme Court decision in Citizens United v Federal Election Commission was incorrect? No... I suspect you continue to think that was a correct decision and that money equals constitutionally protected speech. Of course, that means corporations have the constitional right to both distribute money to politicians and to withold money and business as they see fit.

The 21st century GQP has been hoisted on its own petard.

Sincerely,
    Thomas A. Montgomery
    “Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.” ― Kurt Vonnegut

Cool Re: My email to my US Congressman Gym Jordan.

Oh boy, you've done it now.
    Popped his bubble.
    Can't wait to see the reply.
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Default Re: My email to my US Congressman Gym Jordan.

Sorry, but you wasted your time on him.
    "Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?" - Groucho Marx

Here’s a clip of JJ on stage questioning Dr Fauci. Reading the comments it looks like Jordan has lots of supporters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh7_bKweDVk

See, you’re trying to use logic and reason on people who have no use for logic and reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    See, you’re trying to use logic and reason on people who have no use for logic and reason.
    "Bwah.... bwah.... I want my mask off!"
    "Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?" - Groucho Marx

But, but -- are you sure he can READ ?????

Consider the advise to not try to teach a pig to sing: it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig.
    "...moved as he was solely by the desire for truth, and by the suspicion...that the truth was not what was appearing to him at that moment."

Q stands for Quisling
    The Algorithm Is Watching

The email I sent to my congressman this morning:

Dear Mr. Jordan,

That was quite a performance during The House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus hearing! Loud grandstanding... but misdirected. Dr. Fauci merely makes recommendations on how to repond to our public health emergency.

Your constituent's liberties and freedoms are being curtailed by the State Of Ohio. You need to pick up your phone and direct your rant at governor Mike DeWine (R). Tell him to follow the deplorable examples of Florida governor Ron DeSantis (GQP) and Texas governor Greg Abbott (GQP).

And during House hearings you need to start behaving like an adult.

Sincerely yours,
    Thomas A. Montgomery

Jordan does channel the outraged man quite well. “our liberty!”.

That was a despicable display for anyone let alone a congressperson.

While he may not be smart enough to read, I bet he has staff that is almost smart enough to. What a whiny, entitled, selfish prick.

"When do we get our freedoms back?" He wouldn't understand real freedom if it bit him on the posterior.
    Last edited by Garret; 04-16-2021 at 07:22 AM.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    While he may not be smart enough to read, I bet he has staff that is almost smart enough to. What a whiny, entitled, selfish prick.

"When do we get our freedoms back?" He wouldn't understand real freedom if it bit him on the posterior.
    I looked through the comments on a couple youtube clips. A lot of people like his whining.

I looked through the comments on a couple youtube clips. A lot of people like his whining.

I just have to add a thought. Can you imagine these selfish jerks in the UK during WW2? What do you mean I can't buy as much gas as I want? I need to drive to a vacation, who cares i the fighter planes have enough fuel to protect the country? If I want to drive with my high beams on, during an air raid I will damnit! If I want security lights all over my place I'll put 'em up & you better give me the electricity to do it! No, you can't have any rubber or metal or whatever for the war effort, I need it for myself & could care less about anyone else in the country.

Have I mentioned anything about selfish entitled jerks?

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    Sorry, but you wasted your time on him.
    That's for sure he's in Florida visiting with Mar a Lardo!

I just have to add a thought. Can you imagine these selfish jerks in the UK during WW2? What do you mean I can't buy as much gas as I want? I need to drive to a vacation, who cares i the fighter planes have enough fuel to protect the country? If I want to drive with my high beams on, during an air raid I will damnit! If I want security lights all over my place I'll put 'em up & you better give me the electricity to do it! No, you can't have any rubber or metal or whatever for the war effort, I need it for myself & could care less about anyone else in the country.

Have I mentioned anything about selfish entitled jerks?
    If WWII were to happen today in the current political climate and assuming that there was the same level of required shared sacrifice, we would be unable to respond as we did in the 1940's.

JJ is completely unhinged and what he is advocating is utter looney toons. The rest of us should continue to do the things necessary to bring the pandemic under control and JJ can lead his moron horde off a cliff and die for all I care.

No vaccine, no mask, get the virus, sorry admittance to the hospital is denied. Why waste resources on people who don't believe in science or doing things for the collective good. Screw the bloody lot of em.
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

Jordan's insistence that Fauci give 'one number or a certain date' for when the pandemic is 'over' is absurd. It will be different everywhere worldwide.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of those rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs."

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    Here’s a clip of JJ on stage questioning Dr Fauci. Reading the comments it looks like Jordan has lots of supporters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh7_bKweDVk
    Usually I have to go find the news. This one came to me in a Facebook post. Mr Jordan is conflating freedom with public health measures.
    Will

They want Gym to run for Portmans Senate seat,he won't can't win NE Ohio. So he'll stay in his gerrymandered district and remain a representative.

Good thing we took the beaches at Normandy, so we have the liberty to accelerate the spread of disease.
    Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob.

-- James Madison, Federalist 55

Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell View Post
    Good thing we took the beaches at Normandy, so we have the liberty to accelerate the spread of disease.
    Weird what happens trying to play the victim when 500,000 have died.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    I requested a reply.

Dear Mr. Jordan,

So corporations are not only people... they are now "woke" people.

Or do you now agree with me that the U.S. Supreme Court decision in Citizens United v Federal Election Commission was incorrect? No... I suspect you continue to think that was a correct decision and that money equals constitutionally protected speech. Of course, that means corporations have the constitional right to both distribute money to politicians and to withold money and business as they see fit.

The 21st century GQP has been hoisted on its own petard.

Sincerely,
    Thomas A. Montgomery
    I wish you'd have asked him if he approves of the My Pillow guy's activities.
    Now he's gone. If only he'd be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
    If WWII were to happen today in the current political climate and assuming that there was the same level of required shared sacrifice, we would be unable to respond as we did in the 1940's.

JJ is completely unhinged and what he is advocating is utter looney toons. The rest of us should continue to do the things necessary to bring the pandemic under control and JJ can lead his moron horde off a cliff and die for all I care.

No vaccine, no mask, get the virus, sorry admittance to the hospital is denied. Why waste resources on people who don't believe in science or doing things for the collective good. Screw the bloody lot of em.
    At the risk of being overly redundant, this is the result of accepting political lies as free speech.

Quote Originally Posted by willmarsh3 View Post
    Usually I have to go find the news. This one came to me in a Facebook post. Mr Jordan is conflating freedom with public health measures.
    Mr. Jordan is among the reasons it's increasingly difficult to be proud of my country.

What's scary is he and his kind are elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell View Post
    This is where they lose me. We came to accept 2nd hand smoke was a health hazard and accepted smoking being prohibited inside public places because of the health risk.

I do see it as likely that the vast majority of future Covid deaths will be people who decline the vaccine, and/or refuse to wear masks.

It would appear that he really is that stupid. Clearly the lovechild of Foghorn Leghorn and Daffy Duck.
    "...moved as he was solely by the desire for truth, and by the suspicion...that the truth was not what was appearing to him at that moment."

Quote Originally Posted by webishop14 View Post
    It would appear that he really is that stupid. Clearly the lovechild of Foghorn Leghorn and Daffy Duck.
    in the most recent election he received 167,993 votes compared to his rival who only scored 89,412 votes

stupid is as stupid does
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless
    in the most recent election he received 167,993 votes compared to his rival who only scored 89,412 votes

stupid is as stupid does
    Jim Jordan's gerrymandered congressional district was designed to virtually guarantee the election of a political troglodyte. Its outlines strongly resemble a duck.

How Did Ohio's Most Liberal City End Up With Its Most Conservative Congressman?

He's a cat that would make just about anyone's Top 10 list of most loathsome creatures in any field. Smarmy, overbearing, absurd, combative, argumentative, ill-informed are all words that come to mind when thinking of JJ.

Maybe his dog likes him, but I wouldn't make book on that without a bit more research.
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
    Smarmy, overbearing, absurd, combative, argumentative, ill-informed are all words that come to mind when thinking of JJ.
    douchebag
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Oh that's a good one too, I just had to stop typing as the mere thought of the man and his antics in hearings and on committees makes me want to puke. The misguided self righteousness I think is what really makes my blood boil.

Thrilled he's not my congressman, feel sorry for the people of Ohio. He maybe one of the reasons why 25 astronauts come from Ohio. I'd guess with a guy like that leaving the planet wouldn't be far enough away from such an odious critter.
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett