Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: “Impressive Police Force you have there...”

Default “Impressive Police Force you have there...”

IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Default Re: “Impressive Police Force you have there...”

The Algorithm Is Watching

1. Did the soldier survive?
    2. Seems standard practice where the crime is being black.

they called that a felony traffic stop

what was he pulled over for?
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post

They don’t have to tell you. You just better do whatever they scream at you.

You heard of Dylan Noble? Cops do this **** all the time...

Story about the traffic stop from The Washington Post: "A Black Army officer held at gunpoint during traffic stop was afraid to get out of his car. ‘You should be,’ police said."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...-army-nazario/

Seems the police stopped him because his new car did not have permanent plates, only temporary plates.
    Last edited by Wayne Jeffers; 04-10-2021 at 09:01 PM.

Probably something threatening to the well being of all like passing a counterfeit $20 bill.
    "Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?" - Groucho Marx

…..or being black……….

"The two cops later offered not to file any charges if Nazario agreed to “chill and let this go,” according to the lawsuit. If he didn’t agree, the complaint alleges, police would charge him with assault on a law enforcement officer, eluding an officer, obstruction of justice with force and improper display of license plate."

Those two need a visit from the officers unit, with extreme sanction, before being sacke4d and jailed.

They “didn’t see” the temp tag that was taped on the inside of the rear glass.

Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default “Impressive Police Force you have there...”

Whatwuzzat all about?

I like the "you're under arrest ... err ... being detained for 'obstruction of justice'."

Can't even see where that would be coming from. I could maybe see 'failure to obey a lawful order from a police officer', but prolly not even that.

This sort of crap does make me embarrassed to be an American.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

No license plate. However, the cops failed to notice a temp paper registration stuck on the rear window. Wouldn't it be poetic justice if a couple of MP's interrupted the cops at the donut shop and roughed them up a bit with their night sticks, threw their guns and badges in the grease dumpster, handcuffed them to toilets in the women's room, and left after informing the two cops that this was just a warm up for the next time they disrespected a US Army Officer.

Note to Andrew CB; "MP" over here means Military Police, not Member Of Parliament. MP's operate under a somewhat different set of standing orders, as does the USN Shore Patrol..

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Scheuer View Post
    Note to Andrew CB; "MP" over here means Military Police, not Member Of Parliament. MP's operate under a somewhat different set of standing orders, as does the USN Shore Patrol..

Yes. First year after I had moved to Seattle (from Ann Arbor, Michigan), I was down town one afternoon in late July.

And I'm wondering why there's Shore Patrol on every street corner, along with sailors and marines everywhere.

Worked it that that was the kickoff of Fleet Week, ginormous aircraft carrier and many other ships in port. And [almost] everybody gets liberty... save Shore Patrol and the marines standing guard at the ships.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

1991...........I was in The Philippines with my wife visiting family. Doing some shopping downtown Subic Bay area and walked around a corner and ran into the HUGEST Black Shore Patrol man I have seen ever. I'm 5' 7" and my head was about chest height on him.
    He had 2 others with him almost as big. Anyway, he wanted to know.....
    "What ship you off....boy"?
    It took a good 10 minutes of VERY polite talking on our part to convince them that we were NZer's and I was not in the US Navy.
    I was real glad we had our Passports with us that day, always carried for ID.
    It turned out that there had been a general recall in place and they were just doing the rounds of Bars, Shops etc downtown.
    I once thought I was wrong, but I was wrong, I wasn't wrong.

Windsor Virginia PD. 6 officers including the Chief. I assume that leaves 4 officers for patrolling. Half of them were at that gas station.
    WPD Full Time Staff
    R.D. Riddle –Chief of Police
    Lieutenant G.P. Jernigan- Operations
    Detective R.B. Swan – Investigations/Patrol
    Master Police Officer W.D. Owens Jr. - Patrol
    Police Officer I.E. McNett Jr. – Patrol
    Police Officer C.J. Griffin – Patrol
    WPD Auxiliary Staff
    Officer J.D. Turner
    Officer K.E. Givens
    The Algorithm Is Watching

Not too many for a detatchment of MP's to teach a lesson to.

Does the term "felony traffic stop" refer to actions occurring before the stop, or after?

Seems a felony traffic stop means the cop thinks there's been a serious crime committed. Of course the crime was that the idjut cop didn't see the temporary registration.

The lead cop should be fired & never get another cop job again, the junior cop should at least get a reprimand & the town ought to be offering serious compensation the the driver.

OK - I'll leave my fantasy world & figure it's just driving while black & that nothing will happen. Really makes me angry - but not at all surprised.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

GET OUT OF THE CAR, NOW!

I refuse. You aren't putting your knee on my neck.
    Scientific knowledge is a social construction on a par with myth, superstition, religion, and political orientation, which are therefore entitled to the same respect, prestige and funding as science.

The problem occurs when you DON’T obey whatever “orders” they give; and the orders are often contradictory because there is no protocol. And, stupid, unthinking robot citizens machine cops as infallible authority, and anyone at odds with them to be deserving.

Stupid cops shows.

And, they make this **** up as they go. The stops proceed according to feeling and whim.

And if you mistakenly get confused by the proceedings, they get mad. Anger issues should be grounds for immediate dismissal.

These people CHOSE to be cops. It is a privilege that should be revoked from animals.

Excessive use of force is unlawful.

An order backed by excessive use of force is unlawful. It's a threat of unlawful force.

There is no duty to obey an unlawful order.
    Scientific knowledge is a social construction on a par with myth, superstition, religion, and political orientation, which are therefore entitled to the same respect, prestige and funding as science.

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

Everything about that is wrong.

This has to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell View Post
    Excessive use of force is unlawful.

An order backed by excessive use of force is unlawful. It's a threat of unlawful force.

There is no duty to obey an unlawful order.

This is what is on trial.

Arguing with a cop about lawful orders will get you beaten or shot.

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    The problem occurs when you DON’T obey whatever “orders” they give; and the orders are often contradictory because there is no protocol. And, stupid, unthinking robot citizens machine cops as infallible authority, and anyone at odds with them to be deserving.
    150 years of law vs. bull S training.

Stupid cops shows.
    The media routinely makes grotesque misrepresentations of law in general and police work in particular. See, e.g.,. that bull S Robert Downey remake of "Perry Mason". In the context of fiction, the excuse is artistic license. Socially, it's gravely irresponsible. The misunderstandings are not inadvertent, they are deliberate, and they make their way from fiction into news into the public's understanding, or shall we say, their misunderstanding. Their erroroneous conception of reality. All so some entertainment slimeball and his bastard cousin in the press can make a buck.

It's long past time to start calling it like out. Why is blackface not excused by artistic license?

Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell View Post
    150 years of law vs. bull S training.

The media routinely makes grotesque misrepresentations of law in general and police work in particular. See, e.g.,. that bull S Robert Downey remake of "Perry Mason". In the context of fiction, the excuse is artistic license. Socially, it's gravely irresponsible. The misunderstandings are not inadvertent, they are deliberate, and they make their way from fiction into news into the public's understanding, or shall we say, their misunderstanding. Their erroroneous conception of reality. All so some entertainment slimeball and his bastard cousin in the press can make a buck.

It's long past time to start calling it like out. Why is blackface not excused by artistic license?

Brother, you are NOT going to inform me about this effed up system; I promise.

I know how the game is played.

Brother, you are NOT going to inform me about this effed up system; I promise.

I know how the game is played.
    Do we disagree on something?

I have no idea what we may agree or disagree on.

I know that when a cop says jump, my ass will jump.

I smile and wave, and I will eat a ton of ****, because I don’t want to be beaten again, or shot.

Our entire society is upside down and screwed up, and I’ve spent my entire life at the bottom. I know my place. Why should cops behave better than average citizens?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Carey View Post
    Whatwuzzat all about?

I like the "you're under arrest ... err ... being detained for 'obstruction of justice'."

Can't even see where that would be coming from. I could maybe see 'failure to obey a lawful order from a police officer', but prolly not even that.

This sort of crap does make me embarrassed to be an American.
    Having watched it several times, I think he was given conflicting orders; if he obeyed one, he'd have disobeyed another, and they had no good reason to pull him over in the first place.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

"Lieutenant Nazario, 27, a graduate of Virginia State University, filed a lawsuit this month in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. It accuses the officers of illegally searching his car, using excessive force and violating his rights under the First Amendment. The lawsuit seeks $1 million in compensatory damages.
    "Lieutenant Nazario also accused the officers of threatening to destroy his military career by charging him with multiple crimes if he complained about their conduct, according to the complaint,"
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/10/u...gtype=Homepage

Stupid cops shows.

And, they make this **** up as they go. The stops proceed according to feeling and whim.

And if you mistakenly get confused by the proceedings, they get mad. Anger issues should be grounds for immediate dismissal.

These people CHOSE to be cops. It is a privilege that should be revoked from animals.
    Can't keep both hands out the window and unfasten seat belt.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    There is a point early on where one the cops says something along the lines of "Keep your hands where I can see them and step out of the car". Really poor training and an utter lack of understanding how physics works.
    Steve

If you would have a good boat, be a good guy when you build her - honest, careful, patient, strong.
    H.A. Calahan

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    Crackers.

I know that when a cop says jump, my ass will jump.

I smile and wave, and I will eat a ton of ****, because I don’t want to be beaten again, or shot.
    A few years ago I was driving through the edge of town, headed for home, at about 10:30 at night. I got pulled over. It turns out I had a headlight out, but I didn't notice.

The cop came to the window and barked "Put your hands on the wheel!"

I did as commanded.

"Show me your license and registration!"

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"You told me to put my hands on the wheel..."

And that is how it progressed. Yes, I was a smart ass and yes I probably pissed him off. Good. I only did as he asked after I thoroughly checked that he understood everything I needed to do to comply. He was an @ss and I treated him as such. What was he going to do? Was he going to arrest me for doing exactly as he ordered?
    "Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    Yes, I was a smart ass . . .
    No you weren't, not for that.