Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Gaetz being investigated bt FBI for possible 17 year old girlfriend

Default Matt Gaetz being investigated bt FBI for possible 17 year old girlfriend

Ny times.

And traveling with her across state lines. Oh, and there's been a new document entered under seal in the sex trafficking case of Greenberg, a Florida tax collector who allegedly made false id for his young women, and who tweeted out a picture of himself, Gaetz, and Roger Stone recently.

Oh, in unrelated news, Gaetz is reputedly considering not running for congress next time - maybe even leaving early to take a job with Newsmax. But became aware of this the same day as the above.

Jesus. Just when you thought a guy could not be any more slimy.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Default Re: Matt Gaetz being investigated bt FBI for possible 17 year old girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Jesus. Just when you thought a guy could not be any more slimy.
    or stupid
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Default Re: Matt Gaetz being investigated bt FBI for possible 17 year old girlfriend

Slimey? The repubs new stars say "hold my beer!"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    or stupid
    He does have competition.
    Rattling the teacups.

Gaetz was also the only representative in the House to vote no on a human trafficking bill in 2017. (Channeling Jon Lovitz): Ya doooooon't say!

Mike

Break him.

Third most punchable face on TV after Hannity and Carlson.
    Gerard>
    Langley, WA

Don't believe Republican lies.

His friend Gym Jordan didn’t see a thing

Why is it all the underage sex with these GQP people?
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Default Matt Gaetz being investigated bt FBI for possible 17 year old girlfriend

Gaetz is a lawyer, right? And apparently unfamiliar with the Mann Act?

"Whoever knowingly transports any individual in interstate or foreign commerce, or in any Territory or Possession of the United States, with intent that such individual engage in prostitution, or in any sexual activity for which any person can be charged with a criminal offense, or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both."

In 2012, Jack Schaap, pastor of a mega-church in Hammond Indiana and chancellor of a 3rd-rather college, pled guilty to, and was convicted of, transporting a minor across state lines to have sex with her. Sentenced to 12 years at Club Fed - must been some aggravating circumstances, eh?

[That mega-church, or, at least the family that ran it, was a hotbed for sex with minors: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firs...Controversies]
    Last edited by Nicholas Carey; 03-30-2021 at 10:55 PM.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

What about Gaetz’s fiancé, Ginger, and his “son” Nestor.
    The Algorithm Is Watching

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Carey View Post
    Gaetz is a lawyer, right? And apparently unfamiliar with the Mann Act?

"Whoever knowingly transports any individual in interstate or foreign commerce, or in any Territory or Possession of the United States, with intent that such individual engage in prostitution, or in any sexual activity for which any person can be charged with a criminal offense, or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both."

In 2012, Jack Schaap, pastor of a mega-church in Hammond Indiana and chancellor of a 3rd-rather college, pled guilty to, and was convicted of, transporting a minor across state lines to have sex with her. Sentenced to 12 years at Club Fed - must been some aggravating circumstances, eh?

[That mega-church, or, at least the family that ran it, was a hotbed for sex with minors: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firs...Controversies]
    (bold) How does that mesh with age of consent laws? Hmm... just looked, minimum 18 in FL, with a "close-age" exemption, which won't fly with him if the charges are proven. I'm still curious if, hypothetically, all states involved were legal for 17, if it would still be a federal crime?
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob (oh, THAT Bob) View Post
    (bold) How does that mesh with age of consent laws? Hmm... just looked, minimum 18 in FL, with a "close-age" exemption, which won't fly with him if the charges are proven. I'm still curious if, hypothetically, all states involved were legal for 17, if it would still be a federal crime?

Even if she/he was at or above the age of consent, "contributing to the delinquency of a minor" is still a thing.

Pity they amended the Mann Act - the original prohibition of interstate/foreign transportation of "any woman or girl for the purpose of prostitution or debauchery, or for any other immoral purposes" was so deliciously broad.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Carey View Post
    Even if she/he was at or above the age of consent, "contributing to the delinquency of a minor" is still a thing.

Pity they amended the Mann Act - the original prohibition of interstate/foreign transportation of "any woman or girl for the purpose of prostitution or debauchery, or for any other immoral purposes" was so deliciously broad.
    Transporting gulls across state lions for immortal porpoises?

I'm pretty sure that punchline isn't worth the setup, but maybe it's humorous all on its own.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    ^ Why on earth would he reveal that his father was wearing a wire?
    Curious isn't it?
    I'm thinking dear old dad and the gang are listening to his son

Slimy, corrupt, immoral, AND morons. The 21st century GQP is the rotting corpse of the early to mid-20th century GOP. Thank God my father, an Eisenhower Republican, never lived to see this. His inlaws were correct!
    I've seen attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

I'm mostly curious to see how many of his constituents in FloriBama are going to act surprised.
    What color are their hands now?

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Curious isn't it?
    I'm thinking dear old dad and the gang are listening to his son
    Obviously a family affair!

distract, distort, and dishonest. The GQP will lap it up like all of Trump's lies.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    I'm mostly curious to see how many of his constituents in FloriBama are going to act surprised.
    So which cousin of Gaetz was this anyway?
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Has Fox news turned over a new leaf? Gaetz: (05:10)
    Yeah. Again I only know what I’ve read in the New York Times. I can say that actually you and I went to dinner about two years ago, your wife was there and I brought a friend of mine. You’ll remember her. And she was actually threatened by the FBI, told that if she wouldn’t cop to the fact that somehow I was involved in some pay for play scheme, that she could face trouble. And so, I do believe that there are people at the Department of Justice who are trying to smear me. Providing for flights and hotel rooms for people that you’re dating who are of legal age is not a crime. And I’m just troubled that the lack of any sort of legitimate investigation into me would then permute would then convert into this extortion attempt.

Tucker Carlson: (05:58)
    I don’t remember the woman you’re speaking of or the context at all, honestly, but I would like to know who… So, they’re saying there is a 17 year old girl who you had a relationship with. Is that true? And who is this girl? What are they talking about the New York Times?

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Any pizza parlors involved?

It can all be traced back to the height of the pompadour. Lower front hair as in the photos below results in lower level crimes like DUI's and such. Second photo of more recent vintage displaying much higher front hair results in much higher crimes like sex trafficking. I mean, come on, you've got to be some kind of arrogant cat to sport that much hair piled up high in front, who the heck does he think he is, Elvis? What a dork.

"Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    Any pizza parlors involved?
    Wrong guy

Apparently, this investigation into Gaetz was set off by his association with this particular worthy:

https://www.newsweek.com/joel-greenb...on-doj-1580053

This Greenberg character is someone who would top believability in a fictional setting, his corruption truly knows no bounds. This picture tells you all you need to see -- birds of a feather.

birdsofafeather.jpg

Watch this take on Mr. Greenberg:

The look on Tucker Carlson’s face as he realized he was complicit in Gaetz’s crimes was priceless! I’m sure Justice Department lawyers will be wanting to talk with him soon.

Also interesting that this investigation was started under trump** and Barr’s DOJ.

Maybe Gaetz and this Greenberg character watch the Eddie Murphy movie "The Distinguished Gentleman" one too many times and simply thought it was some kind of training film or new employee orientation film for members of Congress and others in elected office.

Coincidence that Eddie's character in the movie is from Florida, I think not.

There may be a reason why Florida looks like "you know what" dressed to the the "right" side of the country. Because it's full of em.
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

Quote Originally Posted by StevenBauer View Post
    The look on Tucker Carlson’s face as he realized he was complicit in Gaetz’s crimes was priceless! I’m sure Justice Department lawyers will be wanting to talk with him soon.

Also interesting that this investigation was started under trump** and Barr’s DOJ.
    Thanks you answered my question, Fox news hasn't changed Trucker Carson's butt was twitching.

After watching this I need to go take a shower.

These people are disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by moTthediesel View Post
    Watch this take on Mr. Greenberg:

"If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

“someone is trying to recategorize my generosity to ex-girlfriends as something more untoward.”

Now why didn’t Trump say that?

because he has the vocabulary of a 2nd grader?

"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

And then there's this tidbit about Barr.

Who not only received briefings about this ongoing investigation into Gaetz, but who took steps to make sure that the two of them would never be in the same place. Wow.
    Barr and the Office of the Attorney General received multiple briefings on the Gaetz probe, beginning in the summer of 2020, a second person familiar with the probe said. They encouraged Florida prosecutors to move as quickly as they needed to and take whatever steps were appropriate. The briefings were consistent with Barr's memo requiring notification to department leadership on probes of candidates. The briefing was important because — among other reasons — Barr didn't want to accidentally appear anywhere with Gaetz, the person said. At one point, Barr was scheduled for a meet-and-greet with Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee. But DOJ canceled his appearance at the event when they saw that Gaetz, a member of that committee, had RSVP'd for it.