Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23413 ... LastLast

Thread: Military style guns

Default Re: Military style guns

Nah... too many broken items in the warehouse stock.
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by mmd View Post
    Nah... too many broken items in the warehouse stock.

Are you sure about that Michael, the winter invasion of South Florida by your countrymen is pretty extensive already.

As they say in Florida, How do you know when the seasons change? The color of the license plates change.
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    Of course. I know we will never get gun control legislation until there is a horrific tragedy that strikes many politicians such as Kevin describes. Maybe if we have something that dwarfs what happened in Boulder enough Americans will speak up. It's going to take blood to stop the bloodshed. I was just proposing what seems to me to be a very minimal step that recognizes we can slow the shooter and save lives.
    Agreed.

Unfortunately, it's probably going to cost the collapse of the Republic and a century of leftist authority to do it.

The piper must be paid, after all.
    Rattling the teacups.

I sometimes think that this country is destined to embrace self-destruction. I wonder if some societies are incapable of reversing course until they go so far that the world tears them down. Both Germany and Japan came back from WWII to be much better nations. They shed the values that led them to ruin. I wonder if that is not our destiny in some form?
    The US is destined to sacrifice internal security, health and resilience to maintain world wide military presence and the Congressional Military Industrial Complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
    Are you sure about that Michael, the winter invasion of South Florida by your countrymen is pretty extensive already.

As they say in Florida, How do you know when the seasons change? The color of the license plates change.
    Yep, I'm sure. Those snowbirds are just workin' on their tans; they have no desire to try to administer youse all.
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Unfortunately, it's probably going to cost the collapse of the Republic and a century of leftist authority to do it.

The piper must be paid, after all.
    Oh, the horror! A leftist government? You mean, we might get health insurance and a living wage? Surely we can't allow that.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    The US is destined to sacrifice internal security, health and resilience to maintain world wide military presence and the Congressional Military Industrial Complex.
    One of the great ironies is that the last real Republican president (Eisenhower) warned us against the growing power of the military industrial complex. We did not listen.
    "Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?" - Groucho Marx

Oh, the horror! A leftist government? You mean, we might get health insurance and a living wage? Surely we can't allow that.

One of the great ironies is that the last real Republican president (Eisenhower) warned us against the growing power of the military industrial complex. We did not listen.
    It’s easy to dismiss warnings when rewards are immediate and consequences are far off. Like that Zumwalt destroyer with no working gun. Or using military power for unachievable goals.

It’s easy to dismiss warnings when rewards are immediate and consequences are far off. Like that Zumwalt destroyer with no working gun. Or using military power for unachievable goals.
    True. I believe that every war in modern times can be traced back to poor international politics years before where we were especially short-sighted. Certainly, Vietnam can be explained in that way along with WWI and especially WWII. The Iraq and Afghan wars are the result of our own international politics. You can add to that the war on drugs, although there it was domestic politics that was our undoing.
    "Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?" - Groucho Marx

Wow.

So, the Constitution be damned, you'll take leftist authoritarianism if you get health insurance and a living wage.

Got it.
    Rattling the teacups.

Wow.

So, the Constitution be damned, you'll take leftist authoritarianism if you get health insurance and a living wage.

Got it.
    yr jumpin the gun

yr jumpin the gun
    I'm just not so optimistic as you may be.
    Rattling the teacups.

(News) story
    FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA – Responding to the latest mass shooting that has rocked the United States, the National Rifle Association today unveiled a new AR-15 assault rifle whose ammunition will be the thoughts and prayers of lawmakers who oppose gun control.

“This new ‘thoughts and prayers’ assault rifle is the perfect weapon for Americans to protect themselves from crazed individuals who are attacking them with assault rifles,” said NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre at a press conference today. “Fortunately, thoughts and prayers are something that American lawmakers have in ample supply, particularly following these increasingly regular mass shootings.”

The gas-powered Colt XM-15-TnP carbine is capable of firing 45 thoughts or prayers per minute. The manufacturer’s advertising explains that “these thoughts and prayers used to only be for destroying powerful speeches on gun control from widowers or the parents of children killed by gun violence. But now, the NRA has finally found a way to effectively weaponize them for civilian use.”
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    (News) story [/FONT][/SIZE]

It works as satire because it's plausible. Pre-trump it would have seemed far fetched, but now anything is possible....

Im a gun guy, but the NRA is a cancer. Didn't used to be, but it is.
    Last edited by Decourcy; 03-24-2021 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Doubled word score

Wow.

Got it.
    oz, quit the histrionics. You are coming off poorly and look silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
    Ding, ding, ding we have a winner at post #69.

Gun lust, so called freedom and the second ammendment, handed down by the lord almighty himself, is too entrenched in the American DNA to ever change. And that doesn't even taken into account the people that need a wedding tackle extender. Just not sure what form it will take in order to be realized.

Maybe the Canoodians can overthrow our government and fold our country into theirs.
    Exactly. Guns, gun culture and mass shootings are here to stay. Get used to it, or don’t. Doesn’t really matter. The American voters claim they want sensible gun laws, but they won’t elect politician to enact them. Maybe some time in the near future a Kevlar vest and tactical helmet will become the new mask. Fashionable for dining out or a quick trip to the supermarket.
    Come to think of it that sounds like a business idea! Cool colors and designs, maybe cartoon themed ones for the kiddies.

Oh and being overthrown by Kanukistan? Not likely. We have more guns!
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Of course. I know we will never get gun control legislation until there is a horrific tragedy that strikes many politicians such as Kevin describes. Maybe if we have something that dwarfs what happened in Boulder enough Americans will speak up. It's going to take blood to stop the bloodshed. I was just proposing what seems to me to be a very minimal step that recognizes we can slow the shooter and save lives.
    I would have thought just one school massacre of children would have been enough.
    be modest, and be proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post
    Exactly. Guns, gun culture and mass shootings are here to stay. Get used to it, or don’t. Doesn’t really matter. The American voters claim they want sensible gun laws, but they won’t elect politician to enact them. Maybe some time in the near future a Kevlar vest and tactical helmet will become the new mask. Fashionable for dining out or a quick trip to the supermarket.
    Come to think of it that sounds like a business idea! Cool colors and designs, maybe cartoon themed ones for the kiddies.

Oh and being overthrown by Kanukistan? Not likely. We have more guns!
    Well I was hoping for a velvet revolution. You know for the mass of US population that wouldn't fight back and are desirous of a national healthcare system.

Check your PM's sir.
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

Can someone please explain to me the NEED for any type of gun ? A tool specifically designed to put fatal holes in flesh as efficiently as possible.

I’ve managed to live 56 years without ever saying damn if I only had a gun. I mean I have lots of tools, even my trusty pocket knife is used multiple times a day from opening mail, cutting twine, slicing a lime for a margarita. Yet my wife is still afraid of my Ken Onion spring assist pocket knife.

I’ve lived and traveled to some sketchy places, never felt OH if I only had a gun. I was mugged on the Franklin St subway staton it happened so fast and unexpected that there was no way for me to Bernie Gett’s it.

I don’t like the tase of game meat at all. So if I feel like a steak, chicken or any protein I walk into the supermarket and there it is all wrapped and waiting for me. No freezer, no field dressing and butchering needed, always the perfect proportion.

Lastly the whole “I have to protect myself and my family” has been proven a myth. You are more likely to shoot someone you know or love, your kid finds it and blows away himself or his best friend, or you just drink to much and get sad and kill yourself. The Bronson ammosexual wet dream fantasy of shooting crazy cracky is just not statistically likely at all. As a matter of fact a Stanford University study over 40 years showed that the whole idea of a good guy with a gun is a myth. Get a dog and a good alarm and you will be safer.

So WHY DOES ANYONE NEED A GUN ?
    Last edited by Joe (SoCal); 03-24-2021 at 04:34 PM.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

oz, quit the histrionics. You are coming off poorly and look silly.
    Really?

I think that the problem here is that you don't want to hear what I'm saying.
    Rattling the teacups.

Really?

I think that the problem here is that you don't want to hear what I'm saying.
    So a government that introduces universal health care and a living wage is likely to be worse than the authoritarian right wing government you just had?

Joe, you personify “I don’t like it you can’t have it” mantra. You’re a metrosexual urbanite. Some of us aren’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Decourcy View Post
    Joe, you personify “I don’t like it you can’t have it” mantra. You’re a metrosexual urbanite. Some of us aren’t.
    What are you, a child?

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    What are you, a child?
    Well, according to Joe I’m an “ammosexual”.
    What I am is a rural resident that uses firearms regularly to feed my family and others.

Other than hunting, I slaughter up to a dozen or dozen and a half animals of size per year with my “penis extender”

No I personify the : I would like to go to the grocery store, movie theater, concert, etc and not get shot dead for no fooking reason mantra.

Well, according to Joe I’m an “ammosexual”.
    What I am is a rural resident that uses firearms regularly to feed my family and others.

Other than hunting, I slaughter up to a dozen or dozen and a half animals of size per year with my “penis extender”
    What kind of protein ? I'll let you know if we can be friends

Some of these “military” guns are pretty accurate, but thankfully there won’t be any lone nut mass shootings in a grocery store with one of these any time soon.

250yds off-hand with a flintlock. Nothing hurt but a metal target. My kind of shooting.

Jeff C

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    What kind of protein ? I'll let you know if we can be friends
    Lamb and pigs for the non game.

Lamb and pigs for the non game.
    I'm cool with pigs, although wild boar can get a little gamey. Never had a tase for lamb, hits my nose wrong and again too gamey for my taste. Let me know when you can shoot and butcher cows, then I'm down

I'm cool with pigs, although wild boar can get a little gamey. Never had a tase for lamb, hits my nose wrong and again too gamey for my taste. Let me know when you can shoot and butcher cows, then I'm down
    Likely some Dexter next year. You would like my lamb. Doesn’t taste like any you’ve had, especially when split and slow roasted in a rack over a charcoal bed

Likely some Dexter next year. You would like my lamb. Doesn’t taste like any you’ve had, especially when split and slow roasted in a rack over a charcoal bed
    I can't tell you how many times I've heard "You would like my lamb. Doesn’t taste like any you’ve had" Only to have them watch me spit it out into a napkin and question why I fall for it every time.

Can someone please explain to me the NEED for any type of gun ? A tool specifically designed to put fatal holes in flesh.

So WHY DOES ANYONE NEED A GUN ?
    Anyone doesn’t. A few do. Most just like them and many imbue them with totemic powers of protection and projection. Like cars with crazy acceleration. Also you can accessorize with them and like body piercings and tatoos they help identify your subculture.

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    why does anyone need a tesla?
    Quintessential WHATABOUTISM

what·a·bout·ism

/ˌ(h)wədəˈboudizəm/

nounBRITISH

• the technique or practice of responding to an accusation or difficult question by making a counteraccusation or raising a different issue.

I don't need a Tesla at all and if Tesla's were a tool not designed to simply transport humans from point A to point B, but were a tool specifically designed to kill as many humans as efficiently and fast as possible I would get a bus pass

Also :

Next silly question

I can't tell you how many times I've heard "You would like my lamb. Doesn’t taste like any you’ve had" Only to have them watch me spit it out into a napkin and question why I fall for it every time.
    Ah well, I guess you’ll never know then

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    I once had leg of lamb cooked using "Jesus' recipe." Not many people can say that.
    Hayzeus or the son of God and his cookbook?

Ah well, I guess you’ll never know then
    Funny I'm good with that and not having to pick lead shot out of my pheasant

I think I'm doing wild brook trout in a lemon, white wine, butter, tomatoes & capers tonight. I'll serve it with some jasmine rice and a nice bottle of Marlboro NZ sauvignon blanc. Just picked it all up at my neighborhood Sprouts. I did't have to fish, pick lemons, crush grapes, grow tomatoes, or develop my caper horticulture and my place isn't big enough for a rice paddy It took me 3 minutes to procure the ingredients and it cost a lot less than the $600 that a base AR-15 cost at my local sporting good store
    Last edited by Joe (SoCal); 03-24-2021 at 06:22 PM.