Thread: I just published, AN INTRODUCTION TO WOODEN BOAT BUILDING: ALWAYS MORE TO LEARN

Default I just published, AN INTRODUCTION TO WOODEN BOAT BUILDING: ALWAYS MORE TO LEARN

Amazon. Self publishing is a trip. Whew.

Default Re: I just published, AN INTRODUCTION TO WOODEN BOAT BUILDING: ALWAYS MORE TO LEARN

Excellent!

Default Re: I just published, AN INTRODUCTION TO WOODEN BOAT BUILDING: ALWAYS MORE TO LEARN

Congratulations Thad! Adding it to my reading list.
    - Chris

Life is short. Go boating now!

I will get one for sure Thad! I will bet it was a labor of love!
    Congrats,
    Jay

Way to go Thad!
    81EkeTLIiRL._AC_UY218_.jpg
    Let's see if we can get you on a best sellers list. Here is the link to purchase.
    Steve B
    Sjogin IIIa
    PAYTON 13' Pea Pod

RIVUS 16' Melonseed

"If a man must be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." E. B. White

well done

I just bought the paperback. Somehow Kindle's don't seem right for boat building books. (I'm supposed to be reducing my collection).

The paperback format is bigger than Kindle so the result is not much alike as elements get separated to fit the Kindle format. Sorry Gareth.

I just ordered the Kindle and paperback version and am looking forward to it.

Thanks for all your input on my Catspaw posts. Maybe I'll have less questions now!

Uwe

Thad, Two thumbs up for the book. The Spurling plans and details are much appreciated. Your knowledge from experience is appreciated.

Excellent, good for you
    Structures uninformed by geometry tend towards the ramshackle.

Just got my copy in the mail.

How's it look? and what do you think now (or when you've perused it a bit anyway)? Thanks for the note. I've seen that some have been sent but haven't seen a copy myself yet.

It looks great Thad. I was worried when you aid the Kindle version might be better. I've read most of it. You repeat yourself at least once, but most "how to" book co that.

Thank you, Gareth. I said the Kindle was not as good, not good the way it got rearranged to fit the smaller format. Sometimes I need to be reminded of things.
    Last edited by Thad; 08-29-2020 at 09:17 AM.

Nicely done, Thad.
    I’m ready to build the Spurling rowboat.
    Jim

Thanks, Jim. Good idea.

Ordered !

Now that I've seen your picture in this thread, I can link you to the Thad who's been helping the A2A boys. I'll have to have a look at this book. Maybe they'll plug it for you on their channel.
    If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
    -Henry David Thoreau-

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Now that I've seen your picture in this thread, I can link you to the Thad who's been helping the A2A boys. I'll have to have a look at this book. Maybe they'll plug it for you on their channel.
    And the Thad who helped arrange and move the Tally Ho project.
    In the early video he's shown riding in a truck with Leo.

"Famous among the pidgeons" -- Dylan Thomas

Congrats, Thad. It is on my bucket list to write a book someday.
    Clinton B. Chase
    Portland, Maine

http://tinyurl.com/myboats

I have reworked the kindle version to fit it's format better, I hope.

I enjoyed your last chapter especially: Lee van Gemert, plus Indian, Dark Harbor and Atlantic class reminiscences. Didn't know you'd lived in Africa!
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of those rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs."

Good. Thanks, Dave.