Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hilarity at CPAC

Default Re: Hilarity at CPAC

You may very well be right. Successfully storming the Capitol and murdering Nancy Pelosi wouldn't have overturned the election, merely taken the conflict up a level to an undeniable coup attempt. What would happen then, God knows, and it could get very nasty indeed, but I think it's unlikely that Trump (or any attempted coup by anyone) would have had enough military support to pull it off. And had it failed, he'd be in Very Deep Sh!t, with not a shred of plausible deniability left.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by johnw View Post
    So, hanging Mike Pence would not have prolonged Trump's term.
    No, not officially, but if the VPOTUS had been lynched that day, you can bet that Pelosi, AOC and etc. would have swung right beside him.

So, Trump would still be 'President', at that point, and the liberal genocide could get started with a bang.

I find it quite disheartening to find that most otherwise-rational and right-thinking individuals on this forum have no glimmer whatsoever of any comprehension of just how close we came to civil war that day.

Is it denial?

Certainly it is not lack of intelligence, as this board has a LOT of very fine minds in the mix.

I stand most vociferously behind my assertion that the Trump lie that saved the Constitution that day was that he would be with the protestors at the Capitol.

If he had kept his word, the Moron Horde would have been further energized and emboldened.

His presence would almost certainly been enough to tip that balance.

We are NOT out of the woods yet, either. Not by ANY stretch of the imagination.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    You may very well be right. Successfully storming the Capitol and murdering Nancy Pelosi wouldn't have overturned the election, merely taken the conflict up a level to an undeniable coup attempt. What would happen then, God knows, and it could get very nasty indeed, but I think it's unlikely that Trump (or any attempted coup by anyone) would have had enough military support to pull it off. And had it failed, he'd be in Very Deep Sh!t, with not a shred of plausible deniability left.
    Which is why he chickened out.

Oh, and military involvement means we all have lost.

Also, at that point, Trump was still POTUS for another month, which means he would control the military.

Also, if you want to dispute whether he would control the military or not, be aware that it doesn't matter one way or the other.

The simple fact that the military would be involved with any sort of combat on US soil can mean only that the US Government would be in deep, deep trouble.
    Last edited by oznabrag; 03-02-2021 at 10:21 PM.
    Rattling the teacups.

I have to agree with ozna (#37), but I also agree with Keith, he knew it would have failed and he may well have ended up on a lamp post…… and the US would be in the throes of an attempted revolution right now.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    No, not officially, but if the VPOTUS had been lynched that day, you can bet that Pelosi, AOC and etc. would have swung right beside him.

So, Trump would still be 'President', at that point, and the liberal genocide could get started with a bang.

I find it quite disheartening to find that most otherwise-rational and right-thinking individuals on this forum have no glimmer whatsoever of any comprehension of just how close we came to civil war that day.

Is it denial?

Certainly it is not lack of intelligence, as this board has a LOT of very fine minds in the mix.

I stand most vociferously behind my assertion that the Trump lie that saved the Constitution that day was that he would be with the protestors at the Capitol.

If he had kept his word, the Moron Horde would have been further energized and emboldened.

His presence would almost certainly been enough to tip that balance.

We are NOT out of the woods yet, either. Not by ANY stretch of the imagination.
    As Keith said, it would have got very nasty. However, Trump did not succeed in corrupting the courts or the military to the point where he could pull off a coup. Which, as you observe, is why he chickened out on going with his followers to the Capitol building.

No, we're not out of the woods. Right now, Republicans are trying to rig future elections and kissing Trump's ring. Some of them would very much like to corrupt our institutions to the point where they can make a counter-revolution against the American revolution work. We didn't just come close to civil war Jan. 6, we're still in it. Have been for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    I have to agree with ozna (#37), but I also agree with Keith, he knew it would have failed and he may well have ended up on a lamp post…… and the US would be in the throes of an attempted revolution right now.
    If you read the signs right, it appears that we are most definitely in the build-up to a very real civil war. I've been reading some non-fiction from the pre-civil war period, and the parallels are too many and too similar. The same fervor, the same delusions. The South is rising again, with only the slightest redefinition of what the 'South' is.
    "...moved as he was solely by the desire for truth, and by the suspicion...that the truth was not what was appearing to him at that moment."