Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 36 to 41 of 41

Thread: Hilarity at CPAC

  1. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    St. Paul, MN, USA
    Posts
    59,229

    Default Re: Hilarity at CPAC

    You may very well be right. Successfully storming the Capitol and murdering Nancy Pelosi wouldn't have overturned the election, merely taken the conflict up a level to an undeniable coup attempt. What would happen then, God knows, and it could get very nasty indeed, but I think it's unlikely that Trump (or any attempted coup by anyone) would have had enough military support to pull it off. And had it failed, he'd be in Very Deep Sh!t, with not a shred of plausible deniability left.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

    Richard Feynman

  2. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    38,517

    Default Re: Hilarity at CPAC

    Quote Originally Posted by johnw View Post
    So, hanging Mike Pence would not have prolonged Trump's term.
    No, not officially, but if the VPOTUS had been lynched that day, you can bet that Pelosi, AOC and etc. would have swung right beside him.

    So, Trump would still be 'President', at that point, and the liberal genocide could get started with a bang.

    I find it quite disheartening to find that most otherwise-rational and right-thinking individuals on this forum have no glimmer whatsoever of any comprehension of just how close we came to civil war that day.

    Is it denial?

    Certainly it is not lack of intelligence, as this board has a LOT of very fine minds in the mix.

    I stand most vociferously behind my assertion that the Trump lie that saved the Constitution that day was that he would be with the protestors at the Capitol.

    If he had kept his word, the Moron Horde would have been further energized and emboldened.

    His presence would almost certainly been enough to tip that balance.

    We are NOT out of the woods yet, either. Not by ANY stretch of the imagination.
    Rattling the teacups.

  3. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    38,517

    Default Re: Hilarity at CPAC

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    You may very well be right. Successfully storming the Capitol and murdering Nancy Pelosi wouldn't have overturned the election, merely taken the conflict up a level to an undeniable coup attempt. What would happen then, God knows, and it could get very nasty indeed, but I think it's unlikely that Trump (or any attempted coup by anyone) would have had enough military support to pull it off. And had it failed, he'd be in Very Deep Sh!t, with not a shred of plausible deniability left.
    Which is why he chickened out.

    Oh, and military involvement means we all have lost.

    Also, at that point, Trump was still POTUS for another month, which means he would control the military.

    Also, if you want to dispute whether he would control the military or not, be aware that it doesn't matter one way or the other.

    The simple fact that the military would be involved with any sort of combat on US soil can mean only that the US Government would be in deep, deep trouble.
    Last edited by oznabrag; 03-02-2021 at 10:21 PM.
    Rattling the teacups.

  4. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    victoria, australia. (1 address now)
    Posts
    66,546

    Default Re: Hilarity at CPAC

    I have to agree with ozna (#37), but I also agree with Keith, he knew it would have failed and he may well have ended up on a lamp post…… and the US would be in the throes of an attempted revolution right now.

  5. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    27,337

    Default Re: Hilarity at CPAC

    Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    No, not officially, but if the VPOTUS had been lynched that day, you can bet that Pelosi, AOC and etc. would have swung right beside him.

    So, Trump would still be 'President', at that point, and the liberal genocide could get started with a bang.

    I find it quite disheartening to find that most otherwise-rational and right-thinking individuals on this forum have no glimmer whatsoever of any comprehension of just how close we came to civil war that day.

    Is it denial?

    Certainly it is not lack of intelligence, as this board has a LOT of very fine minds in the mix.

    I stand most vociferously behind my assertion that the Trump lie that saved the Constitution that day was that he would be with the protestors at the Capitol.

    If he had kept his word, the Moron Horde would have been further energized and emboldened.

    His presence would almost certainly been enough to tip that balance.

    We are NOT out of the woods yet, either. Not by ANY stretch of the imagination.
    As Keith said, it would have got very nasty. However, Trump did not succeed in corrupting the courts or the military to the point where he could pull off a coup. Which, as you observe, is why he chickened out on going with his followers to the Capitol building.

    No, we're not out of the woods. Right now, Republicans are trying to rig future elections and kissing Trump's ring. Some of them would very much like to corrupt our institutions to the point where they can make a counter-revolution against the American revolution work. We didn't just come close to civil war Jan. 6, we're still in it. Have been for a long time.

  6. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    3,254

    Default Re: Hilarity at CPAC

    Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    I have to agree with ozna (#37), but I also agree with Keith, he knew it would have failed and he may well have ended up on a lamp post…… and the US would be in the throes of an attempted revolution right now.
    If you read the signs right, it appears that we are most definitely in the build-up to a very real civil war. I've been reading some non-fiction from the pre-civil war period, and the parallels are too many and too similar. The same fervor, the same delusions. The South is rising again, with only the slightest redefinition of what the 'South' is.
    "...moved as he was solely by the desire for truth, and by the suspicion...that the truth was not what was appearing to him at that moment."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •