Thread: Pic worth 1,000 words

Default Pic worth 1,000 words

State Line Ave, Texarkana. Which side is in Texas and which is in Arkansas?
    EB7581BA-80F0-4FD3-8F44-4774CA6336FB.jpg
    The Algorithm Is Watching

Default Re: Pic worth 1,000 words

Rt 71 ?
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Saw that on our nat'l news last night. Kinda silly...
    Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Long run, people get what they elect.

Sometimes sad the minority suffers from the will of majority.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

Looks like the snow is melting today. 41 degrees. Might all be gone in a couple days.

I don't see a valid inference relative to plowing roads or not plowing roads. Most places I have lived have not plowed the roads in a timey fashion and people got out and did their business.

I remember living in the upper Midwest and being having roads go unplowed for a week or more. No big deal.
    Life is complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Little Time View Post
    Looks like the snow is melting today. 41 degrees. Might all be gone in a couple days.

I don't see a valid inference relative to plowing roads or not plowing roads. Most places I have lived have not plowed the roads in a timey fashion and people got out and did their business.

I remember living in the upper Midwest and being having roads go unplowed for a week or more. No big deal.
    That is fine when you can remember from one winter to the next how to drive on snow and ice.
    Uncommon cold events cause numpties to have accidents.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

I went through sections of road today-- all the same road- but some sections controlled by town, county, state village etc.

The road surface was: snow, plowed, ice, salted, unplowed, sanded, not sanded, snow.... all in about five or six miles.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Back in the early 70's I lived in Fayetteville AR for a while. We got a freak snowstorm in late October that dropped about 4". I was on my way to work & passed a cop parked on the side of the road. He flipped on his light & waved me over.

"What you doin' driven in this stuff boy?" (I was the only vehicle on the road besides him). "Goin' to work sir" "Ain't nobody gonna 'spect anyone at work today son." "Well then my boss'll be happy with me for showin' up". "You from up north boy?" "Yessir" "Well you may know how to drive in this stuff, but you yankees have snow tires" "I have snow tires on the truck sir" "Boy, them's mud slicks, not snow tires!" I got out of the truck, walked to the front wheel & pointed at the tire. "See here? It says 'mud & snow' - mud slicks are the same thing as snow tires" "Well I'll be danged. I never knew that. You drive real careful, y'hear boy?" "Yes sir - have a good day".

I was the only one who made it into work.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    State Line Ave, Texarkana. Which side is in Texas and which is in Arkansas?
    EB7581BA-80F0-4FD3-8F44-4774CA6336FB.jpg
    Just a pure guess, but I'm gonna say the clear side is Arkansas; There was an article months back about pot growers relocating there due to a good business climate (easy and cheap registration, no limits on growers). Now good business climate also typically means low taxes, but can also mean good infrastructure and services. Which seems iffy for either TX or AR. But TX just seems even more "rugged individualist" so I'm gonna say they expect you to plow your own snow.

If true, this is a bit ironic because an article in the early '90s I think(?), said how road potholes got fixed in a day in Dallas, versus forever in states like MI and PA.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.