Wow! Lots of progress.
    Looking good.
    You should be ready for this summer.

Default Re: I think I'll build a Point Comfort 23

Quote Originally Posted by timo4352 View Post
    Wow! Lots of progress.
    Looking good.
    You should be ready for this summer.
    Thanks! and yes the summer should be no sweat. I cannot wait.
    Rob
    Never Trade Luck for Skill.

Thanks for the update. That is a lot of progress and I really like the additions you are making to the boat. I hear Sheltered Cove Marine has outboards in stock but they would be Nissan/Tohatsu I think. Just saying, I never dealt with them nor do I have a stake in the outfit.

Finkeel, that all looks strangely familiar! You're moving right along. I'm anxious to get my machines out of storage and into the new shop so I can join the fun.
    Looking very good,
    Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by jim_cricket View Post
    Finkeel, that all looks strangely familiar! You're moving right along. I'm anxious to get my machines out of storage and into the new shop so I can join the fun.
    Looking very good,
    Cricket
    Thanks Jim, it wouldn't have gotten this far with out your documentation and advise. I've been through your build thread probably 100 times. Thanks, and happy new shop!

Rob

Making headway this month. Leaving off last photo group I had just started the washboards. All the boards are down, deck is down and all is glassed and primed. The inner side rails (Built from ash) are all in up to the bow curve, but I'm still mulling over how to cover the forward section. Helm seat/fuel tank holder/storage box is in but seats not decided on yet.
    I have the inner aft hull painted with at least two coats, forward section to go. Wiring is mostly complete, with just the bilge pump to go, and install the battery (bought today). The big addition is the bimini frame, in white oak. Not sure how this will get finished yet either. It will stay with the boat for trailering but the the top will be quick release for highway towing. The frame will be easily removable in one full piece and is relatively light. Maybe 30 lb total? The top will be 3/8 marine ply, glassed over and sized 6'x 3.5'. Good shade! I'll mount the nav lights right in the bimini frame as well.
    The new 60 Yammy is bolted up and mostly connected. Big milestone for me. Still lots of transom work to do, it's only epoxy coated right now and missing a trim piece under the aft deck port side.

IMG_2945.jpg

IMG_2946.jpg

IMG_2952.jpg

IMG_2977.jpg

IMG_2981.jpg

Looking good. You're getting close!

With the Motor up and mounted, I've finished its rigging, the steering is in and bled but needs another bleeding in a few days. One little 'flat spot' to work out. The boats wiring is all but completed, just a bilge pump to go. All instruments power up nicely.
    The bimini frame is done, will get primed tomorrow and painted black with Interlux Brightsides. It won't fit on the boat in my shed shop because the bat is now sitting on it's new Loadrite trailer. I added a longer tongue to fit the boat, hope to finish that up this week. The 6' galvanized 1/8" wall tongue was removed, and new 10' 3/16' wall steel tube (3"x4") was added. It'll get painted, and rust check sprayed inside but its easily flushable anyway. The boat fits nicely. Thanks for watching.
    Rob

IMG_3082.jpg

IMG_3079.jpg

IMG_3115.jpg

IMG_3099.jpg

63839033925__DFFE2FA9-6EC8-4371-A330-D8F9B304C4C9.jpg

I can't believe how fast you built that boat. Amazing. Thank for sharing all the pictures. I'm thinking on the electronics and glad to see how you've laid them out.

gghink