Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One of my favorite boats just came up for sale on Seattle CL

Default Re: One of my favorite boats just came up for sale on Seattle CL

It is indeed. Yes I know it's not wood, but it is a surprisingly versatile tender. Can carry 2-3 people & a ton of gear or 4-5 without gear. It's also very stable - you can stand on the outer end of the middle seat & the boat will not go under. They are also available in a sailing version & were used by many clubs here in the northeast for sailing classes & frostbiting.
    Right.

And was it the Dyer Dink or the Dyer Dhow ( I always confuse the two) that was also offered with a glass bottom so, when stowed inverted over the foredeck hatch, still allowed light belowdecks?

Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breakaway View Post
    Right.

And was it the Dyer Dink or the Dyer Dhow ( I always confuse the two) that was also offered with a glass bottom so, when stowed inverted over the foredeck hatch, still allowed light belowdecks?

Kevin
    9'6" for the Dhow & 7'11" for the Dink. Didn't know about the glass bottom option, but all I've seen have had the sailing option - centerboard in the Dhow, dagger board in the Dink.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Nicholas, sorry - I missed your last post here. How's it going with Puget Belle? Here is some info from the email exchange I had with Mary McCallum back in 2014:

I know of no issues with the hull at this time. The last time it was hauled and worked on was around 2010 at Emerald Marine in Anacortes. Since I acquired the boat in 1990 I have employed a shipwright, Andy Stewart, formerly or Olympia, but now the owner of Emerald Marine to work on the hull every few years as time and money allowed. I am sure if you wanted to talk to him he would be informative since he knows the boat intimately. The next time I am down at the boat I will get the paperwork that describes the work that was done in 2010. It did involved repairing cracked frames.

I have always hauled the boat every spring, cleaned and painted the bottom and replaced the zince, with the exception of this year
    Correction: Andy Stewart last worked on the hull in 2009 not 2010 as I stated. Also he worked on the hull in 2000 and in 1990 the year I bought the boat.

Injectors serviced in 2005.

Flushed fuel system and replaced fuel tank in 2009.
    Not much detail but I hope it fills in the picture a bit. Mary cruised Puget Belle for over twenty years, mostly by herself I think, until she was unable to keep taking care of the boat. It bounced around between a couple of different owners before you found her. This is from an email exchange with Mary in 2017:

Yes I did sell the Puget Belle in 2015. It has changed hands a couple times and still is moored in the same slip at West Bay Marina. I heard that a couple that live in Eastern Washington are the current owners. I don't see that any work has been done nor has she been hauled out. Sadly, the paint is peeling and the bottom is thick with growth. Fortunately a nearby live- aboard is tending to her, keeping the battery charged, the bilge pump running, heating the cabin, and starting the engine now and then. Because she is under cover she is holding up pretty well, I think, considering the lack of use.
    I actually tried to buy her a couple of times after that but the owners weren't selling at that time. Probably a good thing as I had my hands full with Petrel ayway.
    - Chris

Life is short. Go boating now!

There is an active Ed Monk FB page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/869771810047760

Quote Originally Posted by JoAhna K View Post
    There is an active Ed Monk FB page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/869771810047760
    Two, actually. There is also the one that I administer. https://www.facebook.com/groups/297676139442

However I am trying to hand it off to someone else as I have not had the time to put into it. (The "Legend Continues" club is active but doesn't include much actual Ed Monk-related content.)
    - Chris

Life is short. Go boating now!

Thank you for posting that. The guy I bought her from was a former Scaler at Marco and friends with Mike at Ewing street. Since having her I have converted her back to wet exhaust, built a new engine box and am nearly done replacing all of the windows. Naturally there have also been a few other smaller projects.

KIMG1194.jpgKIMG1212.jpg
    Finay got her in decent enough shape to take a small overnight and avoid some of the heat wave. Hopefully photos came through.

Nicholas