Page 137 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3787127136137
Results 4,761 to 4,763 of 4763

Thread: Novel Coronavirus

Default Re: Novel Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by StevenBauer View Post
    I asked this in the Mask thread but maybe it belongs here:
    In the "I don't know" department - I have no clue. With that said, I think we'll see those who are anti-vax and anti-mask getting sicker at a higher rate. From what Fauci and others have said, the current vaccines *Should* be effective against most of the variants that they have seen, so those that have had the vaccine can catch the new variant, but are likely to survive.

I did see some disturbing news of some reported cases where folks had been vaccinated, but were positive for COVID after the fact. The news clip was unclear in its reporting in some ways. This seems to be what they were talking about: https://www.kgw.com/article/news/hea...e-a0cd7a3f000e

I had my first shot yesterday and have my second one scheduled - finally.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

I've compiled a graph with excess mortality and CV-19 deaths for 2020, arranged in order of decreasing excess mortality. It's based on EU statistics that were easily available for me, and I've manually added a few countries that I found interresting, which also report excess mortality. Australia, New Zealand and Norway are not included because these countries had a very low number of CV-19 deaths and also essentially zero excess mortality (as expected).

Some countries have a substantially lower excess mortality than the number of CV-19 deaths (e.g. Ireland, Sweden and Belgium) which indicates that many who were counted as CV-19 deaths would have died during the year from other causes.

Why do some countries, e.g. the US and Poland, have a substantially higher excess death count than CV-19 death count? Could it be suppressed statistics, motivated by upcoming elections?

Mexico is an outlier so I would first check for problems with the statistics before analysing. Excess mortality was available in %, so I calculated the number of dead/million by assuming a 0.9% yearly mortality which as far as I know is true for at least Sweden and the US.
    Excess mortality.jpg
    /Erik

"Why do some countries, e.g. the US and Poland, have a substantially higher excess death count than CV-19 death count? Could it be suppressed statistics, motivated by upcoming elections?"

You old cynic you………….