Thread: kid shot for real after dad takes him out for a drive-by paintball shooting.

Default kid shot for real after dad takes him out for a drive-by paintball shooting.

I wouldn't believe it except....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...tball-driveby/

Who the HELL takes their kid on a "drive by shooting"...paintball or not? Florida....

We're doomed.

Alternate coverage....

https://www.rt.com/usa/525497-drive-...ing-paintball/

Upshot...kid asks Dad to take him out for a paintball "drive by shooting". Apparently he and his buddies were playing paintball recently. Dad thinks this is a good idea and they get in his car. They drive by an apartment building where a bunch of kids are outside playing. This kid opens fire...whether he was IN the car or outside the car, unsure. Someone in the crowd had a REAL gun, thought they were under attack and shot back, wounding the kid. Somehow, Dad ran over his own kid in the car, then picked him up and took him home, where his mother called emergency services.
    Last edited by Alan H; 06-02-2021 at 07:11 PM.

Default Re: kid shot for real after dad takes him out for a drive-by paintball shooting.

Paywall
    But I get the gist #floridaman
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Default Re: kid shot for real after dad takes him out for a drive-by paintball shooting.

stand your ground, bitches
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Dad thinks a drive by is a good idea?

Kid gets shot for real?

Dad drives over him with the car?

How many opportunities were there to stop this before it went bad? Unbelievable!
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

In Opa Locka. The WaPo article says it's beset with shootings, which means folks were already on alert
    The Algorithm Is Watching

Stupid people and guns...
    Last edited by CK 17; 06-02-2021 at 08:39 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

"According to police, Williams’s son approached him over the weekend and asked if his father would take him to do a drive-by shooting with a paintball gun in Opa-locka, a city in Miami-Dade County that has been so beset with gun violence that a resident recently called it “the devil’s dungeon.”
    Williams allegedly agreed and drove the boy to a home in the small city where a group of children had gathered on the front lawn.

The boy’s father told WSVN that his son had been engaged in a paintball battle with several other children before the Sunday evening shooting. A witness in the neighborhood also told the station that Williams and his son had been wearing “ski masks and hoodies” during the attack, which Williams denied.

When the boy began firing paintballs, police said a resident named Gregory Barns believed “he and his family were under attack,” the Herald reported. Barns quickly fired one shot at Williams’s van.

After being struck with the bullet, police said, the 10-year-old fell out of the van and was run over as the vehicle continued to move. Williams then scooped the boy back into the van and drove home, where the boy’s mother called 911, according to a police report."

Carl Hiaasen couldn’t make this s*** up.

This is so messed up that it would take me forever to explain... I feel sorry for America....

Just a bit speechless here.
    be modest, and be proud of it.

Kid's 10, dad's 26...not the best signs of mature thinking.

So wait, the dad takes his kid to a “drive by”, the kid gets shot, then run over by the dad? Is the dad related to the woman that tried to shoot the puppy and shot her son?
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh MacD View Post
    Kid's 10, dad's 26...not the best signs of mature thinking.
    Genetic feedback loop. Never gonna stop.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

We're all doomed. Idjit mom in Texas, shooting a puppy and hitting her own kid. This moron.

The nutters are trying to remove themselves from the gene pool.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Trying to remove their kids, more like.

Hmm, what's the shooting stats? I seem to remember toddlers were getting their numbers up. Whose winning?

The 26/10 statistic caught my eye, too.
    That must have been some call mom made to 911. Send an ambulance for my son and the police for his dad.

I'm beginning to grow a callousness. Anyone who supports all this gun ownership and happens to get shot, or happens to shoot someone accidentally, I have no sympathy for. Reap what you sew?

I feel sorry for the innocents who get shot, but I don't believe those who oppose gun laws and regulations are innocent. They are victims of their own beliefs.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.