Thread: 38' William Healy build, S&S designed sailboat in MI. Yacht world ad.

Default 38' William Healy build, S&S designed sailboat in MI. Yacht world ad.

This looks like it might be a nice boat.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/196...healy-3577837/

Default Re: 38' William Healy build, S&S designed sailboat in MI. Yacht world ad.

Quote Originally Posted by navydog View Post
    This looks like it might be a nice boat.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/196...healy-3577837/

I've actually been looking at that boat. I emailed the broker a few months ago, and he replied back pretty quickly and said it'd already been sold. He's usually on top of his YW listings, though, so I emailed him a few minutes ago to find out if the sale fell through and if the boat is still available.

When he'd emailed me a few months back, he did say that boat was in "surprisingly good condition." I'd love to pick her up--Holland is my hometown, so I have resources in the area to be able to rehab her and get her back on the water.

Default Re: 38' William Healy build, S&S designed sailboat in MI. Yacht world ad.

Just heard back from the broker--it did sell.

Its nice to see Bill Healy's name come up again. I worked alongside him at Riverbend Marine in Ft. Lauderdale in the erly 80's. He was a character...

Quote Originally Posted by jamo View Post
    Its nice to see Bill Healy's name come up again. I worked alongside him at Riverbend Marine in Ft. Lauderdale in the erly 80's. He was a character...
    I bought the S&S sailboat built by Bill Healy late summer last year out of Holland, MI. I would love to hear more about Bill Healy.

Welcome aboard MonAutreAmour!
    I hope you enjoy the boat, and that someone comes along with stories about the builder.