Thread: Hey Tom Montgomery, news from Ford Kentucky

Default Hey Tom Montgomery, news from Ford Kentucky

Vivid video

The Algorithm Is Watching

Default Re: Hey Tom Montgomery, news from Ford Kentucky

We have about 50 houses in my community and nobody has a job that requires them to own a truck. And yet,... I think if we owned 1 pickup as a community resource we could each meet our needs for a truck one day every month or two. Aside from springtime gardening and fall clean up, I would only use it to buy the occasional sheet of plywood.

Everywhere I go on the road I see pickups and many of them are pristine, never used much, and nothing more than a testosterone badge.
    "Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?" - Groucho Marx

Nice scene setting for the Electric F150 debut next week.

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

Electric F150 will probably need even more computer chips.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith
    We have about 50 houses in my community and nobody has a job that requires them to own a truck. And yet,... I think if we owned 1 pickup as a community resource we could each meet our needs for a truck one day every month or two. Aside from springtime gardening and fall clean up, I would only use it to buy the occasional sheet of plywood.

Everywhere I go on the road I see pickups and many of them are pristine, never used much, and nothing more than a testosterone badge.
    Everyone of those Ford Super Duty pickup trucks parked at the Kentucky Speedway is sold. But they cannot be delivered to the customer until the missing microchip is installed.

This is standard operating procedure when the assembly plant runs short of a part. So long as the product can be driven they will be parked until parts arrive and can be installed. Back in the day at the Ford Lorain Assembly Plant they used to park autos in the Cedar Point Amusement Park parking lot in Sandusky, Ohio during Cedar Point’s off-season. It is less expensive to build them and install the missing parts off-site than to shut down the assembly plant... to a point. KTP is presently on a 2-week shutdown due to the chip shortage.
    ďThose who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.Ē ― Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post

I drive a CitroŽn Xsara Picasso.]
    When you lift the back seats out it is a good as any pickup.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post

It would almost make one think there were gov’t policies that encouraged the purchase of heavy inefficient (for people transport) vehicles.

60 minutes did a segment on this.

No one in this country makes these chips. We make chips, but not these chips. Seems they are all made in one place and they don't seem to be able to make them fast enough.

We need to build stuff here.
    Now he's gone. If only he'd be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    It's a lot easier to hose the sheep s##t out of mine Nick I picked up some bags of feed a couple of days ago and didn't have time to get them emptied into their various bins before dark, so I parked my ute in the middle of the yard with the cover off so that the mice would leave it alone. Walked past a couple of hours after dark and shone the torch in the back- probably thirty mice and all the bags with big holes in them. I have a big drive ahead of me on Sunday- about eleven hours- so thought I'd better service the old jalopy. Opened the bonnet yesterday and found a huge mouse nest against the fire wall- in the same place I removed a massive rats nest a couple of months ago. Pulled out the mouse nest to reveal the remains of a red electrical wire, shredded and chewed to pieces right to the fire wall. Still have to repair that one before the weekend. JayInOz

Quote Originally Posted by JayInOz View Post
    It's a lot easier to hose the sheep s##t out of mine Nick I picked up some bags of feed a couple of days ago and didn't have time to get them emptied into their various bins before dark, so I parked my ute in the middle of the yard with the cover off so that the mice would leave it alone. Walked past a couple of hours after dark and shone the torch in the back- probably thirty mice and all the bags with big holes in them. I have a big drive ahead of me on Sunday- about eleven hours- so thought I'd better service the old jalopy. Opened the bonnet yesterday and found a huge mouse nest against the fire wall- in the same place I removed a massive rats nest a couple of months ago. Pulled out the mouse nest to reveal the remains of a red electrical wire, shredded and chewed to pieces right to the fire wall. Still have to repair that one before the weekend. JayInOz
    Ah well, the Picasso has a roof and mouse proof doors
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post

Shifted many pianos with it?
    There is nothing quite as permanent as a good temporary repair.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    60 minutes did a segment on this.

No one in this country makes these chips. We make chips, but not these chips. Seems they are all made in one place and they don't seem to be able to make them fast enough.

We need to build stuff here.
    Which stuff? Come on that stuff would cost a lot and we couldn’t buy as much of it if we made it here.