Thread: I'm officially a great grandpa

Default I'm officially a great grandpa

Granddaughter was scheduled for a C section at 10 this morning. She started cramping during the night, and they moved her up. Two girl babies born about 8:30 this morning.

Granddaughter and twin girls I'm told are doing fine. Combined weight of two babies; 15 lbs. One baby just ounces more than the other.

Ariel and Isabella
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

Default Re: I'm officially a great grandpa

wow, congrats to all. My daughter is pregnant w twin boys and it scares me. Great grandpa, yr older than I thought.

Brilliant! Best wishes to all.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Congrats!!!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Congratulations, enjoy your "grandfather responsibilities" for Ariel and Isabella ( = spoil them well!)

Thatís Great!
    The Algorithm Is Watching

OK... one has to ask... HOW great? <G>

As the birth of our first grandbaby approached, the kids handed me a gift t-shirt: "Great Dads Get Promoted - to Grandpa".

After a couple of years, and with #2 approaching, another t-shirt: "They call me Grandpa - because 'Partner In Crime' makes me sound like a bad influence".

Here's hoping you enjoy the new baby as much as I've enjoyed ours.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

So far my daughter thinks I'm turning out to be a "pretty good" grandpa. But "great" is probably gonna take more time...
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Wonderful news! Enjoy those two little babies!
    I was just made a grandpa last year and it sure livened up our lives.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    So far my daughter thinks I'm turning out to be a "pretty good" grandpa. But "great" is probably gonna take more time...
    Wife and I were a huge part of the lives of our grandchildren. Granddaughter lived with us until she met her guy and moved out. Two grandsons were also a large part of our lives.

When they were very small, my son-in-law dropped them off with us twice a week on his way to work and picked them up on is way home. Other two days he did this with his parents. Younger grandson needed speech therapy, and wife and I would drive from Montclair to E. Windsor every day to put him on a school bus that took him to speech therapy. We kept his brother entertained, or he kept us entertained, until we picked the one up from therapy and drove us all back to Montclair, where the three grands played together.

We moved to Hamilton when my mom died to be close to grandsons. My job was to go over and take them to the school bus every morning, and then pick them up when the bus brought them home. Having 10 or 12 youngsters waiting for the bus without much to do seemed awkward, so I bought a set of plastic rings and horseshoes, and a large plastic funnel, so they could play horseshoes while waiting for the bus. No one was ever late for the bus after that. I think it was their favorite part of the day.

Age and distance means we will not be as involved with these new youngsters. Not entirely sure my wife realized that yet.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

That sounds brilliant. Well done, you guys.

I remember when she was so young. Almost figured out how to row before the pool was closed.
    chapter 10 104.jpg

I never asked grandkids what they wanted for BD or Xmas. Always found some odd thing they loved; rocket balloons, stomp rockets, fly shooters, various puzzles and other things.

What I always looked for, but never found, was a SLOW r/c car. I had in mind something youngsters could drive around the house and not bang into things. They could negotiate an obstacle course, or learn to back up a trailer.

I do miss those days

Congrats.. I've got 4 grandkids, two within great-grandkid age, hope they wait awhile. I'm still trying to be good at grandpa!

Congrats, and best wishes all round.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Fantastic! Glad all are well.

Congratulations! I know the #1 job of a grandparent is to spoil the grandchildren, but I don't know what the job of great-grandparents is. Maybe you play with the great-grandkids when the grandparents poop out and need a nap?
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

Best wishes to you all.
    I once thought I was wrong, but I was wrong, I wasn't wrong.

It's certainly a new phase of life. Always wondered how people tell identical twins apart. Guess I'll find out.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    Wife and I were a huge part of the lives of our grandchildren. Granddaughter lived with us until she met her guy and moved out. Two grandsons were also a large part of our lives.

When they were very small, my son-in-law dropped them off with us twice a week on his way to work and picked them up on is way home. Other two days he did this with his parents. Younger grandson needed speech therapy, and wife and I would drive from Montclair to E. Windsor every day to put him on a school bus that took him to speech therapy. We kept his brother entertained, or he kept us entertained, until we picked the one up from therapy and drove us all back to Montclair, where the three grands played together.

We moved to Hamilton when my mom died to be close to grandsons. My job was to go over and take them to the school bus every morning, and then pick them up when the bus brought them home. Having 10 or 12 youngsters waiting for the bus without much to do seemed awkward, so I bought a set of plastic rings and horseshoes, and a large plastic funnel, so they could play horseshoes while waiting for the bus. No one was ever late for the bus after that. I think it was their favorite part of the day.

Age and distance means we will not be as involved with these new youngsters. Not entirely sure my wife realized that yet.
    well done, mr. smith.

Congratulations
    Choose wisely -Treat kindly...

A secret to a good marriage is to have a quick mind and a slow mouth...

S/V ORCA 38' Herreshoff Ketch