Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 45

Thread: Bandwagon, Big Food, Hornpipe & Rowan do the Broughton Archipelago

Default Re: Bandwagon, Big Food, Hornpipe & Rowan do the Broughton Archipelago

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    Top cruising ground, beautiful boats, excellent photos. Thanks.
    Almost makes me want to pack a bag and visit my old cruising grounds. Thanks

Yes, thank you, Beautiful water for touring.

A bump for this while I wait for sailing season, 2021... Well worth a read. Another read.

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

Maybe we can talk Alex into doing a redux with his new boat

I'm all for it. When are you launching, Alex? March?

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    I'm all for it. When are you launching, Alex? March?

Tom
    I wish.

I don't have any hard deadlines to push me, such as needing to have a boat ready for a trip up the Inside Passage, like I did when building Fire-Drake. At my current building pace, it won't likely be launched this summer.
    Alex

A man in an open shirt, sat gazing out to sea; A young man, a hale man, and I wished that I were he and that the things that I loved were as they used to be
    - Geoffrey Holdsworth

http://www.alexzimmerman.ca

You do know it took me 7 years to build my Alaska, right?

Well, probably about 14 months of part-time work spread out over 7 years, 2 of which were years in which I was in Kuwait, and Idaho, and the boat was in Wisconsin.

Tom

www.tompamperin.com

Sometimes I open a thread without looking at when it was started, and I'll come across a comment by Peter Sibley.
    ​In a world full of wonders, man invented boredom.

Yep. That's been happening to me a lot the past few days, while I've been digging out some of my favorite old small boat cruising threads here.

Tom

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    You do know it took me 7 years to build my Alaska, right?

Well, probably about 14 months of part-time work spread out over 7 years, 2 of which were years in which I was in Kuwait, and Idaho, and the boat was in Wisconsin.

Tom
    I hear ya.

It took me 5 years to build my Alaska. A major career move in the middle of it had a lot to do with it.
    Alex

A man in an open shirt, sat gazing out to sea; A young man, a hale man, and I wished that I were he and that the things that I loved were as they used to be
    - Geoffrey Holdsworth

http://www.alexzimmerman.ca