Page 2218 of 2252 FirstFirst ... 121817182118216822082217221822192228 ... LastLast
Results 77,596 to 77,630 of 78800

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

Thanks for that video Chris.
    I really miss skating with the girls.

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

Yeah dull tools, even the small one are 'bout worthless. Now if I could only get something to sharpen up my mind.
    Kevin, hope my postings can brighten your day. I really miss playing hockey, we haven't played since March 13, 2020. It's amazing how quickly you lose fitness, hockey was the only aerobic thing I did. Now I huff and puff just walking up the hill.

Chris if you ever find that mind thing let me know I definitely need help there.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Morning all, another Monday happening here. I wonder if David G has roasted yet. Sounds plenty hot out his way, maybe he should move to Texas.
    Or SOMETHING!!! It's weather like this I was running from when we left Texas.

And I notice a distinct increase in sentiment among our little cabal of Family Compound folks for property with a creek or a pond on it.

The pretty hanging plant I got her for Mother's Day was looking a bit wilted, so I double-watered it. All good... right? Nope. When I went out front later... that direct West exposure had turned it into a Brillo Pad. Toasted dry. I hope it revives some.

The kids are coming to dinner, and it's too hot to cook. Even to want to grill. So I picked up a bunch of deli stuff, and we'll have mostly a cold meal.

Hope everyone has a good day!

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Fredz... can that stuff be used after the fact? I don't build mine, I buy 'em.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

David move that plant to the shade, I don't care if it says full sun, that does not mean you can put in an oven. Not even tomatoes can stand July and August sun in Oklahoma.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Fredz... can that stuff be used after the fact? I don't build mine, I buy 'em.
    If you can work some of it into the soil it will help.

David move that plant to the shade, I don't care if it says full sun, that does not mean you can put in an oven. Not even tomatoes can stand July and August sun in Oklahoma.
    Yeah, I've adopted a regimen of hanging it out front (West-facing) in the morning... then out back in the afternoon. At least for the duration of this hellish weather.

If you can work some of it into the soil it will help.
    It's very dense and overgrown up top. Best I could do would be sprinkle some onto the mat of foliage and give it a good shaking... hoping that it would sift down and sit on top of the soil. Not worth the bother?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

It holds moistures so it wont hurt anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    Get it near the roots, or it won't do much. Maybe poke some holes and pour the granules down?
    Thanks, I'll keep it in my back pocket for now, and just see how the East/West swapping strategy works. The plant is bouncing back better so far than I expected. Way better...
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

I don't know if it was an omen or sign of something or may be nothing. This very pretty Eagle just flew across my back yard by my shop. Those guys do not hang out in my neighborhood.

I just gabbed at the Gman, I knew I had to get him out of that heat before it got the best of him.

Uhh, yes I think, maybe or not. He is in Oregone you know so I am not real sure.

I'll take it as a sign for someone close to you - "An eagle sighting symbolizes new beginnings, resilience, and stamina for those who have been experiencing difficult passages in life."
    I guess I needed that.

Dang, I walked up to lock my shop and gather the eggs, It thundered once and then tried to drown me before I could get back to the house. I did find a five gallon bucket lid to hold over my head and it helped some. We really don't need this.

That is the way this happened a while ago. Bright sunshine and then a down pour.

Rain? Wazzat?

On the plus side, by working mostly mornings, it looks like I/we will be able to get the deck complete and the stain on and dried before we next see rain.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Hey David, glad you aint roasted yet. I think some body got our states mixed up or sumthin.

Sky is getting dark again here, I guess we are in for another round.

That sounds cool tell me more about that. Please

We or rather my wife has all kinds of flowers planted, I have a big patch of purple cone flowers and lots of Irises and daisies around the fence line. Not many bees around anymore and a few butterflies come by now and then. I think the folks that spray poisons on their garden have killed off most of them.

Crystal got some pretty good news to day, the cancer thing is just two centimeters and they will just do the lumpectomy. then six rounds of chemo at twenty one days apart. Her DNA results came back and there is no history of breast cancer or other things in our family. So I guess that eagle brought me some good news.

Good evening gents...
    hot and steamy here...I'm pouring...

Sounds good to me, on a rainy or cold day tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich can't be beat.

Crystal got some pretty good news to day, the cancer thing is just two centimeters and they will just do the lumpectomy. then six rounds of chemo at twenty one days apart. Her DNA results came back and there is no history of breast cancer or other things in our family. So I guess that eagle brought me some good news.
    That's the best of news! I wonder if it was crossing, not just my finners, but my toeses also, that did it!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Good to hear about Crystal...

Happy to hear the news from Crys! Made an already good day even better.

Life is short, play with your cougar.

What ever you guys did I thank you so much for caring.
    Last edited by Bobby of Tulsa; 06-28-2021 at 08:31 PM.

Geez! Full blown thundershowers now, temp dropped to 75°F
    Fred you are making David jealous you know.

Smile Re: Byob !!!!!!

Great news for Crystal.
    Makes me smile.

Thumbs down Re: Byob !!!!!!

Every time it rains here, it just get hotter and more humid.

Been getting our afternoon storms pretty regularly here. Saturday morning she insisted we get out of this house and go to the beach for a couple days, so we got a room in a little beach town called Treasure Island. Its a lovely stretch of sugar sand dunes and sea oats with spectacular sunsets. This was last eve.

20210627_193838.jpg20210627_193838.jpg

Life is short, play with your cougar.

When I told some of my old native American friends about the Eagle they were in awe, one said he is talking to you Bob.

I think I've been getting the weather he's supposed to have gotten.
    Me tooo!

I think I've been getting the weather he's supposed to have gotten.
    Indeed! And we want it back, you scoundrel!!!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks