Page 2217 of 2242 FirstFirst ... 121717172117216722072216221722182227 ... LastLast
Results 77,561 to 77,595 of 78451

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

That Glen is finding some good tunes and new to the bar.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Good afternoon Fred, I have been in my shop trying to paint a bird house for Crystal. I am having a hard time with it lots of trim and steps an a picket fence. When you are a shaky old man, things like painting all that trim and under eaves gets kind of frustrating.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    Well, that's a fact! Okay, I feel better now.
    Happy to be of service. You know you can always count on your PubBuddies!!! Esp. Tulsy. I think most people know by now that he's the one who feeds me most of my best lines.

Seriously... I'm just glad most of the rest of y'all aren't joining us in this madness.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

I am just about passed any kind of craft work. I guess my productive days are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    I am just about passed any kind of craft work. I guess my productive days are long gone.
    Yikes it's hot out there. I just spent a few hours in the shop, fabbing up some custom configuration deck boards. It is a high ceiling - about 18'. That helps. And it's decently insulated. That helps.

So the hot-weather drill is: whoever gets there earliest opens everything up and turns the big floor fan so it blows the cooler air in. When outside temps equalize with indoor temps... we close it all up and turn the fan toward wherever we're working. That definitely makes it more comfortable. When I left, the inside was 80F and the outside was 109F. The difference between muy drippy... and utterly impossible.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

It's so hot and humid I'm havin trouble breathing.
    Like Glen I'm confined to a/c quarters.
    I'm useless in this heat.
    Wheeze*

I guess I'll just have to sit here sippin an icy cold beverage.
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Gman you are not used to that kind of heat, please be careful. Drink in drink out, lots of water. I am sure you remember when those salt tablets was the cure for all heat related things.

Kevin cold beer and my oxygen condenser will fix you right up and you can not even image how it will kill a hang over.

I guess no drill bit people saw my earlier post, Oh well.

Lightbulb Re: Byob !!!!!!

I guess no drill bit people saw my earlier post, Oh well.
    I can sharpen drill bits on a grinder.
    I should say I used to, it's been awhile.

Hey Kevin I saw your name pop up on the brothm thread, Do you have any interest in being that? If so I am sure this here pub will back you.

Quote Originally Posted by Domesticated_Mr. Know It All View Post
    I can sharpen drill bits on a grinder.
    I should say I used to, it's been awhile.
    Well I used to as well as a lot of other things that I can no longer do.

Morning all, not good here, Delta Covid is away and running everywhere but our stste but that can't last. Fed's have, and are still stuffing up the Vaccine programme, but down home here we are well supplied and the sun will be out.
    That said We are fully vacinated, I sailed yesterday, cool but fun, and I didn't fall over.
    Hope you all are well.
    Jeff

Well I used to as well as a lot of other things that I can no longer do.
    I hear that.
    I'd like to sharpen my mind and wit while I'm at it.

Bobby, as we get older we shouldn't dwell on what we can't do anymore! Concentrate on all we can do.. When I think about what I could once do I only get depressed. However, when I talk to a youngster and advise them how to go about solving their problem I see a light in their eyes that makes me smile! When I need to do some of my old usual activities I just lower my expectations and double or triple my time expectations!

Quote Originally Posted by LOKI View Post
    Bobby, as we get older we shouldn't dwell on what we can't do anymore! Concentrate on all we can do.. When I think about what I could once do I only get depressed. However, when I talk to a youngster and advise them how to go about solving their problem I see a light in their eyes that makes me smile! When I need to do some of my old usual activities I just lower my expectations and double or triple my time expectations!
    Hear Hear.

One example... you're still a quick-witten smartass when you're 'on'. You keep feeding me the lines... I can type 'em up. We'll continue to wow the Pub!!! <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

What's this smartass stuff about? I only type what I would say face to face!

Quote Originally Posted by LOKI View Post
    What's this smartass stuff about? I only type what I would say face to face!
    That was for Me Loki not you, he was agreeing with you. Ya just gotta get used to MR G, he is a fine fellow.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Morning all, not good here, Delta Covid is away and running everywhere but our stste but that can't last. Fed's have, and are still stuffing up the Vaccine programme, but down home here we are well supplied and the sun will be out.
    That said We are fully vacinated, I sailed yesterday, cool but fun, and I didn't fall over.
    Hope you all are well.
    Jeff
    Jeff I hope you stay safe as well as the rest of your clan. That is some nasty stuff.

Wifey gets her second on the third, I get mine on the ninth. Hopefully this will make everything good again! Can never tell with this virus, only hope so. If I can ever get over that US-Can border again you never know where I might show up! Be afraid.. be very afraid!

Thumbs up Re: Byob !!!!!!

The tremors have been really bad today for some unknown reason.
    I been twitchin and jerkin all dang day.
    Trying to sleep is gonna be rough.
    Almost pill time, I have high hopes for eventual unconsciousness.

I'm as bad as Bobby, I have a bucket full of used drill bits and no grinder.
    Multiple buckets of hardware.
    All kinds of tools.
    Can't remember the last time I fixed anything.

When we recently moved, I did away with much old hardware, an old diamondback road bike, a carved Greenland style kayak paddle, some old mowers, yard and garden tools, and various other bits and bobbles. My darling was so impressed… I am now trying to find ways to house my old stuff in cabinets and drawers. It makes her smile.

I'm still travelin lighter than most folks.
    I learned what travelin light really meant when I was homeless.
    It's amazing to learn what you can live without.
    It's even more amazing how fast stuff accumulates if you don't pay attention.

Indeed, Kevin. I sure haven’t missed any stuff I got rid of. Yet…

Morning all, another Monday happening here. I wonder if David G has roasted yet. Sounds plenty hot out his way, maybe he should move to Texas.

The Coffee is ready and Maybe Glen has something to boost it up a bit.

Went up to my shop for a while until I got that nature calling thing and had to come back to the house. It is75 out there not a leaf stirring and 88% humidity. The air is super thick for me. I had my big fan going in my shop and it was tolerable for me. Back in the a/c for the rest of the morning I guess.

Raining again , it started about an hour ago. The temp has dropped a couple of degrees. It is better than the steaming we will get when the sun comes out.

I apologize to Kevin for the second on his name as BROTHM, I know I never want to do that again and i will not ever participate in that again.

No worries Bobby.
    Now isn't the best time for me but I'd serve if they needed me.
    I still enjoy the rat race.

Morning pubsters. Warm and muggy here today. After hearing all y'alls tales of weather related misery, I'll stop whining about our 80-90º temps. But I'll take 0º any day, just put on another sweater.
    Bobby, I've heard nothing but good about this drill sharpener. https://www.drilldoctor.com
    Kevin, hope your knee feels better soon.
    This heat exacerbates everything.

Thank you Chris, I have been looking at that one for a while and just wasn't sure I will probably order one of those, Dull drill bits are worth about what a dull chainsaw chain is worth.
    Last edited by Bobby of Tulsa; 06-28-2021 at 09:01 AM.