Page 2212 of 2250 FirstFirst ... 121217122112216222022211221222132222 ... LastLast
Results 77,386 to 77,420 of 78741

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    I'd planned on a pasta dish tonight, but the onliest meat I had handy was half a tube of breakfast sausage. No problemo - I fried it up in olive oil and Italian sausage seasoning. Mixed it into some marinara sauce and spooned it all over penne pasta. Polish rye bread on the side, and Mexican beer.
    I am SO international!
    Sounds good. You'll make someone a great 'kept man' someday!!!

Apropos of nothing... I just saw another news report that the Portland Trailblazers have now interviewed two women for their open head coach slot. One was named a finalist. It's nice that there's a developing pool of qualified women. And it's nice that our local team is seriously considering one. According to a fellow I know (local sportswriter and sports talk radio host)... the team is being very cagy about any lean. The news media is touting an aging retread. But John says several Blazers insiders have said some things, in certain ways, that make him think it will be her. Too vague to report publicly, but that's his instinct.
    Last edited by David G; 06-22-2021 at 08:11 PM.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

I have plenty of maturity, I just find it useless at this point of my life.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    I have plenty of maturity, I just find it useless at this point of my life.
    That's been my attitude all along <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Hey David, looks like another day has started for me, I got almost two hours of sleep so it is gonna be a long day. I have to go at noon for my bone xrays and that is about all that is on my plans for the day.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Hey David, looks like another day has started for me, I got almost two hours of sleep so it is gonna be a long day. I have to go at noon for my bone xrays and that is about all that is on my plans for the day.
    I hope they discover you still have some.

And that they're in FINE fettle.

Maybe you'll catch a nap before you go. Maybe you should go back and read some old Bilge posts. That'd put anyone to sleep <G>

I had a small nap earlier, so I'm a bit late heading for bed. Gonna go now. Manana, mi amigo!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Sleep well David.

I suppose most folks are sleeping about now, I sure hope Kevin is getting some good sleep tonight.

Cowboy coffee this morning just for something different. Nice morning here 68 f. I think this will be our last cool day for a while.

I was up earlier but the bed felt so good I forced myself to go back to sleep. Then I had one of my weird dreams from the new (4 or so years now) playbook. The backdrop changes but the theme is always the same, I'm on a job out of town but somewhere here in Fla, always a waterfront town and the work is something to do with boats that are on a deadline to ship out, but far from ready. I'm part of a crew brought in to do the impossible, finish the project.

The dreams end with me not remembering where's my hotel or room is, where's my truck, my tools, my luggage . . . I'm exhausted to the point of feeling drugged and I need to get home to Shawn. Can't find my phone, haven't touched base in days and am bound to be in deep plop if I ever make it home. Oh, and Lefty was one of the main characters, one of the foreman, way over stressed and frantic.

Nothing like Bob dreams, I simply don't have the raw materials in my memory bank to conjure that up, thankfully. Even so it was enough to launch me out of bed the second I realized I was awake (about 9 seconds before my gyro boots up) and I stumbled 3' to bang my head on the closet door. After reading the last page of the comics thread and watching the potato salad video on the food songs thread (thanks, Jimmy!) I'm feeling better.

Good luck today Bobby. I'll be thinking about you, pal.

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Thank you Curt, nothing like those early morning dreams for some weird stuff to pop up in your head.

What's strange is how hard they stick in my head, even after I realize it was a dream. And Lefty! That was a new twist!

Life is short, play with your cougar.

You may need some counseling after the Lefty Thing.

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

Lefty likes to play with your head.
    He gets in there and next thing ya know, you feel like a pinball machine.
    Lord knows I sure miss him here.
    Morning Fella's.

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Good morning Kevin, I haven't heard from him since last Friday, very unusual for someone that at has called me almost everyday for the last five years or more. I hope nothing has happened to Carter or him.

Good morning Fred enjoy the cooler weather, I am sure it will pass soon.

Morning All,

Curtism... if Lefty was running the crew, you are all foucked. He's a solo entertainer. <G>

Tulsy... you got me in trouble. BIG trouble. That joke!! Since I heard it from a ministerial sort (you)... I figgered it was ok to tell to another ministerial sort (my darling wife). WRONG!! Jokes like that should come with a little printed warning label: Do Not Tell This Joke To Women!!

Here's a better birthday joke -- "Birthdays are nice and all... but too many of 'em can kill ya!!!"
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Dang David I forgot to tell you about the part where I told that to my wife, things didn't go well for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    I guess 'soon' is a relative term. According to the current forecast, we won't get out of the 70s until July 1st, when it will hit 81°F and hold around that for a week. Very nice, except a few days of rain, but again, no complaints here.

Does this alleged joke contain any bannable language? It's not nice leaving the rest of us in the dark.
    That's long enough. Covering my tracks now... <G>
    Last edited by David G; 06-23-2021 at 09:55 AM.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

First it really wasn't a joke. it was a thing an old boss told me when I was a young man and second I am not too sure it is appropriate for the open forum. David can take the chance if he wishes.

I did. But enjoy quickly... I ain't leaving it up long. When he said the piece was too big... I assume he wanted a smaller caliber? Managing the inevitable kickback is important as we age, for sure.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

It is David's fault I tell you.

It is David's fault I tell you.
    No. Nope. Terrible, horrible, no-good, very-bad wrong. It's ALWAY'S the Okie's fault!! Unless there's undoctored video footage proving otherwise...
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

That is just like an Oregone person, just blame the Okie.

That is just like an Oregone person, just blame the Okie.
    I confess, it's just automatic now <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

I understand buddy.

I understand buddy.
    Automatic... because it's so often the right answer <G>

Unless there's a Texan or a Floridian involved... then it's even money
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

As my mom used to tell me, It must be hard being the only perfect person in the room.

As my mom used to tell me, It must be hard being the only perfect person in the room.
    Or so my wife tells me. And I agree... she IS perfect.

Here and there and on occasion <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

I hear you, It is tough I know.

Just a reminder. And y'all can feel free to use MY birthday as your reminder ---

1. Birthdays are natures way of telling us to eat more cake.

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

All these years I thought it was to remind me to drink beer and Tequila.

Like The Dude says.....

Man is that ever the truth Kevin.

When the Ex complained the deck I built was too small.
    I replied it's not about the size, it's how hard the wood is.
    That didn't go anywhere near as good as I'd hoped.

One of my old girlfriends (a Finnish girl) used to call me Viljo Metsala. She claimed it translated as 'good wood', and only partly related to my sawdust fixation. But I never looked it up... for all I know it could actually mean something like 'cute clown'...
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks