Page 2184 of 2211 FirstFirst ... 118416842084213421742183218421852194 ... LastLast
Results 76,406 to 76,440 of 77367

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

Rain here since last night...forecast says rain all week. Stay inside amigo...

Doin my best Glen, this kind of weather just knocks the crap out of me.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

"para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

I believe it's past 4:20 in Tulsa and Texas.
    A round of the good stuff for the house!

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Dang I will have one of them Kevin.

Mighty fine looking burger. I'd skip the onion but would relish the rest.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

I agree Fred! And there is the massive heartburn afterward. Me and red meat kinda are at odds with one another. But it’s really good every now and again!!!

Good evening, Garland. I'd probably opt for a single patty. I have a big mouth, but there are limits.

Last edited by Fred Z; 05-16-2021 at 08:21 PM.

Very nice, Fred!

There are very few things that upset my stomach... but raw onions is one. I love 'em well-cooked/carmelized.

Had another of my burgers for lunch... and may not need dinner at all.

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Another fave from Manhatten Transfer --

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Thumbs up Re: Byob !!!!!!

Yeah, the red onion has to go.
    As far as the red meat goes.....I just turn it black on the grill.
    I like lettuce and tomato on my burgers.
    Cheese of course and bacon is nice.
    Some good fries and beer to wash it down.

Smile Re: Byob !!!!!!

Howdy Mista G.!

Anyone in the mood for some Metallica?

I just knew you were a closet head banger Fred.

Fresh coffee made and ready for Kevin, No booze or drugs in it. Helping him get ready for the new knee day.

Booze and drugs are the onlyist things that'll get me through this, Bobby.
    A double shot of doctored coffee please.

Good morning Kevin, I just figgered they told you not to be doing things you like till they get you in and strapped down.

Thumbs up Re: Byob !!!!!!

You know I've come a long way Bobby.
    God willing, I'll still have a long way to go.
    My thanks to all for your support.

You certainly have Kevin and I am proud and feel blessed to know you.

Quote Originally Posted by Domesticated_Mr. Know It All View Post
    You know I've come a long way Bobby.
    God willing, I'll still have a long way to go.
    My thanks to all for your support.
    I'd like to show my support, also, by joining you in a mug of doctored coffee. Please!

Thought I was making a quick shop run this morning to pick up a couple of things where the paint was dry.

First, I wasn't totally happy with the paint, so I rattlecanned another coat.

Then, I got involved with a small dispute next door. Little Hispanic kid I talk to sometimes. He practices his English on me, I do my Spanish-mangling on him. Big ol' truck driver is insisting the kid sign off on a delivery, even though the crate is both marked 'Fragile' and seriously crumpled Kid wants to pop the top and inspect the contents. Gonna take a while. Driver says he'll pound him into the ground if he doesn't sign Right Now, as he's got more deliveries today than he has time for... and NO time for this 'happy horsesh!!'.

I step into view and tell him I heard the screaming, and that anyone would want to inspect with that much damage. He says he can pound both of us into the ground as easily as just the kid. I put on my best Clint Eastwood Macho Act and say he could give it a go. That a fair number of big ol' dumbspits had tried, and he can clearly see I ain't got a mark on me. (He had a nose that had been broken a few times, and one knife scar on his cheek). Suggested he call dispatch beforehand, though, to arrange for a driver to pick up his truck and complete his route... might even save his job.

Poor guy lost it. Almost started crying. He was freaked out already about losing his job and freaked out about his schedule today being the last straw. I suggested the kid sign off with a notation of 'severely damaged crate, driver has no time to wait for inspection'... and that I'd serve as the Neutral Third Party to witness the inspection while the driver scooted. He lunged at that notion like a starving smallmouth, and me the last frog in existence. He drove off. I told the kid to write up whatever he found, and I'd initial it later. Then I put one more coat of black on the wrought iron and came back.

I'm ready for a nap. Even without a tussle, that kinda stuff is exhausting. The adrenaline wears off and I'll be all day recovering. Glad my bs and bluster worked. He was a BIG mofo. I fight dirty, and probably still have enough moves to have finished it quick. But I'm WAY too old for such nonsense.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

David you tooo old for dat chit, cool it dude and drink your coffee,

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    David you tooo old for dat chit, cool it dude and drink your coffee,
    IKR... but the 'autopilot' just kicked in. I guess 'redass' don't wear off no matter how old & decrepit you get. Not that YOU would know anything about that...
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

I agree with you one hundred percent, just a couple of years ago some jerk pissed me off. I was getting out of the car and my wife said what are you doing, told her I was gonna kick that guys a$$. Wife said get back in the car you aint got the equipment to do that anymore. That kinda stung a bit.

Another name for this place:
    Bada$$ Coot Saloon
    You hombres tickle the hell out of me!

Afternoon Glen, not much bada$$ left in this old coot. About all they would have to do is push me over and that would end the fight. I guess if I could get a hold of their hair I could bite their nose off or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Longino View Post
    Another name for this place:
    Bada$$ Coot Saloon
    You hombres tickle the hell out of me!
    Tulsy swears you've got a similar story or 19 to tell. I'm sticking with 'way to genteel a humanitarian' to ever get yourself into such a situation...

Had another of my burgers for lunch. This time with the cheese. And a few jalapenos sprinkled on. Muy delicioso!! Thanks to Kevin for the nudge.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

I am sure I remember Glen telling a story about his nose and a disagreement one night.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    I am sure I remember Glen telling a story about his nose and a disagreement one night.
    He whupped up on someone with his nose? I've tried that a few times. Never seemed all that effective <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

I think you may be missing the outcome of that episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    Good evening, gents.
    My brother had his nose re-configured by a pool cue several years back. The results were a definite improvement, but I was born too old for that kind of chit, so I'll keep what I gots.
    Growing up in rural Oregon... I always say there wasn't much to do. Drink Beer, Chase Women, Race Cars. But I should probably add Fisticuffs For Fun. Among ourselves... and against rival town's sports fans. A few punches. A little rolling around on the ground. Not much of consequence except the occasional lucky punch. Nobody really know how to box, or wrestle. Those of us who knew a tiny bit were way ahead of the game.

But my brother's mob (10-15 years older than I) were rougher. They'd whack their opponent with a 2X4. Lotsa damage possible. They'd walk up behind some opponent tied up with their buddies, lift their shirt and drag the sharp end of a church key down their back. Lotsa blood, always.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    Sumb!tch. I missed out on all that fun stuff.

Admittedly, I did once throw an elbow in anger. Surprised the sh!t out of me that it stopped a potentially nasty fight.
    As with any life lived... lessons are there for the learning. You had opportunities, I suspect, for learning... that I never encountered. Or encountered more rarely. I can't say I regret my early life. I had fun. It certainly gave me a chance to learn some things.

But, for instance, I had a girlfriend once who was from a wealthy family. I was her last fling before she settled into the life her family had planned for her, and married the young minister who'd been asking her for a couple of years. Private school in Switzerland. World travel. Their 'beach shack' in Cannon Beach was maybe 5 bedrooms and 3000+ sq. ft. She drove any car she asked daddy for. Once bought me a wristlet I liked at a local gallery, on a whim, that cost over $1,000. Dumbfounding for me. Just a normal day shopping for her. And yet she wasn't the stereotypical 'spoiled little rich girl'. She was sweet, wholesome, honest, loving, randy, curious, creative, erudite, well-read, and funny. I'd have loved to had had some of the opportunities she was starting to learn not to take for granted.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Morning Guys, another day that the weatherman totally missed his forecast. They have said 80% chance the last three days and we have not had enough rain to even wet the pavement. Oh well they sure get by with things that would get you fired from a normal job and make good money doing it. Coffee is fresh and the beer is cold.