Page 2158 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 115816582058210821482157215821592168 ... LastLast
Results 75,496 to 75,530 of 76511

Thread: Byob !!!!!!

Default Re: Byob !!!!!!

I'm wondering about Curtis also. Do you think THIS is why he hasn't checked in? He's in the lockup?

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/drive...082807658.html
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Morning Mr.G , These hearing aids are Esentia rechargeable. A behind the ear thing with a tiny earbud. Bluetooth compatible, heck the unit even matches my hair color. I do wonder about Curt but I guess sooner or later he will check in.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Some of those wild Florida Cougars that live in his neighborhood may have caught him alone and taken advantage of the guy.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Good day Fred, there is a bridge a lot closer to Curt if he wanted to jump.

Geez I wish a bunch of you old codgers would retire so you would have time to bs in this here pub. It mst be close to five o'clock some where. Ice cold Modelo Negra today. Just got to say it is way to cold for my taster.

I'm still around. Not feeling too bad at all, but keep waiting for it to come on like it did y'day afternoon... so I haven't really started anything but some emails and phone calls.

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Thumbs up Re: Byob !!!!!!

Just past 4:20 here.
    Close enough eh?

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Sound legit...
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Hey Guys good to see you here. David I hope that leaves you soon and Kevin, aint 4:20 kinda like the five o'clock thing?

Cool Re: Byob !!!!!!

I wish I could say I smoked a joint on Further David.

Too cool!

I'm retired man, the clock means nothing to me Bobby.

Kevin you ever et any poke greens? You go out in the early summer and it grows mostly a long fence lines or under high lines where birds drop the seeds. You pick it when it is small and just a few leaves on it. A little ham hock or salt pork and boil it up. If you like other greens you will like it. Not hard to get if you don't mind the chiggers and the occasional snake.

Oh they say it is poison but there are a lot of folks that et a bunch of it. Why they call it salad I don't know. It looks just like cooked spinach or mustard greens when you cook it

Around here, my sweetie collects young dandelion greens. Not bad if you don't let them get bitter.

David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Hey David, I think that is the way with most greens. That poke weed will get five or six feet tall and make those purple berries, way past eating at that stage.

Hey Fred, it comes from bird dropping seeds around. I have probably ate a pick up load of that stuff growing up. Like all greens a big grocery sack of that will cook down to a large pan full. Never hurt any one in my family. Maybe the southern stain is different than up north stuff.

Aughh.
    I got my second shot yesterday. Then rototilled the garden.
    I feel like I fell down the stairs.
    Its 40º today with a steady drizzle and I'm bout freezing to death.
    Made it to the shop where all I could do was clean out a varnish brush.
    Tonight we are having a birthday dinner for my son, I'm going to bee just a barrel of laughs.
    A toke and some tequila might seem to be in order. It might just put me to sleep.

I mostly smoke my greens, if ya's know what I means.
    I like caned greens if I'm eatin em.

Moderna shot. Mostly hurt myself rototilling I think. The resident nurse says no motrin so I'm suffering through.

Well Kevin I don't smoke and really never did, a couple of cigars and maybe three cigs. I have been in rooms where the smoke was so thick you had to part it to see where you were going. The tobacco kind and the herbal Kind. Anything I smoke is on the grill.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Z View Post
    I do know what you mean, Kevin.
    I've never ever liked greens. I will only eat Swiss Chard and Lacinato Kale, cooked down in soup.
    Kevin does that roll your own herbs thing Fred, but you knew that.

I remember being beat up by a 2 man powered post hole digger.
    Tore me new one, now I got two.

y'all have never had my greens

just say'n

modeled after my mom's maid's greens
    collards, stripped from their stems simmered with smoked hamhock or hogjawl and sugar
    served with homemaid pepper sauce and skillet cornbread

bitter, sweet, salty, and hot all at the same time
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

You're s'posed to have another man helping you.
    Some of us are just too stubborn & ornery to even FIND an assistant.

Though I'd have figured to hear such a story outta Tulsy before from the likes of Kev. <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

I did, the guy was huge.
    He cried more than i did.
    That was just an evil machine.

Pless I grew up eating greens and I still love all of them. Is there any other way to fix them than that recipe?

I lived in Chattanooga for two years (early 1958 to early 1960), and I honestly found no Southern cooking palatable. Gave a lot of it a try, but - nope.
    fried chicken?
    fried catfish??
    barbecue???
    seriously????

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Some of us are just too stubborn & ornery to even FIND an assistant.

Though I'd have figured to hear such a story outta Tulsy before from the likes of Kev. <G>
    All the post holes I dug were with post hole diggers a wrecking bar and at times dynamite. There might be a story or two there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    Is there any other way to fix them than that recipe?
    sautéed in bacon grease or braised

i can recall my parents throwing barbecue or fish fry parties and my mom's maid, her name was bertha, cooking so many collards that she washed the first in the washing machine

Chris, Glad you got your shot Tequila makes everything better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    All the post holes I dug were with post hole diggers a wrecking bar and at times dynamite. There might be a story or two there.
    When I lived in Texas, I helped my assistant's husband dig a half dozen post holes at their place while the kids & women played with the horses and tended the grill. It was caliche. As you say, very little digging involved. Lotsa sledge and bar work. Only after we got it busted up could we pluck it out with the clamshells. One more reason not to live in crazy places!!! <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Fred is a troubled soul Paul, no catfish or grits. Dang is all I can say.

I loved much of the Southern cooking when I lived down there. So much good stuff.

When I was on-site at the Civic Convention Center project I'd always walk up to Franklin's for a bbq lunch. I wanted to try it all, but it was hard to tear myself away from the brisket. Never did care much for all the stinkin' WonderBread, though. I suspect that is a historical accident that lingers... and detracts.

My boss was Spanish/Basque, and he had a Basque restaurant he was partial to. I remember a delicious potato/tuna stew. And being surprised at how good baby squid in its own ink was.

But nowhere does cornbread like the South. Pretty much anywhere I had it in Texas... and my own grannies (she was from N. Carolina). And buttermilk biscuits with gravy? Delicioso!! And I'm not a huge fried chicken guy... but they did it right. And I don't think I ever ran across a bowl of chili that wasn't superior.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Remember, I was only one and two generations from my Polish and German heritage. My mother grew up in a Polish enclave in Chicago, so she may as well have been first generation. For five years, I had a rather limited diet.
    do you still eat cabbage rolls?