Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's a pretty lady living in my old boat.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a pretty lady living in my old boat.

3 days without a comment. I hope the reason was an unfortunate choice of thread title.

Schooner sailors love to get blown offshore!

I'm gonna watch it .
    Maybe next time . ' Pizza gets eaten on a boat' ,that'd be guaranteed to get watches. ( doesn't matter if there's no pizza.)

Comment

Thank you for the response, but this isn't exactly the sort of comment I was hoping for.

That's a brilliant idea. I imagine that it can be quite effective. I, however, have a deeply seated religious belief that thread titles, however misleading or cryptic they might be, should at least make some reference to the subject they are titling.

AND...I think the words "Pretty Lady" will trump (small t) your "Pizza" with this crowd.

Comment

I did watch it , great to see the boat , but living like that is in another world for a guy like me.

Comment

Geez. It's all too perfect. Perfect boat(s). Perfect accoutrements. Perfect dogs. You can guess the rest.

Mickey Lake
          'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

Comment

That's kinda my feeling also. I have nothing but praise for her current owner. Kelpie is getting all of the love that she deserves. But...the video gives the feeling that she is a museum display. Carefully packing up the antique china and glassware was never part readying a boat to go sailing, for me. Polishing the brass before each charter was more beautification than I ever wanted to do. I like verdigris.

Comment

bit ot the ol' HGTV influence goin on

Comment

I'd like to think that Kelpie was staged for the video. Her captain gave me the impression that she enjoys living in a "Model Home". In the video, she mentioned that Kelpie has an extremely busy charter season. The ole gal gets ample opportunity to stretch her legs. That makes me very happy.

Comment

I have seen her over at Sag Harbor over the past couple of years. She is magnificent, and doesn’t look like she just sits.

Classy in every aspect.
                  Last edited by nedL; 09-19-2023, 10:27 AM.

Comment

When she was in SoCal, we chartered year round, but mostly just weekends. Current skipper says she's booked solid for the season. Quick math says she is now working 25% to 35% more than when I sailed her. That is a lot of sailing. And we had a chance to work on her between charters.

The best thing you can do for a sailboat is to sail her!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎