• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gerarddm
    #RESIST
    • Feb 2010

Re: Alabama Man

" There's a LOT of stupid people in this country " - Bill Maher

It is depressing how many threads that is an apt quote for.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

Comment

• Curtism
      Treadin' Trodden Trails
      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by bamamick
      In regards to a recent protest in Mobile, people are saying that the I-10 corridor (from Jacksonville to San Diego) is the most traveled route among human traffickers in the U.S. right now. I am totally oblivious to what that means, honestly. Do they mean that there are people from Latin America being forced to work for little if any wages, or do they mean Americans are being kidnapped? Or both?

As far as the OP goes, you could do Alaska next, then Arkansas and so on. Crazy, violent, horrific behaviour is all around us. All of us.

Mickey Lake
      I'm not sure we'd want to know all that goes on on our highways . . . But your last line is exactly my point. Yeah, we have our share of criminals and many of them end up in Tallahassee (our Capitol), and the media, and subsequently the armchair pyoondites here, have been milking stories out of Florida for-ever. Yes, our politics provide a target rich environment for professional and amateur mudslingers alike.

Next time one of you knuckleheads posts a reply like, "Florida Man", aside from being lazy, poorly thought out feedback, keep in mind, almost every resident here likely hails from somewhere near you . . . (Ok, Ron Desantis is homegrown from Jacksonville, says a lot of stupid crap and you should flog him when the mood strikes. Same goes for the idiot sherriff in Marion county.)

But stop with the "Florida Man" bullspit already!

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Comment

• David G
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Paul Pless
        where is mdh from?
        Dunno... where was bbbbbbbys from?
        David G
        Harbor Woodworks
        https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Comment

• David G
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Curtism
          Yeah, I figured you'd go there, given your fondness for low hanging fruit.
          I get it. Sane, reasonable human beings don't love being lumped together with the knuckleheads in their state. I'm not real fond of being from the only state ever to specifically, constitutionally, forbid black people.

But I am. Doesn't do me, or anyone, any good to deny it, or bristle when someone reminds me. All I can do is attempt to set a counter-example, and correct things as I'm able.

I've never used the 'Florida Man' label, as I haven't seen enough evidence that the state has earned that sort of special recognition. Though I've seen some. So are you saying you reckon your state wouldn't make the Top10 list in that regard? Who you figger would be ahead of you? <G>
          David G
          Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Comment

• Curtism
            Treadin' Trodden Trails
            • Jul 2010

What I'm getting at is that I'm weary of the broad brush, lumping together, leg humping smearing that goes on. Not just here but worldwide. This forum is but a microcosm of attitudes that pervade our society and a shift is afoot. I guess what I'm suggesting is that the seperatism has past its best by date.
            Are you ready to help? Or continue to hinder? (Meaning the proverbial 'you'.)

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Comment

• David G
              • Dec 2003

What I'm getting at is that I'm weary of the broad brush, lumping together, leg humping smearing that goes on. Not just here but worldwide. This forum is but a microcosm of attitudes that pervade our society and a shift is afoot. I guess what I'm suggesting is that the seperatism has past its best by date.
              Are you ready to help? Or continue to hinder? (Meaning the proverbial 'you'.)
              I stand ready to applaud improvement, respect individual effort, and ridicule idiocy... whichever is appropriate.
              David G
              Harbor Woodworks

Comment

• oznabrag
                Historical Illiterate
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by David G
                I stand ready to applaud improvement, respect individual effort, and ridicule idiocy... whichever is appropriate.
                Oh dry up.
                Rattling the teacups.

Comment

• David G
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by oznabrag
                  Oh dry up.
                  Go Find Yourself
                  David G
                  Harbor Woodworks

Comment

• oznabrag
                    Historical Illiterate
                    • Nov 2008

Pore l'il feller.

It's possible the world doesn't see him as the final arbiter of everything.

A sad day.
                    Rattling the teacups.

Comment

• johnw
                      • Nov 2001

But stop with the "Florida Man" bullspit already!
                      You ain't the boss o' me!

I do prefer The Onion's 'area man' trope more.
                      On the trailing edge of technology.

https://www.amazon.com/Outlaw-John-L.../dp/B07LC6Y934

http://www.scribd.com/johnmwatkins/documents

http://booksellersvsbestsellers.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...