They hanged Mussolini from a lamp post...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobbys
    • Jun 2009

Re: They hanged Mussolini from a lamp post...

Originally posted by Keith Wilson
    Italy didn't have any leftist partisans in 1935 either. When things go south, people learn new skills. Let us all sincerely hope it never comes to that in the US.

And let me also make it perfectly clear, while I think Mr Trump is a loathsome and dangerous person, likely a criminal, I wish anything that happens to him to be done strictly according to the law.
    How can he be likely a criminal if he never committed a crime..?

Comment

• Landrith
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by S.V. Airlie
      Now that's true. He was dead before he was strung up along with his mistress.Am not sure how your statement makes an anti-gun connection but....

PS, I have yet to hear anyone opposed to guns as in take them away from gun owners which is the NRA's mantra, I and the ones I know want enforcement etc. of the gun laws as to who is allowed to have them. Yes, some should be banned outright; MR 15s for example. You don't need on for hunting unless you can't hit a barn door.
      Valerio and Bellini didn't have books in their hand, they had guns when they were part of their unit's effort to control territory being taken from the government of Italy by the people...

It is not a Constitutional right to hunt. It is actually a right to protect from Tyranny...So you got to have the ability to use a current military firearm. Of course, we grew up in an era where that was interpreted as the States had the right...not the individual.
      "Bai'r llywodraeth yw e." Tollbooth (2021)

Comment

• TomF
        Recalcitrant Heretic
        • Jun 2003

You ever meet someone who told you about some illegal thing they did, but got away with?
        If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

• bobbys
          • Jun 2009

Yes you can, you watch FOX NEWS every day and listen to rush for what three hours everyday.!
          If I'm not binge watching the golden girls ....yes.

Comment

• Shang
            • Sep 2000

Although anyone who has read the forum at all realizes I'm not a fan of Mr Trump, he's not nearly as bad as Mussolini.
            He made the trains run on time...No! Wait a minute, that's yesterday's train...

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
              Ancient Mariner
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Landrith
              It is not a Constitutional right to hunt. It is actually a right to protect from Tyranny...So you got to have the ability to use a current military firearm. Of course, we grew up in an era where that was interpreted as the States had the right...not the individual.
              If you need an MR 15, You had better find a different occupation. Could I suggest yo take up chess? Oh wait, chess takes a lot of forethought and experience. Never mind! And the key is interpreted. The Constitution refers to a well organized militia, are you a member of one, meet 3x's a week on the commons to practice? Didn't think so.

Comment

• Keith Wilson
                Trying to be reasonable
                • Oct 1999

Originally posted by Shang
                He made the trains run on time...
                Actually he didn't, but why worry abut that now?

I do like this quote attributed to him, probably falsely: "It is not impossible to govern the Italians, merely useless."
                "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
                for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Comment

• Landrith
                  • Aug 2005

Originally posted by TomF
                  You ever meet someone who told you about some illegal thing they did, but got away with?
                  Yes all the time. They are usually telling it to my face as they do it to me. They most often are working for large corporations traded on the NYSE. Those that aren't are usually working for some government entity...How do you think the rich get rich?

Comment

• bobbys
                    • Jun 2009

Actually he didn't, but why worry abut that now?

I do like this quote attributed to him, probably falsely: "It is not impossible to govern the Italians, merely useless."
                    I liked it when they had the HOT gal running things, if only I could post a pic.

Comment

• bobbys
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by TomF
                      Actully, no, they know better.

Comment

• Landrith
                        • Aug 2005

If you need an MR 15, You had better find a different occupation. Could I suggest yo take up chess? Oh wait, chess takes a lot of forethought and experience. Never mind! And the key is interpreted. The Constitution refers to a well organized militia, are you a member of one, meet 3x's a week on the commons to practice? Didn't think so.
                        Go easy on me. I was conforming in advance to your perspective. I was a member of a semi organized militia for 18 years. During most of that time we were 90% combat ready while regular Army units were usually only about 60%. We always thought we were the state's militia, in actuality we were federally funded and controlled. The real state militia members were never known to us and they didn't meet once a month. But, if you read conspiracy rags like Vanity Fair and Gore Vidal's article on the OKC bombers you will see an accurate account of what my state's real militia were doing to help build the bomb used.

I don't shoot guns or own any assault rifles because after 18 years shooting is less fun for me than a roofer has pounding nails.

Comment

• SKIP KILPATRICK
                          • Jan 2013

At this point I'd settle for throwing a shoe at him!

Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
                          ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Comment

• bobbys
                            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by webishop14
                            If it was good enough for Il Duce, it ought to be good enough for Il Douche.

And maybe mr. barr as well. The question really has now become "just how far are we willing to let this ****ole go?"
                            Perhaps a clue why .liberals are targeting Barr.

Reuters
                            FILE PHOTO - U.S. Attorney General William Barr at the FBI National Academy Graduation Ceremony in Quantico, Virginia, U.S., June 7, 2019 REUTERS/Tom BrennerREUTERS

BY SARAH N. LYNCH

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Attorney General William Barr will not recuse himself from involvement in the new indictment unveiled this week by federal prosecutors in Manhattan charging financier Jeffrey Epstein with sex trafficking, a Justice Department official said Tuesday.

The official added, however, that Barr has been and will remain recused from overseeing the department's review into how federal prosecutors in Florida, including now-Labor Secretary Alex Acosta, previously reached a plea deal with Epstein that has since come under scrutiny as being too lenient.

His recusal in that review stems from Barr's prior work with the law firm Kirkland & Ellis. Acosta also previously worked at the firm.

(Reporting by Sarah N. Lynch; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama).

Clinton may no longer be useful.

Comment

• SKIP KILPATRICK
                              • Jan 2013

Who?
                              Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
                              ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Comment

• Keith Wilson
                                Trying to be reasonable
                                • Oct 1999

Ladies and gentlemen, Landrith has just called domestic terrorists, mass murderers, those who killed 168 innocent civilians including 19 young children in a day care center, "my state's real militia".
                                "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
                                for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Comment

Working...