Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LeeG
    • May 2002

Re: Alex Jones' bad day

Definitely time for consequences. He’s one expression of the “sticking it to..” ideology

Comment

• Flying Orca
      Ruth, feck, and gorm
      • Jan 2007

One takes a certain pleasure in seeing ratfsckers get schooled.

What are you doing about it?

Comment

• LeeG
        • May 2002

Alex Jones, the kind of guy Trumpism needed.

Comment

• David G
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by LeeG
          Definitely time for consequences. He’s one expression of the “sticking it to..” ideology
          Originally posted by Flying Orca
          One takes a certain pleasure in seeing ratfsckers get schooled.
          Yes! And Lee is correct, and that truth is critical. Those instructions should have included a reminder of the consequences the judge is empowered to impose, and the warning that she's done talking... next step is (whatever she decides... but actual consequences). He's a very slow learner who's lived in his own delusional bubble for a long time. It WILL take more than words to pop that bubble now.
          David G
          Harbor Woodworks
          https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Comment

• Lew Barrett
            Landlocked
            • Dec 2005

A giant white head pimple begging to be popped.
            One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Comment

• LeeG
              • May 2002

I wonder how Faux News covered this.

Comment

• LeeG
                • May 2002

Originally posted by Lew Barrett
                A giant white head pimple begging to be popped.
                ewwwwww

Comment

• John Smith
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LeeG
                  I wonder how Faux News covered this.
                  Interesting question.
                  "Banning books in spite of the 1st amendment, but refusing to regulate guns in spite of "well regulated militia' being in the 2nd amendment makes no sense. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

Comment

• C. Ross
                    • May 2007

#15!!!

Im a turn the other cheek forgiveness kind of dude. Pretty zen.

But that video is something even I have wanted to see for a long time. A dittohead, InfoWars, MAGA kind of guy finally pinned down and held to account. It’s remarkably satisfying to watch.

Comment

• John Smith
                      • Mar 2009

What's the max the jury can award? Is there a max?

This is a civil suit for money. At some point his speech was outside what is covered by the first amendment, and ought to be criminal. Perjury may land him in jail.
                      "Banning books in spite of the 1st amendment, but refusing to regulate guns in spite of "well regulated militia' being in the 2nd amendment makes no sense. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

Comment

• TomF
                        Recalcitrant Heretic
                        • Jun 2003

The plaintiffs' lawyers suggest that Jones be fined $1 for every American whose opinion about Sandy Hook may have been influenced by exposure to Jones' repeated claims that the killings never occurred, and that the parents are all " crisis actors."

They've found a 3rd party survey which suggests 150M Americans were exposed to that garbage.

That's just compensation for pain and suffering. The dollar figure is before any punitive damages folks may pursue.

Bear in mind that according to the figures on Jones' phone, during CPAC, Jones' business selling Infowars branded supplements and snake oil grossed about $800k/day.

The wages of sin may be death, ultimately, but they're pretty steep in the interim too I suspect.
                        If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

• skuthorp
                          • Jan 2002

This is NOT your show! I like her, just what you need on the SC………………………...

Comment

• Canoeyawl
                            • Jun 2003

I was just driving and listening to NPR, and they mentioned that Alex's lawyer in responding to the subpoena, sent the entire contents of his phone...
                            Oops - if this is true it could get interesting

Comment

• TomF
                              Recalcitrant Heretic
                              • Jun 2003

Beau has an interesting video up. Observes that Jones is very, very connected to the upper tiers of Trumpworld. And that the privileges which all lapsed respecting whatever is on that phone will be of some .. interest .. to his pen pals about Jan6. Beau suggests that Jones' phone may become prominent in a couple of episodes of the 2nd season of the J6 show.

I think Jones is essentially a WWE wrestler who thinks he does commentary. And that he may be able to do a "heel turn" for the ages, if encouraged enough.

Still hope he's broken and penniless after this suit though.
                              If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

• Canoeyawl
                                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by TomF
                                Beau has an interesting video up. Observes that Jones is very, very connected to the upper tiers of Trumpworld. And that the privileges which all lapsed respecting whatever is on that phone will be of some .. interest .. to his pen pals about Jan6. Beau suggests that Jones' phone may become prominent in a couple of episodes of the 2nd season of the J6 show.

I think Jones is essentially a WWE wrestler who thinks he does commentary. And that he may be able to do a "heel turn" for the ages, if encouraged enough.

Still hope he's broken and penniless after this suit though.
                                Broken, penniless and ill, maybe lead poisoning

Comment

Working...