X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tylerdurden
    Banned
    • Jul 2006

Re: Who makes up Limbaugh's audience?

Ever heard Carlin's take on ol, Rushbo. He doesn't go into the Domincan boy thing but he covers the Cigars. I would post it but it's pretty descriptive.

Comment

• Paul Pless
      pinko commie tree hugger
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by John Smith
      Who makes up Limbaugh's audience?
      Just from what I've read here on the forum, I'd say its mostly enraged pinko wannabes. . .

I can't think of a single conservative that I respect that has posted a thread or link that originated with praise for Limbaugh.
      Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Comment

• ILikeRust
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Osborne Russell
        One spoke of her experience with the birth control issue. The other offers herself as a potential President, offering her ignorance, bigotry, viciousness and cunning as her principal qualifications.
        Translation: yes, it is perfectly acceptable to refer to conservative women as c*nts and bitches, but incredibly offensive and outrageous to use any misogynistic or denigrating term towards a liberal woman.

OK, thanks for the clarification.
        - Bill T.
        - Ashland, VA

Motorcycles or sailboat; either way I'll be camping.

Comment

• Osborne Russell
          • Mar 2006

the same as saying that Reverend Wright's words control the attitudes of our President.
          One would not have been heard of more than a few blocks away had not the President been present; the President repudiated the remarks.

The other has the widest-circulation talk show in America and the principal Republican candidates affirm his remarks.
          Do not speak of "our institutions" unless you make them yours by acting on their behalf.

Timothy Snyder, On Tyranny (2017)​

Comment

• Tylerdurden
            Banned
            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Paul Pless
            Just from what I've read here on the forum, I'd say its mostly enraged pinko wannabes. . .

I can't think of a single conservative that I respect that has posted a thread or link that originated with praise for Limbaugh.
            I can think of a few. Maybe its Alzheimer's Paul. Get checked.

Comment

• John of Phoenix
              • Jun 2001

"...that I respect..." being the operative here.

Comment

• BrianW
                not your average member
                • Nov 2002

Damn. "ILikeRust" nailed it, epoxied it, but on the final coat, fastened the "whiskey plank", or whatever else you want to call it.

The truth is going to hurt to faithful.

Too bad it won't stop them.
                “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”― Mark Twain,

Comment

• Tylerdurden
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2006

Originally posted by BrianW
                  Damn. "ILikeRust" nailed it, epoxied it, but on the final coat, fastened the "whiskey plank", or whatever else you want to call it.

The truth is going to hurt to faithful.

Too bad it won't stop them.
                  Just hoping neither one was Catholic. They could be in danger

Comment

• Concordia 33
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Osborne Russell
                    One would not have been heard of more than a few blocks away had not the President been present; the President repudiated the remarks.

The other has the widest-circulation talk show in America and the principal Republican candidates affirm his remarks.
                    Ahh, but he did not originally repudiate the remarks, not for the first 20 years in that church, nor in the speech that gave Chris Matthews a tingling down his leg. He finally repudiated it when the media storm could not be settled. To Rush's credit he apologized withing 5 days whereas it took President Obama years before it cause a cognitive dissonance for him.
                    * _______________________________________ )

Comment

• bobbys
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Chris Coose
                      I can tell you this morning who is not listening.
                      WGAN is the local host of this pig. There is a Move On petition to the station that was created within the last 24 hours and there are nearly 3,000 signatures and looks like 80% are pissed off Maine women.
                      Facebook seems to be the conduit.

When the TV first started putting on objectionable stuff we on the right were told just do not turn it on if it upsets you.

I can issue this same advice to these woman that probably were the ones to say do not listen..

But that's what is nice about being a liberal one's stance varies on the situation.

Comment

• BrianW
                        not your average member
                        • Nov 2002

Oh. As to the original question, which was actually less a question, and more a lead in to some hind sight benefited and slightly inaccurate boasting...

The only people I know who listen to Rush, are liberals.
                        “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”― Mark Twain,

Comment

• Chip-skiff
                          Wolves Without Borders
                          • Jan 2008

I never hear his voice, except when some other media outlet plays a clip. Or when the excavation guy comes to dig up our septic tank, and has the radio blasting in the cab of his backhoe.

I grew up in a right-wing nut home and have been surrounded by right-wing nuts most of my life, here in the rural western U.S. Thus, I can predict virtually every word that issues from Rush's fat mouth, because I've heard it in endless variations for decades. It doesn't make any more sense now than when I first heard it during John Birch Society meetings at our house, with a Nevada congressman (Walter Baring) dozing off after two bourbon highballs.

As Mr. Shakespeare wrote, I would sooner listen to my dog bark at a crow.

Comment

• ILikeRust
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Chip-skiff
                            As Mr. Shakespeare wrote, I would sooner listen to my dog bark at a crow.
                            Can you at least understand or recognize that there are plenty who feel precisely the same way about, say, Chris Matthews, Rachel Maddow, or the cackling "left-wing nut" (to borrow your term of endearment) hens on "The View"?

And that this does not make such people evil, stupid or ignorant; just merely viewing the world differently than you?
                            - Bill T.
                            - Ashland, VA

Comment

• Chip-skiff
                              Wolves Without Borders
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by ILikeRust
                              Can you at least understand or recognize that there are plenty who feel precisely the same way about, say, Chris Matthews, Rachel Maddow, or the cackling "left-wing nut" (to borrow your term of endearment) hens on "The View"?

And that this does not make such people evil, stupid or ignorant; just merely viewing the world differently than you?
                              They are, in my experience, often stupid, ignorant, or both. Evil? Who knows? That's not my call.

Your assumption seems to be that everyone is programmed by some media source or other, but I don't listen to Maddow, Matthews, or MSNBC either. I do, however, know the difference between right and wrong.

Comment

• ILikeRust
                                • Dec 2008

They are, in my experience, often stupid, ignorant, or both.
                                I see. So those who don't want to listen to Rush Limbaugh or other right-wing talkers are sensible, intelligent and enlightened. Those who don't want to listen to left-wing talkers are stupid, ignorant or both. Gotcha.

Your assumption seems to be that everyone is programmed by some media source or other
                                Not at all. Although I often hear commentators on the left whining about how conservatives and Republicans "take their marching orders from Rush"

I do, however, know the difference between right and wrong.
                                So then you'll agree with me that this was wrong:

- Bill T.
                                - Ashland, VA

Comment

Working...