Thread: Repairing Orbital Sander

Default Repairing Orbital Sander

I have a Rigid 6 inch orbital sander. The pad seems to stop spinning with the littlest of pressure. Any ideas on how to repair that? Does it need a new belt under the pad perhaps? Thanks all.

Default Re: Repairing Orbital Sander

I assume you bought it at HD? If so, they don't do repair work, nor sell parts AFIK. But call them. They can tell you who the local service folks are. Bring it to the service folks, and they can probably tell you wassup. Then you can decide whether to buy the requisite part, or leave it with them for repair.

Most RO's have an O-ring, or pad, or some other gizmo to allow them to soft-start. These wear out periodically - esp. if you lean on the sander while operating it. I'm guessing this is what's going on.

G'luck

Here is a parts diagram for the Rigid from: http://www.ereplacementparts.com/

I repaired a Porter Cable 7335 were the screw that holds the eccentric counter-weight came loose. It was a design flaw, and the repair with the newly designed replacement parts from them was easy.
    Steve Martinsen

I have had two PC's fail because of the O-Ring. Simple and easy to fix.

Check with Ridgid. I believe they have a lifetime warranty on their power tools.
    Robert

"Theirs is the curse of the Gypsy blood..."