Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494103104
Results 3,606 to 3,607 of 3607

Thread: Redwing update

Default Re: Redwing update

I hope you get your hole sorted! Look forward to seeing your rig up, and if you can raise it without use of a winch its not overly heavy. How many control lines have you got? Do you have seperate controls for the luff at the head and foot or use the "hong kong" parrells? (single line?)

Default Re: Redwing update

Quote Originally Posted by skaraborgcraft View Post
    I hope you get your hole sorted! Look forward to seeing your rig up, and if you can raise it without use of a winch its not overly heavy. How many control lines have you got? Do you have seperate controls for the luff at the head and foot or use the "hong kong" parrells? (single line?)
    I have two Barlow 15s but I’ve never used them for raising the sail. There are three lines:
    Halyard for raising the sail.
    Yard hauling parcel for pulling the yard sling point in close to the yard.
    And lastly the luff hauling parcel, this attaches to forward end of the yard and basically dips the yard to help the sail set properly without too many wrinkles.
    I did use Hong Kong parcels to start with but found I didn’t need them when I set up the LHP.
    The definition of stupid has got to be the belief that more guns will negate the bloodshed done with guns.