Thread: New 'Whio' under construction

Cool New 'Whio' under construction

Yep, Peter Sewell is building another one, this time for sale. When I saw it a couple of weeks ago, the hull was well advanced, and its one his website. See http://www.steamlaunch.co.nz/Workshop.html

Actually the pictures on the website aren't up to date, Peter is more interesting in building things than taking pictures of them I think. Have a look through his website, there is some interesting stuff there, including sailing pictures of 'Silver Tern', the enlarged Iain Ougtred 'Arctic Tern'

Hope this is of interest.

Daniel

P.S. You can buy plans of Whio and build your own if you want

Default Re: New 'Whio' under construction

Here's one he made earlier.....

and very nice it is too.......
    We don't know how lucky we are....

agreed, very nice indeed!
    Larks

“It’s impossible”, said pride.
    “It’s risky”, said experience.
    “It’s pointless”, said reason.
    “Give it a try”, whispered the heart.

LPBC Beneficiary

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great!"

Pete let me have a drive of Whio a couple of years back down at the Nelson Classic boat thing on lake Rotoiti, its a cool boat all right, not that this blow boater knew what he was doingI didn't hit anything or break anything, so that was handy. Later on we pulled a skier behind it!

Certain is cool John. I've been out on it a few times, and spent some time at the controls, just awesome, and thats from someone who doesn't mind pottering along at 5 knots! Definitely the coolest, most stylish boat to go fast in, and also a great boat to fool the modern gin palace owners with too, lots of them can't keep up with her.
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by dhic001 View Post
    Yep, Peter Sewell is building another one, this time for sale. When I saw it a couple of weeks ago, the hull was well advanced, and its one his website. See http://www.steamlaunch.co.nz/Workshop.html

Actually the pictures on the website aren't up to date, Peter is more interesting in building things than taking pictures of them I think. Have a look through his website, there is some interesting stuff there, including sailing pictures of 'Silver Tern', the enlarged Iain Ougtred 'Arctic Tern'

Hope this is of interest.

Daniel

P.S. You can buy plans of Whio and build your own if you want
    Hello Daniel

Just read your post of 2008. The link to find out about the Whio plans does not work anymore. Do you know if the plans are still available and how to get them?
    Thanks
    Arthur
    Antwerp/Belgium