Re: Blackberry Launch
Here's how to post photos here -
First - don't attach photos. Most web forums don't allow it, and space limitations are the main reason why.
Second - Instead of attaching them to a thread, post the pics on the web somewhere. You have a free website area with any paid ISP's email account, or use www.picturetrail.com or other free hosting service.
Once posted on the web, right-click the image to copy the URL (web address). Always test first by pasting the image URL into the window of a web browser and see if the image displays.
Remember, the IMAGE URL will end in .jpg, not .htm or html. URLs ending in .htm are the page that the image is at, not the image location itself. If the image URL ends in other code, try deleting everything after the "xxxxxx.jpg" part of the URL to get it to display on web forums.
Third - once posted on the web, try this procedure while logged in to this Forum:
1. Click the "User CP" link in the browser window in the top left of the menu bar.
2. Click the "Edit Options" link about 1/4 of the way down the left column.
3. In the "Misc Options" at the bottom of the next page, select "Enhanced Interface" from the pulldown list.
4. Once this interface has been selected, in any "Reply" window you can click the "insert photo" icon --> a little yellow square icon with the stamp in the upper right corner, the mountains in the lower center.
5. Once the little dialog box titled "Please enter the URL of your image" comes up, paste the URL of the photo in the field.
If unsure of the procedure, test first by pasting the image URL into the window of a web browser.
"The enemies of reason have a certain blind look."
Doctor Jacquin to Lieutenant D'Hubert, in Ridley Scott's first major film _The Duellists_.