Le Choux!! Bien venue!!!

Le Riq

Le Riq!! Bien venue!!!

Good to seez vous!

Choux!
    Now is a good time!

Steward of MAKOTO [WB Magazine #232], and Honored Member of the LPBC

Default Re: Just fore the fun of it:)

Et vouz aussi! Comment allez vous? C'est froid la, n'est ce pas?

Le Riq
    Rick

Lean and nosey like a ferret

Well folks, things have been busy up and around that little dot in the St.Lawrence river called Montreal. More specifically, the little part of that dot called Lachine.

As I mentioned elsewhere on that wild-n-crazy(and personally flattering) polar bear thread of good John B. ,the marina where I have kept most of my boats all my life, is threatened by a closure from the city. We lately deposited an injunction against the city and it now looks like we will be getting our day before a judge sometime in mid-January 2021.

Since the first announcement of this closure on July 8th, this past summer, many of the affected boaters have been alive and active on all sorts of social media platforms. I am a true dolt and ten-thumbed wack-job when it comes to those things but have been helping out behind the scenes by translating,via e-mails, stuff sent to me by the French speaking group.

For those with the time and/or willingness or even the ability to read le francaise, you can check out some of the going ons here:

https://www.facebook.com/sauvonslamarinadelachine/

Yes it is a facebook thing but up here it seems that this is how a lot of things get done. I'm not on any social media platform as such, other then the WB forum, and can appreciate others like myself who just don't do that sort of thing.

There is also an ongoing petition which anyone can sign,if so inclined, over here:

https://www.change.org/p/plaisancier...tion_dashboard

(Hmmmm...that link does not look right....but the change.org petition can be gotten to via the facebook link above)

So....other than the above ongoing nastiness, I am pleased to report that Turtle Bay had an uneventful summer and this mainly due to the consequences imposed by the pandemic. She was hauled out last Friday without any fanfare and not a single zebra mussel either!

I am also carrying the burden of shame regarding my Bo-Truster. Despite entreaties various, and particularly from one rather outstanding individual(oui,je parle de toi,Le Riq) I haven't done a blasted bit of final work on the Bo-Truster. I'm truly at a loss for words and completely void of excuses.

Also, for reasons which I have yet to discover, I have noticed how my photos are not showing up on this thread. At least not for me. I hope to figure out why this is. I have mercifully stumbled across the secret location of my shutterfly login information and so can hopefully begin posting pictures again along with a shaggy dog cruising tale or two.

Until then, I sincerely hope everyone remains vigilant and not let their guard down as the second wave of this pandemic comes crashing through!

Cheers!

Peter
    Do it,do it,do it,do it,do it,do it,do it,now!
    J.Lennon

This boat was built with ten thumbs.No fingers were harmed in anyway.

Good update for the most part. You seem to be in good spirits. I hope you guys win your case and get the marina straight again.
    This sig line is proudly provided by The Wooden Boat Magazine Forum. If it ain't The Wooden Boat Mag, it just a rag.

Quote Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
    Good update for the most part. You seem to be in good spirits. I hope you guys win your case and get the marina straight again.

Hello Ben!!
    Thanks for the encouragement. I hope your health is well and that you have been busy with a boat! While you are here, could you perhaps go back a page or two and let me know if you can see any photos I have posted in the past? I see nothing from here.

If my spirits appear to be good, chalk it up to frequent beatings most gentle from my mistress Nat. She knows how to keep a bad man good....or something like that

Cheers fellow LPBC member!

Peter
    J.Lennon

I went back in time to the page before, your images do not display for me, they have a message instead.
    It says,
    This image is temporarily unavailable
    Please try again later.

I do hope it tells the truth ,but being an old cynic I don't trust it. Not one little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by P.L.Lenihan View Post
    Hello Ben!!
    Thanks for the encouragement. I hope your health is well and that you have been busy with a boat! While you are here, could you perhaps go back a page or two and let me know if you can see any photos I have posted in the past? I see nothing from here.

If my spirits appear to be good, chalk it up to frequent beatings most gentle from my mistress Nat. She knows how to keep a bad man good....or something like that

Cheers fellow LPBC member!

Peter
    You're welcome, Peter.

I am also getting the pic unavailable message.
    This sig line is proudly provided by The Wooden Boat Magazine Forum. If it ain't The Wooden Boat Mag, it just a rag.

Gentlemen,
    Thank you for confirming my worst fears. I almost hoped it was just something untoward I was doing which prevented me from seeing them but no...nothing so easy...I'll have to spend further globs of time scratching my head and other sundry locals, while praying for a solution.

Cheers!

Peter
    J.Lennon

Gentlemen,
    Thank you for confirming my worst fears. I almost hoped it was just something untoward I was doing which prevented me from seeing them but no...nothing so easy...I'll have to spend further globs of time scratching my head and other sundry locals, while praying for a solution.

Cheers!

Peter
    I have to say here that I have been inspired by 'Thumbs' and your various theads. Currently building a Micro, but not like yours, bit sharper at the front and not square in the sections.But still inspired by you.
    A2

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew2 View Post
    I have to say here that I have been inspired by 'Thumbs' and your various theads. Currently building a Micro, but not like yours, bit sharper at the front and not square in the sections.But still inspired by you.
    A2

That is a very kind sentiment to pass on to me Andrew2. I trust you are blessed with 9 thumbs or less and will realize a wonderful creation which will bring you endless joy and that rarest of things, a true sense of self accomplishment!!

Cheers!

Peter
    J.Lennon

Gentlemen,

Cheers!

Peter
    You'll get it figured out. It just takes a little time to get the outs figured.

That is a very kind sentiment to pass on to me Andrew2. I trust you are blessed with 9 thumbs or less and will realize a wonderful creation which will bring you endless joy and that rarest of things, a true sense of self accomplishment!!

Cheers!

Peter
    Mr L, are you trying to give JB nightmares?!!
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post
    Mr L, are you trying to give JB nightmares?!!
    Pardon? Moi? Monsieur Le Riq, svp, how or why could I do that to such a gentleman and catcher of fush?

Pierre, le confused or just le slow.
    J.Lennon

Ah M. de les thombres, pardon moi! Mais, est le nombre de les thombres! Dix c'est bon! Mais neuf ..... c'est problematique pour le Kiwi, JB!

Le Riq
    Rick

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

Good to see the update Peter. I noticed fairly recently that many of the photos weren't showing. I hope you are successful with saving the marina. How is the queen?