Page 95 of 265 FirstFirst ... 4585949596105145195 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,325 of 9251

Thread: Just fore the fun of it:)

Default Re: Just fore the fun of it:)

Quote Originally Posted by BarnacleGrim View Post
    An awful lot of nonsense coming from the Swedes on this thread lately

Edit: look at that, my 2,000th!
    Ah yes Barnaclegrim, another Northern brethren suffering through some mid winter madness. Thanks be, the powers that be, we have boats,projects and other distractons to keep us fueled until summer returns!!

Cheers!

Peter
    Do it,do it,do it,do it,do it,do it,do it,now!
    J.Lennon

This boat was built with ten thumbs.No fingers were harmed in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryden View Post
    Quit being so excitable, you of 127 posts, or we're all liable to hit the medicine hard to calm ourslves.

Cheers!

Peter

P.S. Your little animated creatures are a hoot Ryden. If only they could talk!!
    J.Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by P.L.Lenihan View Post
    I wasn't sure if I should go fetch a coffee, a cigar or some popcorn for this "epic proportions" event you spoke of . I'm relieved to have settled on a glass of Grand Marnier. Cheers dear Rydren for being part of the craziness which has oddly brought this foolish thread so far along. I am most surprised it ever made it so far considering the many far more interesting threads on this forum.
    You're kidding! You know the old chinese proverb "May you live in interesting times" I go for foolish anyday!
    As the "owner" of the 150,000th post, ya wanna cap?
    hapydancsmil.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeadon View Post
    Probably the greatest thread in the history of the WoodenBoat Forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Gibbs View Post
    Probably the greatest post in the history of the WoodenBoat Forum.
    -~: Roughshod Riding Rabble Rousing Rebel :~-
    Peer of The Most Ancient and Noble Order of the Lauging Polar Bear

Quit being so excitable, you of 127 posts, or we're all liable to hit the medicine hard to calm ourslves.
    And 76 of them are in here

I have to celebrate this with a tot of Admiral Rodney's Extra Old St Lucia Rum and stagger of to bed

Alright.I just got home, have booked a month off from work and so find myself posting at this very odd time, just before the gf gets home.
    I seem to have read this a few pages back
    Quote Originally Posted by P.L.Lenihan
    I am now getting dangerously close to being finished.
    Is this why you have taken time off, the boat is getting more and more dangerously close to being finished and needs constant supervision?
    Can we rely on a steady information flow from the bowshed aka St Simons Asylum for the Woodbutchering Insane?

Peter,
    I would also like to offer my congratulations on 150,000+ views. This is by far the most entertaining thread to follow on the forum both because of the construction itself and the commentary from the various members. May the construction process stay strong, the photos and comments keep coming, and may you have an equally cool thread about your adventures aboard the finished vessel. By the way when are we all coming up for the inaugural grand dock-side gala event? Black tie I assume?

All the best,
    - Cam

Quote Originally Posted by Ryden View Post
    Is this why you have taken time off, the boat is getting more and more dangerously close to being finished and needs constant supervision?
    Can we rely on a steady information flow from the bowshed aka St Simons Asylum for the Woodbutchering Insane?

Na, the boat is just the boat.The time off is due to my gf entering the hospital this coming week for surgery.I plan on being there 24/7 for the most important person in my life.Simon will just have to wing it on his own for a spell.

I'll still try to get the rest of the latest door pictures up when and if time presents itself.

Cheers!

Peter.

P.S. Does that crazy little spinning head mean "yes" for a hat?
    J.Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by tigerregis View Post
    This defamation of Canadian/Canadien cuisine has gone too far. If you're hungry just have some poutine and a beer, then go for some Timbits and a double double for dessert.

Spoken like a true Canadian,eh! So take that you naysayers of stuff north of your border..(yes,I'm talkin' ta ya Good Sir David G.!)

Cheers!

Peter
    J.Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by riversailor92 View Post
    Peter,
    I would also like to offer my congratulations on 150,000+ views. This is by far the most entertaining thread to follow on the forum both because of the construction itself and the commentary from the various members. May the construction process stay strong, the photos and comments keep coming, and may you have an equally cool thread about your adventures aboard the finished vessel. By the way when are we all coming up for the inaugural grand dock-side gala event? Black tie I assume?

All the best,
    - Cam

Thank you for your kind words Cam and for following this craziness which this thread represents! The launch date is, of course, a complete mystery to me at the moment but I will post when I have a hard fixed date.Some time early summer,perhaps?

Anyone wishing to join the launching "event" is certainly welcome and please, come dressed for the weather and remember this is a "yard" not a club, thus little in the way of creature comforts for the fairer sex nor for anyone more accustomned to manicured lawns and waiters hovering nearby in the shade. Black ties also welcomed if that happens to be the name of a mixed drink

Cheers!

Peter
    J.Lennon

Congrats on the milestone Peter. Is that a record on this forum? maybe they should be sending you a hat?
    I am all the way over here in Vancouver but I would love an excuse to come out that way. I havent been out there for almost a decade now. But if I cant be there I would surely like to send a bottle of port to celebrate with or to christen with. So keep up the great work.
    Any pics of finished doors?
    Freudian slips : when you say one thing but mean your mother.

Lemonhands,

I am chastised. In the future I shall never avoid an opportunity to say good things (if there are any to be said that don't involve my nose growing) about Canadian Cuisine. I here Kweebec has some nice restaurants <G>

On a more serious note - my bestest of wishes and my biggest of hugs to your paramour!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

I hope you understand this in the spirit it is offered;

T'est plus fou que tu pense si tu mange un melange comme ca!!! Oblie le the glace aussi...c'est la biere ou la guerre!!

Cheers!

Pierre
    I got it.
    http://bensboatblog.blogspot.com/
    When peeing over the side,remember,one hand for you,and one hand for the ship.
    Proud Member Of The Elite LPBC.

Na, the boat is just the boat.The time off is due to my gf entering the hospital this coming week for surgery.
    Nothing serious I hope! May she have a speedy recovery and no post-op troubles. I'll send some happy thoughts westward for a couple of days.

I plan on being there 24/7 for the most important person in my life.Simon will just have to wing it on his own for a spell.
    Absolutely! And we'll wing it as well, you've got your priorities straight.
    Tell Simon to behave or I'll personally gonna fly over there with half a cup of concrete and have the fishes give him a stern moral lecture!

P.S. Does that crazy little spinning head mean "yes" for a hat?
    I dare not say it but I must! YES! My most secret ambition is coming true, I'm shedding tears of joy.
    I will be amongst the pantheon of the Woodbutcher gods!
    I'm not worthy of this honor Sensei

Cheers/Anders
    Last edited by Ryden; 01-20-2011 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Sp.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerregis View Post
    This defamation of Canadian/Canadien cuisine has gone too far. If you're hungry just have some poutine and a beer
    But that's not how you spell...
    Oh!

Peter! This is definitely out of control now. This thread needs some detailed wood butchery narrative to get things back on track! (That was pretty funny though Ryden)
    Chuck Thompson

Days are getting longer by the minute Rick.....exciting times looming over the horizon for you in your Blue Lagoon Bowshed!!
    Indeed they are! The horizon is a lot brighter when I leave the house at 06:00 for work! I've got pretty much everything I need now to get started when that day comes! We'll probably have a lil' party in the shed on that day! Everyone's invited!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    She:Kon, pronounced "Say-go" is a traditional Iroquois greeting that means "Do you still have the Great Peace?" (Old forum name: KnottyBuoyz)

Quote Originally Posted by Soundman67 View Post
    Congrats on the milestone Peter. Is that a record on this forum?
    Peter is on third place behind The PUB light's ON! and Oz Politics down in The Bilge (312,897 and 257,445 views resp.) but I think we're getting there.

Well First place above the bilge is quite an accomplishment. I think this thread will make a fantastic keepsake on your boat Peter. I would print every last entry out and have it bound into a book. It will be really something to read through in a few years when you are relaxing on the deck with a glass of port in your hand.
    Freudian slips : when you say one thing but mean your mother.

... due to my gf entering the hospital this coming week for surgery.
    I'm thinking good thoughts and drinking good beer in your name all week!
    “It doesn’t matter how slowly you go -- so long as you do not stop.”
    -Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by chuckt View Post
    Peter! This is definitely out of control now. This thread needs some detailed wood butchery narrative to get things back on track! (That was pretty funny though Ryden)

Correct you are Chuck, especially with that dear rabble rousing rebel Ryden really riding roughshod all over the place!

So we shall carry on with some door business;

As we last saw, the inner panels of the doors had been given a nice smooth sanding to ensure a loose fit in the slots( I blew my one and only chance to use some Space Balls!) and to knock off any sharp edges which may have a deleterous effect on the finish of choice to be applied later. Now, just in case any of you were wondering about space balls,it has always been my little secret that I.......

"HEY TENNER!"

Hmmm!? Simon? Is that you?

"Of course it's me ya fool! Who the blazes else were you expecting in this icebox you call a bowshed? Now listen here, ya ten thumbed idjit. I don't know what you think you are doing here but I ain't gonna take it much longer! Ya here!?"

Oh Simon,thank God it is you! Please, calm yourself there little feller, what is it that has you in such a state?

"A state? A state!? Whaddya mean "state"? We ain't in no state,ya fool, we is in a province. But I will tell ya what has got me so wound up I could take a 2 B 4 and clock ya one arcoss that empty skull of yours,fool! No lookit here, ya dimwit and please tell me I ain't imagin' these here road spikes........Ya lookin' real good Tenner?!

Oh! Those! Those aren't road spikes Simon. They're just some finishing nails driven though a handy plywood cut off which I plan to use.....

"Ain't no road spikes?!?! Are ya blind or something, ya big jerk?! Cheeses Tenner, these are killer road spikes an' it looks like you was aiming to disable the BCC* an' prevent me from re-locating to keep up with the satellite tracking system I have on board, just to follow your progress!"OOUCH! I almost goosed myself Tenner, ya numbskull!!"

(Holy Mother of Merlot, what did I do to deserve this little plastic bastid?)

"Who ya talkin' to this time,nutjob?!

No one Simon, I was just saying those finishing nails driven through the plywood are going to be used for when I start finishing the innner door panels. They will be really helpful for me to finish both sides at once without worrying about needless delays. Don't worry, no one ws gong to drive the BCC* over those nails.

" Oh is that a fact now Tenner?"

Yup! Just let me remove that board and bring it inside the boat to show you.

See Simon, one innocent board with no evil designs on you BCC*.

And here we see the four inner panels of my two aft cabin doors resting nicely on that board of nails just waiting for me to do some work.

The undeside of the inner panels resting on this wee bed of nails. I'm hoping they will leave nary a trace nor blemish on the Cetol Marine which comes next.

Cheers!

Peter

* BCC=Bowshed Command Center
    J.Lennon

That's the method used when painting electric guitars and the nails will leav a mark unfortunatly, but hopefully your two neurons placed the nails sufficiently outwarths the edges to hide the marks in the assembled door.

It's good to see the thread back on track again after all the craziness that's been going on

Peter I do hope your dearest sweetheart does well with surgery. I have been wondering if she was going to have it in the end. I will be saying some prayers for a great success. I for one am happy to hear you have the month to care for her. Please wish her a speedy recovery!!

Peter, I agree with Ryden, when you do put the boards on the nails, bend down the ones in the middle, basically only use the ones on the edges which are covered in the rabbet. (previous experience tells me that the varnish runs down the nails a bit and you get little bumps....buggers as my son called them)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric D View Post
    I will say this Peter, however you are doing it, by hook or by crook, your work ALWAYS impresses me to no end. You do a damn nice job and I believe that is why everyone monitors this thread, oh, that and your witty responses and jesting are some of the best prose on the net, bar none.
    Thanks for the update, those doors look absolutely fantastic, they will look rather majestic under your hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric D View Post
    [QUOTE
    that quite honestly is exactly what I was talking about when I say you my friend are one of the best, thanks for the laugh. Damn near put Pepsi on the monitor at work.

Cheers!

Hi Eric,

You know it is comments like these of yours which make me feel really bad for not being the owner of a huge successful business in dire need of a director of PR. I'd hire you in a blink of an eye!!!

Thank you,thank you, thank you!!!

Cheers!

Peter
    J.Lennon

Hi Eric,

You know it is comments like these of yours which make me feel really bad for not being the owner of a huge successful business in dire need of a director of PR. I'd hire you in a blink of an eye!!!

Thank you,thank you, thank you!!!

Cheers!

Peter
    Hah, I have to laugh, here I am trying my damnest to come up with something witty, something worthy of this thread to cock off back at you about the PR part and damn it all, I got nothing. Simply nothing. I can think of Port, ok, gee, that was easy, but what about the R...Receiver...um, ah, not so hot. Rectifier...rectiwho?? see what I mean, I got nuthin. Gee, get a compliment from a guy and I get all flustered. Come on Peter, we all know that you would have to be the director of spin since you have such a silvery tongue and the ability to speak in other languages. hell, you have a better grasp of the English language than over half the people I deal with. I guess I should just go back to dealing with Patients now since I am so tongue tied...have a great day.

Oh, congrats on the 150,000 views.

Just 150 000? I would have thought it would be much higher, Hell I'd have thought I'd have that many on my own. Guess I don't have as much time as I thought I did. Maybe I should spend more time on my boat and less on Peter's thread........

northern Georgia, or sometimes Mississippi Delta USA

I hope that the surgery works out well. Best wishes to both you and the GF.

Jimmy

Peter as someone who has so recenty suffered the effects of a very sharp bean tin and THE knife please pass on my very best wishes to the gf. May her recovery be faster than mine.
    My take is that if you poke someone with a sharp stick they'll get annoyed, if you smile and shake their hand they will be your friends.

John Welsford

My best thoughts and wishes for a speedy recovery! Does Simon have your login and password? In that case we'd better keep a close eye on the thread while you're gone.
    1947 Nordic Folkboat "Nina"

Good wishes from here as well, Peter.

bonne chance et courage (said with my rather ridiculous French accent)

Peter...just got home from surgeons...gotta have a couple more surgeries and saw your posting.
    I wish the absolute best for you and yours during this time. I'm pretty well shot but if there is anything I can do to help...just ask and I'll try.
    Very best regards,
    Chuck
    Wakan Tanka Kici Un
    ..a bad day sailing is a heckuva lot better than the best day at work.....
    Fighting Illegal immigration since 1492....
    Live your life so that whenever you lose, you're ahead."
    "If you live life right, death is a joke as far as fear is concerned."

Add my best wishes for a successful surgery and short hospital stay for your girlfriend Peter.
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Dang Peter, you got STICKYD! Good job!

The pressure is really on now...

Wishing all the best to you and your Pretty Eyed Lady.
    There's the plan, then there's what actually happens.

Ben Sebens, RN

Here's wishing her a speedy recovery!

Brian