Grey Seals dead wood is all installed and drilled, but the vertical 3x3 end cap was not pre drilled. I figured I could just drill this from the inside with no problem.
Which I proceeded to do last night. Well it's a long reach from the inside so I needed both extensions
I only had to drill thru 3 1/2" of fir and some epoxy at the end of a 39" hole so I didn't bother to extract the bit frequently to rid it of sawdust.
Well it jambed durring extraction, with only about 2" of the actual bit sticking out of the hole.
This drill has a ton of torque, it bent the tail of the bit and busted my knuckles.
I had to use a socket and ratchet with a 2' pipe extension just to rotate the bit so it would loosen it self and hopefully back out.
It would only back out about 4". Then using the same pc of pipe set into the finaly exposed bit of drill spirel I wailed on it with a 5 lb. hammer a dozen times and it finaly came out.
No damage to the boat TG. But boy was I freeked.