X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nicholasc
    Flâneur • Seattle
    • Feb 2001

Close...but no cigar (American idiom).

It looks like you have trailing spaces on the url. The [img] markup wants a bare url with the protocol (http specified immediately enclosed by the [img] tags without leading or trailing spaces (It's not a very friendly system, is it?)

something like this:

But in retrospect, it looks like the URL you specified isn't an image: it's a link to your ImageStation album:

Get the best of SEO, content writing, and content marketing services from industry experts. With our proven strategy and years experience target the right kind of keywords and audience.

Say...your boat looks pretty sharp (what kind of wood is she decked with?)

“The big joke on democracy is that it gives its mortal enemies the tools to its own destruction,” Goebbels said as the Nazis rose to power—one of those quotes that sound apocryphal but are not.​
    — Adam Gopnik

Comment

• Andrew Craig-Bennett
      Who?
      • Aug 1999

Campos, Frers.....she must be a very nice boat.

But cord lashings have their place - for instance on your guardwires, to break the Faraday Cage - and they are the right way to rig a mast coat. Yes, you can find a stainless steel hose clamp of the requisite diameter, after a deal of searching, and yes it will work just as well, but the effort involved in sourcing such a thing, paying for it, not losing it each year when you lay up, etc is far greater than the effort involved in tying a cord lashing!
      IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Comment

• jerryniff
        • Jun 2003

imghttp://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289773059/img

Here is another try. I found a post that explained it and it states no spaces after img?? Lets see if it works.
        The picture is poor quality because I took it in the evening. The deck is teak but the picture makes it look much lighter than it really is.
        Gerald

Comment

• jerryniff
          • Jun 2003

Well ....... that try didn't work! Nicholas, could you post the exact line of code you entered to make that picture come up? I am starting to think that I am not smart enough to follow instructions so maybe I can learn by example?
          Thanks
          Gerald

Comment

• Paul Scheuer
            • Feb 2002

You've nearly got it.

The URL should look like this: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/p192b39622bc939a02dd883a19c16ac81/fbc61b 90.jpg
            enclosed between the square bracketed [IMG] & [/IMG].

The above is the actual individual Imagestation image URL that Nicholas and I were able to capture by going to your Imagestation album via the link that you provided;
            Then -
            Point to the image,
            Right click,
            Click on "Properties",
            Highlight the URL,
            Copy (all except the http://)
            Paste it in the box that appears when you use the Instant UBB "Image" Code.
            Click OK,
            Close that window.

When you think you've got it, click on "Preview Post". If everything is correct, the image should show on your screen, before it is added to the board.

Nice boat. We expect to see many more pics.

[ 07-04-2003, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: Paul Scheuer ]

Comment

• jerryniff
              • Jun 2003

[ 07-05-2003, 03:11 AM: Message edited by: Gerald ]

Comment

• Paul Scheuer
                • Feb 2002

We see the dreaded Red X here for the Pacific-PhotoIsland URL. It may be temporarly off. You were close with the Imagestation site, and most of us find that the Sony site is a reliable, if cumbersome and slow, site. Don't give up, it gets easier with every encounter.

Comment

• jerryniff
                  • Jun 2003

Xttp://pacific.photoisland.com/sessions/32917658077/18676629lg.jpg

Here goes nothing./////////////////

Thanks guys .... I have finally gotten it!
                  Would this be considered a trailer sailor?
                  Gerald

How can that be????? Above is the way I posted it except for the Xttp was an http and I had the bracketed IMG etc. When I log into the forum I can see the pictures. Will try the deck picture again.

[ 07-05-2003, 03:18 AM: Message edited by: Gerald ]

Comment

• Paul Scheuer
                    • Feb 2002

Deck picture is there, others are not.

pacific.photoisland looks to be legit. This water image from one of their public albums shows in my preview.

[ 07-05-2003, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: Paul Scheuer ]

Comment

• jerryniff
                      • Jun 2003

Paul ..... the water picture shows up fine for me. Wonder what is going wrong that I can view the picture on the forum and you can't??? Oh well.
                      Back to where this all started. I think .... that I have attached a photo of the mast seal flange. My question is this. The mast is 4.5" X 5.5", hole in cabin roof 6" X 7.25", flange hole 7.5" X 9.5". Seems like a REAL large flange to just hold a pc. of cloth? But then again maybe I am just too lazy to run back to the chrome shop to have it re-chromed?
                      Gerald

[ 07-05-2003, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: Gerald ]

Comment

• Paul Scheuer
                        • Feb 2002

Well Gerald, it looks like you've the photo posting solved. I can't help too much with the mast boot, but I'm sure others will.

Comment

Working...