The night before this happened, I was singing the praises of Fein and their deck reefing tool for the Multimaster.
It's dandy all right, but I figure I did less than 50 liner feet before the attachment broke. At about $50 a pop, that's a dollar a foot.
That's the second one I've gone through just doing the cockpit floor and bridge deck. The first one I didn't think much about because I'd bought it a while back, and wasn't sure how much it had been used. As I think about it - and I'd clearly remember reefing deck seams - it hadn't been used either - other than to test in a small spot on the bridge deck to see how it worked.
Not surprisingly, the set of bent files that has been with me through the whole project is just fine
End of rant, but still bummed (and out waaaay too much money)