Thread: Free molds

Default Free molds

I have finished the hull of my Haven 12 1/2 and have no room to store the 22 hull molds. If anyone wants them they are free if you pick them up. Medway, Mass.

Default "FREE" molds, 15'00" ducktrap Wherry

I too have a set of "free" molds, bending jigs and all kinds of building templets for a 15'00" Ducktrap Wherry.

Also "Free" if you pick them up.

A great boat to build and row!!!!
    " Be all that you can be"

stuartwhitla,
    Check your PMs.

Erik

If the duck trap wherry molds are not spoken for as yet, I would like to speak up.

Wishj I had known yesterday, I was at the Topsfield fair from Maine.

Default Free molds

I have the molds and jig base for a 15 foot Prospector Ranger by Bear Mountain Canoes. Free to whoever wants it.
    Located in Troy NY

hey ocean spray, in the pic below I see what looks like an old style Wilcox-Crittenden drain plug, the kind where the plug or valve mechanism is integrated into the top half of the fitting, as opposed to the simple screw in plug type. Is that right? Where did you get it?

Thumbs up Functional Drain plug

Keen Eye, David! The drain plug was taken off a wrecked boat on one of the Boston Harbor islands several years ago. My brother Steve who helped me build the boat thought it would be better than one of those expanding rubber jobs.
    I really like it because you can never loose the plug since it is captive and because of the design the plug screws into the top housing thus preventing it from dropping down and impeading the flow of water trying to drain out.
    I found one similar to it in the Traditional Marine Outfitters on-line catalog --page 30
    http://www.traditional-marine.com/1-100web.htm
    " Be all that you can be"

Yeah thats it exactly! Thanks for the link. I bid on one on ebay not too long ago but there was someone there who kept outbidding me. I just thought it was cool and might look good on my skiff so I let him have it at $60 figuring it might be something specific they were looking for. Glad I did since I see it's worth $25 new!

I liked it because the way the top half is made water flows into the hole around the legs as opposed to over the rim of normal garboard drain meaning there's no lip to catch dirt and grime and it will technically drain more of the boat (I know not really an issue). But it's probably more than needed in a simple flat botomed skiff.

The catalog calls it a "self bailer" suggesting that at speed you could open it and the floor would drain as you moved while in the water. Pretty cool.
    Last edited by dmede; 10-04-2006 at 06:51 PM.

I like the catalog, but never has the word "inquire" in the price column seemed so ominous...
    "The enemies of reason have a certain blind look."
    Doctor Jacquin to Lieutenant D'Hubert, in Ridley Scott's first major film _The Duellists_.

Bummer, I just bought a set for the Haven, but I couldnt make it up there to pick them up anyway. Had them shipped. But I got an unused set of plans also. Too many projects

Default Re: Free molds

I have a cosine wherry mold for free--on Vancouver Island.