Okay, I decided it was time to start working on Kindred Spirit before spring springs and I want to take her out to the lake. The question I have is, she's been drying out for a few months now, and cracks are opening up between the cedar strips. I'm not too worried about the cracks except that when I paint again, and the paint gets between the planks via the open cracks, will the planks have a hard time sealing the next time it swells? If so, what are my options? I just now got a humidifier to help swell it a bit, but if I do that, then paint, the paint will end up just cracking again as she dries out in a few weeks. I could just paint then keep the humidifier goin, which might be the way to go.
If I was to decide to maybe canvass her someday, what sort of prep would I need to do? Would the existing paint have to come off? Is glassing the bottom properly an option or should I forget that line?
A big pre-thanks for any help I can get. Everyone has been so great in the past I'm not too worried about getting many options.
[ 01-04-2003, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: lumberdude ]