Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34
Results 106 to 118 of 118

Thread: The real reason why the GOP wants to kill SS

  1. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Walney, near Cumbria UK
    Posts
    60,091

    Default Re: The real reason why the GOP wants to kill SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Davis View Post
    TLT - So you have no formal economic training? Or training in civility? Your posts reflect that.
    I think, from some of TLT's posts, that he relys on his wifes skills.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

    The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Kitty Hawk, NC
    Posts
    12,512

    Default Re: The real reason why the GOP wants to kill SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    I think, from some of TLT's posts, that he relys on his wifes skills.
    I have sufficient skills in this area. My wife has skills in other areas.
    Life is complex.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Walney, near Cumbria UK
    Posts
    60,091

    Default Re: The real reason why the GOP wants to kill SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Little Time View Post
    I have sufficient skills in this area. My wife has skills in other areas.
    My recollection of your posts are clear.
    Your wife may have many skills, and you defer to her financial abilities according to your own posts.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

    The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Pompano Beach, FLorida
    Posts
    1,243

    Default Re: The real reason why the GOP wants to kill SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Little Time View Post
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...over-to-obama/
    But what good are statistics except to tell lies.
    That chart compares 4 years to 8 years, and doesn't state the actual start and stop dates. It's an intentional attempt to lie with statistics. Also it's not a source, it has a source, that's been modified to show what the author wants, not what really happened.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    St. Paul, MN, USA
    Posts
    62,710

    Default Re: The real reason why the GOP wants to kill SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Little Time View Post
    But what good are statistics except to tell lies.
    Ladies and gentlemen, we have a strong contender for the single wrongest sentence in the Bilge for this year, certainly; perhaps this decade. Well done, TLT!
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

    Richard Feynman

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Kitty Hawk, NC
    Posts
    12,512

    Default Re: The real reason why the GOP wants to kill SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, we have a strong contender for the single wrongest sentence in the Bilge for this year, certainly; perhaps this decade. Well done, TLT!
    But no comment on Covida's graph.

    2 truthful graphs supporting contradictory truths.
    Life is complex.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Kitty Hawk, NC
    Posts
    12,512

    Default Re: The real reason why the GOP wants to kill SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    My recollection of your posts are clear.
    Your wife may have many skills, and you defer to her financial abilities according to your own posts.
    I guess if you cannot argue the facts, you attack the person.
    Life is complex.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Billings, Montana
    Posts
    1,255

    Default Re: The real reason why the GOP wants to kill SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Little Time View Post
    I did answer your questions. I think I included my education.

    But you are most likely correct. Many have said I am untrainable.

    If you are going to be critical of my economic background, perhaps, you could share yours.
    I don't come here and spout economic mishmash to try to impress someone. I hate economics and almost failed macro- in college. My brother is a professional economist, and my wife is a CPA. I hear more than I care to hear about money. BTW - I was trained as an ecologist and worked 30 years as a biologist for terrible federal government agencies trying to save the world.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Kitty Hawk, NC
    Posts
    12,512

    Default Re: The real reason why the GOP wants to kill SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Davis View Post
    I don't come here and spout economic mishmash to try to impress someone. I hate economics and almost failed macro- in college.
    We have something in common. I also don't come here to spout economic mishmash. Or to impress someone.

    Yet, you feel competent to be judge my credentials and to evaluate my comments. It is good you learned those skills in college.
    Life is complex.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Billings, Montana
    Posts
    1,255

    Default Re: The real reason why the GOP wants to kill SS

    I did learn critical thinking skills. And I was the most sought-after editor in the environmental section of my region.

    Enough of this ok?

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,579

    Default Re: The real reason why the GOP wants to kill SS

    Saying the quiet part out loud . . .

    https://www.commondreams.org/news/mi...ocial-security

    FDR presente !!

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,579

    Default Re: The real reason why the GOP wants to kill SS

    Not only that, but here is a good gauge of which House Dems are progressives, and which are corporatists . . .

    Why does it matter ?? Well, just for openers, not many of the corporatists would support M4A or Drug price reform,

    nor can they be counted upon to defend social security.

    Some of the names may surprise you . . I'd say pogressives need to primary the lot.

    https://www.commondreams.org/news/horrors-of-socialism

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Kitty Hawk, NC
    Posts
    12,512

    Default Re: The real reason why the GOP wants to kill SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Davis View Post
    I did learn critical thinking skills. And I was the most sought-after editor in the environmental section of my region.

    Enough of this ok?
    I am proud of you.

    I thought this tread was a simple math problem. That does not mean you are wrong in thinking it was about economics. Just that we have different views.

    If I was interested in fixing Social Security, I would kick up the interest rate on the Social Security trust find. Enough so that it would be competitive with the broad market. Encouraging individuals not want change. But that is more of an economic decision. I don't expect many professionals would favor it.
    Life is complex.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •