Thread: I have a friend who is an angel.

Default I have a friend who is an angel.

I have a friend by the name of Kelly. Kelly was the intermediary who delivered 8 week-old Buddy to me in January of 2001. I did not know Kelly. Kelly is a friend of my sister and niece. We have since become good friends.

Kelly was once a humane officer who quit the job after a traumatic experience. Nine years ago her team rescued 125 cats and a dog from a house in a town about 15 miles south of Norwalk (where I live). A brother and sister hoarded the cats. The dog belonged to the brother. The dog was confined to the brother’s 10’ x 10’ bedroom and was sexually abused by him. The dog was a 5 year-old shepherd mix who was malnourished and completely distrustful of humans. No one at the shelter could come near her but Kelly. The dog bonded with Kelly. Kelly took the dog home and nursed her back to health. Kelly had the dog for a couple of months until a Huron County judge ordered the dog returned to its owner (after he served time in the county jail on other charges). Kelly had worked with this judge before on other animal cruelty cases and was stunned by the order. The judge said the dog was ordered returned to the owner because bestiality is not illegal in the State of Ohio. Kelly was heartbroken and traumatized by the situation. She told me she consequently suffered from PTSD and so quit her job with the humane society. She remained in close contact with the local police and is often called upon to search for lost dogs as well as to assist in other animal-related issues.

Yesterday morning Kelly texted me at 5:00 am. The house had been raided again on Monday. This time 35 cats and a dog were rescued. It was the same dog… now 14 years old. She had been confined in the same 10’ x 10’ bedroom. The man was now bedridden with testicular cancer. The dog was again severely malnourished and covered with tumors. The humane society had contacted Kelly prior to the rescue for info regarding the layout of the house and so they kept her informed about the details of the rescue. Kelly begged the humane society to once again allow her to take possession of the dog. After two days they decided to do so since the dog would not allow anyone else near her. The dog remembered Kelly and willingly got into her car. Kelly got the dog home on Tuesday afternoon. She slept on the floor with the dog that first night. The poor dog is now incontinent and Kelly had her outside for a walk 4 times between midnight and 5:00 am when she texted me and gave me all these details.

Today Kelly took the dog to the vet. She has pyometra (a horrible uterine infection) and a bad ear infection. Worse… among her many tumors she has a massive tumor on her liver. She will live perhaps another 6 weeks.

My friend Kelly is an angel. She will give this dog every bit of care and love it requires for its remaining days. I intend to give Kelly every bit of support she requires to get through these next weeks. The dog’s name was Sheeba. Kelly has renamed her Miracle. Kelly says it does not matter to the dog because it is deaf.

cid:24C3A2A1-2E21-420C-BFA3-34F06C2FAA14
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 12-08-2022 at 08:03 PM.
    "They have a lot of stupid people that vote in their primaries. They really do. I'm not really supposed to say that but it's an obvious fact. But when stupid people vote, you know who they nominate? Other stupid people." -- James Carville on the plethora of low-quality GQP candidates in the mid-term election.

Default Re: I have a friend who is an angel.

OK you lost me at sexually abusing a DOG ????? WTF
    Some people are seriously sick, I would be traumatized by that for life as well.

The fact that the disgusting waste of human excrement is now bedridden with testicular cancer is proof that there is a God and he loves dogs.

My hope in life is to become the man my dog thinks I am. Kelly is that person truly a wonderful person, tell her that for me please.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    My friend Kelly is an angel. She will give this dog every bit of care and love it requires for it's remaining days. I intend to give Kelly every bit of support she requires to get through these next weeks.
    You are not so bad your self, Tom.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

I've never before wished that a dog would attack and bite off someone's genitals, but this is one time when an aggressive bit of self-defense would be applauded.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal)
    OK you lost me at sexually abusing a DOG ????? WTF
    Some people are seriously sick, I would be traumatized by that for life as well.

The fact that the disgusting waste of human excrement is now bedridden with testicular cancer is proof that there is a God and he loves dogs.

My hope in life is to become the man my dog thinks I am. Kelly is that person truly a wonderful person, tell her that for me please.
    Will do, Joe. Kelly agrees with you regarding the perp.

In 2017 a law was passed by the Ohio legislature outlawing bestiality in the state. But a court ruled that, due to a mistake in the bill as passed and signed into law, bestiality remains legal in nine Ohio counties. One of those counties is mine (Huron). It is insane, I know.

The current situation in Ohio: https://ohiocapitaljournal.com/2020/...s-to-fix-that/
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 12-08-2022 at 07:26 PM.
    "They have a lot of stupid people that vote in their primaries. They really do. I'm not really supposed to say that but it's an obvious fact. But when stupid people vote, you know who they nominate? Other stupid people." -- James Carville on the plethora of low-quality GQP candidates in the mid-term election.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post
    You are not so bad your self, Tom.
    Aye, 2 angels. Danke, Tom & Kelly.

sometimes.....

Joe (SoCal)….

Kelly just texted me regarding your message: “oh that is so sweet! ❤️ wow I am honored”

We seem to have a major case like that every couple of months here in PNW USA. Latest involved almost 20 unfed horses.
    This keeping of dozens of animals must be a mental syndrome of some sort. Probably in the same vein as hoarding.
    What to do?
    ITS CHAOS, BE KIND

My friend Kelly thinks this is a serious mental illness that needs to be addressed by court-ordered treatment in a mental institution. She thinks criminal incarceration is useless. In that case they serve their time, get released, and continue their behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    Joe (SoCal)….

Kelly just texted me regarding your message: “oh that is so sweet! ❤️ wow I am honored”
    Thats sweet and humble. You can tell her we rescued our beloved Ella through the North Shore Animal League, she was removed from a hoarding house in Illinois with over 60 dogs some of them left dead from what we learned it was a horrific scene.

Best dog ever, but then of course I'm a little biased

IMG_5213.jpg
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

The following are my friend's words...

"Not for one moment did I ever forget her. Her heart remembered too and now she is forever mine. There is a story that someday I will share but for now we are going to be Living a Great Story and not looking back. She's a miracle plain and simple."

"If you have never seen snow in your 14 years alive and you wake up from a long nap @ 2:00 a.m what do you do? Yep we go for a long walk and she decides to roll in it and then come inside and eat chicken nuggets Because why not?! She's NOW finally gonna live a great story... Love wins -"

"Someday I will tell her story but for now I just believe in Christmas miracles, she does too."

"The side eye I get when she realizes we are driving past Mcdonald's. 'Excuse me ma'am we are going to get you a roaster chicken from the deli- its healthier 😂' "

"May your day be filled with ..."

Much love and respect to Kelly! What she does can be utterly soul-sucking at times.

You already had my respect.

Jeff C
    Don’t expect much, and you won’t be disappointed…

Quote Originally Posted by leikec View Post
    Much love and respect to Kelly! What she does can be utterly soul-sucking at times.

You already had my respect.

Jeff C
    I'm with Jeff on this one - unfortunately cannot show this thread to my lady, she would wish serious harm on the perp in the OP, she has rescued many an abandoned dog or cat from the roadside , and once had to 'kick butt' on a guy who was 'training' his horse with a 2x4 at our boarding stable - she kept the horse and tossed him off the property.
    Last edited by hawkeye54; 12-19-2022 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Spell check put one over on me - again!
    Charter Member - - Professional Procrastinators Association of America - - putting things off since 1965 " I'll get around to it tomorrow, .... maybe "