Thread: Calendars

Default Calendars

My 2023 calendar has arrived! I splurged and bought the new flintknapping calendar from knapper Derek Mclean. He was a friend and guide on my favourite forums years ago- those forums long since gone. I used to buy a calendar from him every year but stopped for a long time because of the cost of postage- works out at about 45 Australian dollars just for shipping. Anyway- have a look https://www.mcleandesign.com/project/personal-knapping https://www.mcleandesign.com/knapping
    Any of you good people buy calendars relating to your hobbies? JayInOz

Default Re: Calendars

I buy the WoodenBoat calendar every year. It's great wall art for people with a 1-month attention span!
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Too committed to my iPhone calendar app now. But I did make a beetle cat calendar last year for people to download and use as a desktop photo. You can find December's page on the Beetle Cat Sailors page on FB.
    A society predicated on the assumption that everyone in it should want to get rich is not well situated to become either ethical or imaginative.

Photographer of sailing and sailboats
    And other things, too.
    http://www.landsedgephoto.com

I have my Wooden Boat calendar and several old ones tucked in the desk drawer, for no real reason, I guess. I'm impressed with those flints, Jay! I tried it once but didn't have time to pursue it and now that I'm an old f@rt on blood thinners it looks like a really good way of bleeding out

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

No calendars for me.

I had an interesting couple of people at the museum recently. Two First Nations guys who've been studying stone tool production around the world.
    They'd just come back from a dig in Israel. They were talking about 750,000 year old tools!
    They're gonna help me create a little knapping resource for the education team.

(I kept referring to Debitage as Decolletage ...... which is very different).
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

I was talking with an American anthropologist and told him that I had a piece of flint from a cave in France which had been knapped so many thousand years ago- I forget the number now. He replied that he had a piece of flint from Africa which had been knapped a million years ago by a different species. I couldn't top that JayInOz